A Conversation with a Deputy Sheriff ...

A Conversation with a Deputy Sheriff in Fremont County, Wyoming

Posted in the Newcastle Forum

Tim Shey

Cedarville, CA

#1 Mar 7, 2012
Back in January of this year, I was walking west with my backpack on U.S. 26 in the Wind River Mountains of Wyoming. I was between Dubois and Togwotee Pass. It may have been snowing. I saw this pickup coming towards me, so I stuck out my thumb hoping that I would get a ride. As the pickup came closer, I noticed the lights on top of the cab and realized it was a sheriff's vehicle.(I usually don't stick my thumb out when a highway patrol or a sheriff drives by because hitchhiking is illegal in Wyoming)

The pickup slowed down, the red lights on top went on and the pickup stopped. A deputy sheriff climbed out of the cab and he looked very irate.

He walked up to me and started yelling at me (these may not be the exact words), "I have warned you several times NOT to hitchhike because hitchhiking is illegal in Wyoming!"

I answered very calmly, "I'm just obeying the Lord."

Then the deputy sheriff really lost it and started yelling and screaming even louder, "Hitchhiking is against the law!"

I listened to him speak for a few moments and then I said again, "I'm just obeying the Lord." (In the mouth of two or three witnesses let every word be established--but I don't think this did any good here)

The deputy sheriff again started yelling and screaming at me and said, "Hitchhiking is against the law! If I see you soliciting a ride again, I'm going to take you to the jail in Lander and they will charge you with a seventy-dollar fine!"

There was a snowplow that had come up behind the deputy sheriff's pickup and stopped.

I then said, "I'll just keep on walking and get out of the way of the snowplow."

I headed west and the deputy sheriff got in his pickup and drove off.

In the state of Wyoming, it is illegal to hitchhike, but it is NOT illegal to murder a preborn human baby (the biggest misogynists in this country are people who murder preborn baby girls) courtesy of a 1973 Supreme Court decision, Roe v. Wade. There is a doctor in Jackson, Wyoming who kills preborn human babies for a price (sounds like a bounty hunter or a hit man).

If you live in Wyoming, remember: harass hitchhikers, save the wolves and murder preborn human babies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newcastle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Newcastle Music Thread (May '12) Mon Musikologist 20
Debate: Gay Marriage - Upton, WY (Jan '12) Nov 4 tewcab 2
Historic Mill Destroyed (Feb '15) Feb '15 leftSHARKsnark 1
Review: Bear Lodge Motel (Sep '14) Sep '14 deep water 1
SafeRide (Sep '14) Sep '14 Leopard Princess 1
Celestial Castle Courtyard (Feb '13) May '14 WIT2 874
News New Report Available: Derek Oil & Gas Corporati... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Mel Barella 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newcastle Mortgages