First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Unbelievable

Capac, MI

#63 Nov 8, 2009
BSMITH wrote:
So you feel sorry for Dungan...a man who was seen all over Roseville DRUNK in bars after the incident. Everyone knows that Michael Ramirez dashed out into the street. He had been warned by the bus driver several times not to run off in the middle of the street. He did not deserve to get run over by a drunk cop, but the cop is in prison. I do feel tremendous sorrow for thw little boy and his family. Redding was doing his work protecting other officers and was killed by a text messaging drunk who was wearing headphones. Just shortly he had been warned not to dive by the taxi driver. Oh and also please be sure to listen to the interrogation tapes in which Dungan says he was "way more drunk" other times and had gone the same route without incident. Oh and also he had been stopped 2X before on suspicious drunk driving. And oh, just after the news came out about the incident there was a local talk radio station taking calls from people. One woman said she knew Dungan and he often bragged about his drinking and driving. This case is so different than March;s. Oh and by the way if you are feeling sorry for Dungan, just remember what he told the cops..that he thought he hit a dog....just imagine someone you loved hit by him and then saying it was a dog. The windshield of his truck had a huge indentation of shattered glass. That was Matt's head. And he said it was a dog....he was within inches of the man he hit and then he left. Oh yeah. no tears for Dungan. He got what he deserved and I hope he gets the max!
I personally know Eric Dungan and I find it utterly unbelievable that California gave him a 15 to life sentence. Although I have the greatest sympathy for officer Redding - giving him a 2nd degree murder charge is way too harsh. I am shocked by this.
Unbelievable

Capac, MI

#64 Nov 8, 2009
I read in a comment that there were interrogation tapes. Where can I find this information? I am deeply sorry for the loss of officer Matt Redding, and being a friend of Eric Dungan I am saddened. The guilt he will always carry with him. However I do not believe a sentence of 15 to life was appropriate. I do believe he should serve time and pay for his crime. What a sad situation all around.
torn

West Sacramento, CA

#65 Dec 8, 2009
There is no doubt that Eric deserved jail time... a life is now gone because of the bad decision made that night. I do however feel like 15 to life was an extreme sentence. Like someone mentioned above me, a police officer driving drunk should've received more of a sentence than Eric simply because he is even MORE aware of the law being in law enforcement! Please don't take this the wrong way, it truly is so sad about Mr.Redding and my sympathies go out to his family.. but the sentencing was truly unfair in my eyes. I personally knew Eric and worked with him for a time and also have been on the other side of the situation with have a friend killed by a drunk driver and I would be outraged if he didn't get jail time for what he did, but to be unfairly sentenced is just wrong.
leticia

Clovis, CA

#66 Jan 6, 2010
Okay, no tears for a drunk who killed an officer doing his job. I think the reason there is so much outrage over Dungan is that he was warned not to drive by the taxi driver! True, March needed more time, but this does not mean Dungan deserved less time.
still heartroken

Roseville, CA

#67 Mar 23, 2010
wow, is all i can say...i believe both men who were drinking and driving should do time and should carry what they have done with them for the rest of there lives. the funnythink is that people are fighting about the sentence and the how it is unfai. well one desided to go in front of a jury and the other did not they both took diffrent roads on how to handle there case, so of course there is going to a diffrent outcome !!! the fact that people keep calling it an accident drives me crazy, it was not an accident or a mistake that these men or children where killed it was a choice that the driver took. as for Dungan, the whole story makes me sick, i mean how drunk do you have to e to be driving a little truck and hit a colse to a sold 250 6'2 man and not know what you hit,have a huge dint in your truck and a cracked windshield and keep driving as if nothing happen??? i think it is hard to swollow also is that dungan was seen out drunk at well on bail and i know for a fact was asked to leave a party becuase he was so drunk, and the person having the party insisted on calling a cab becuase him and his friends di dnot have a sober driver......does not sound like lession learned..no matter how you look at it both cases are sad and heartbreaking but hard to feel for someone who was worned t to drive and mat could still be alive if he would have just stayed in the cab.......
Gina

United States

#69 Jan 6, 2012
Your stupid. Everyone
Enknows alcohol om
John wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel sorry for Matt Redding and his family. Matts gone FOREVER. Eric still has his whole life to live. He knew he was drunk but didnt care and drove anyways. Just 10 minutes before Matt was murdered, Eric was sitting in a cab. A cab that was willing to take him home for only 15 dollars more. But no Matts life was worth less then 15 dollars to Eric. Its good you have sympathy but in this case its tragically misplaced.
Gina

United States

#70 Jan 6, 2012
Hey stupid person, if so
Do e has been drinking how much coomon sense do you think they have? Maybe the taxi driver should have called the pupil ice before Eric got o the road
still heartroken wrote:
wow, is all i can say...i believe both men who were drinking and driving should do time and should carry what they have done with them for the rest of there lives. the funnythink is that people are fighting about the sentence and the how it is unfai. well one desided to go in front of a jury and the other did not they both took diffrent roads on how to handle there case, so of course there is going to a diffrent outcome !!! the fact that people keep calling it an accident drives me crazy, it was not an accident or a mistake that these men or children where killed it was a choice that the driver took. as for Dungan, the whole story makes me sick, i mean how drunk do you have to e to be driving a little truck and hit a colse to a sold 250 6'2 man and not know what you hit,have a huge dint in your truck and a cracked windshield and keep driving as if nothing happen??? i think it is hard to swollow also is that dungan was seen out drunk at well on bail and i know for a fact was asked to leave a party becuase he was so drunk, and the person having the party insisted on calling a cab becuase him and his friends di dnot have a sober driver......does not sound like lession learned..no matter how you look at it both cases are sad and heartbreaking but hard to feel for someone who was worned t to drive and mat could still be alive if he would have just stayed in the cab.......
haley

Citrus Heights, CA

#71 Sep 20, 2012
WILL ALWAYS BE GLAD THAT DUNGAN GOT WHAT HE DESERVED!!!!! hOPEFULLY HE WILL SERVE LIFE!!!
haley

Citrus Heights, CA

#72 Oct 9, 2012
7 yrs Eric KILLED a police officer, while drunk. Today is 7 yrs. Matt is dead....Eric ...hope you are enjoying your time with Bubba your cellmate! Hope you NEVER get paroled. I w b there to see it does not happen!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newcastle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is it Time to Replace Sheriff Bonner? 13 hr Quigly 1
Shooting in Sacramento and Auburn Fri Cncrnd 1
any women wanna sell or give me there sweaty ti... Oct 6 carlos 1
Allan Dunnam (Apr '12) Oct 6 braless 3
Review: Mid-Sierra Towing & Mobile (Sep '09) Oct 1 overyaunder 3
How close is the fire to Loomis Sep '14 heartfocus 1
21 yr old disabled Meadow Vista girl needs your... Sep '14 Diana 1
Newcastle Dating
Find my Match

Newcastle Jobs