Whatever Happened to... Orange County...

Whatever Happened to... Orange County Choppers?

There are 51 comments on the Motorcyclist story from May 9, 2011, titled Whatever Happened to... Orange County Choppers?. In it, Motorcyclist reports that:

In a reality-TV world where most "stars" barely get the promised 15 minutes of fame, those tattooed Neanderthals at Orange County ChoppersA-named for that "other" OC in Upstate New YorkA-have defied expectations with their 10-year run of prime-time dysfunction.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Motorcyclist.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Evel K

AOL

#1 May 9, 2011
Whatta load of crap the last show was. Horse Head could not have been more scripted. From the attorney explaining the action to HH trying to settle. Maybe he may know that Jr can if he had a decent attorney instead of these up state goobers a dirivitive action that will allow him full controll after a recievership which will open the books. With that the greedy HH will be exposed as he embezzels OCC. He will sure be under investigation by the IRS as he has not claimed all his income and will lose his house as it will be siezed. Could not happen to a better person as a Mannhattan attorney will legally mule kick the crap out of his loser attorney/friend-does that mean he did not have to pay anymore when they have that friendly talk. Now he gets it and HH can only do damage controll to keep his empire alive .Danny was the first to get screwed and after the OCC IronWorks tax issue they will surely gun for him. Zig Zag old man you'll be a harder target
Jake Halstrom

Duluth, GA

#2 May 10, 2011
I love the show but sometimes the "conflict" thing turns me off. here is a picture of my Chopper:
https://sites.google.com/site/briggsnpscooter...
Bigguy

Toledo, OH

#3 May 10, 2011
I really miss the old show. I still see reruns and it only magnifies what is missing from the newer shows . The Choppers were only part of the shows appeal . The insight of viewers to the family buisness and seeing it grow and grow through hard work was the real attraction . The heart of the show is gone and seems now the focus is all about money and bitterness over legal solutions to deep family problems . It's a shame. I really wish they would realize what they had before all the success of later years

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#4 May 10, 2011
Evel K wrote:
Whatta load of crap the last show was. Horse Head could not have been more scripted. From the attorney explaining the action to HH trying to settle. Maybe he may know that Jr can if he had a decent attorney instead of these up state goobers a dirivitive action that will allow him full controll after a recievership which will open the books. With that the greedy HH will be exposed as he embezzels OCC. He will sure be under investigation by the IRS as he has not claimed all his income and will lose his house as it will be siezed. Could not happen to a better person as a Mannhattan attorney will legally mule kick the crap out of his loser attorney/friend-does that mean he did not have to pay anymore when they have that friendly talk. Now he gets it and HH can only do damage controll to keep his empire alive .Danny was the first to get screwed and after the OCC IronWorks tax issue they will surely gun for him. Zig Zag old man you'll be a harder target
Yeah, there's a lot of smoke and mirrors going on. Yeah and no doubt, there is definitely someone behind the scenes AKA "Off Camera", pulling Paul Sr's "I'm the victim" strings. My guess its one of his Lawyer buddies that is just "tired of watching Jr taking advantage of the poor old man."

Watching old shows and seeing how things used to be, and where they are now, its clear to see Senior is being manipulated and absolutely brainwashed. People close to him that truely care about the guy and his family need to step up before its to late.
Evel K

AOL

#5 May 10, 2011
David_Banner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, there's a lot of smoke and mirrors going on. Yeah and no doubt, there is definitely someone behind the scenes AKA "Off Camera", pulling Paul Sr's "I'm the victim" strings. My guess its one of his Lawyer buddies that is just "tired of watching Jr taking advantage of the poor old man."
Watching old shows and seeing how things used to be, and where they are now, its clear to see Senior is being manipulated and absolutely brainwashed. People close to him that truely care about the guy and his family need to step up before its to late.
You missed the boat on that one, They are a trio of leaches and feed off the misery of each. He was not exactly father of the year and Danny not also dealing with him confirms that Horse Head is a pawn for TLC as this cannot be anymore scripted- In real life they in trying to head off a liquidation of Iron Works from Turner under valued the company before a transfer . IRS jumped in a Danny Boy took the hit. The old man has played dirty and I know it has been resolved someone said in February and they will play it out all season. I would have been able to have jr. regain total controll and push OCC into recievership with very little effort legally. Application was never made and never infront of the courts ,Why? It would not play well on TV. The delerships faultered and with no disposable cash the base line consumer realizes there is no value in there product. The designs are old and the fact is a big bear kit will be no less a bike than what they kick out- The money was in the merch and that without a fan base will no longer produce the once obtained revenue. As TLC rolls out new programing this too shall pass
mindy

United States

#6 May 14, 2011
Ok. So been out the picture for awhile. What did happen between them

Location hidden

#7 May 14, 2011
Evel K wrote:
<quoted text>You missed the boat on that one, They are a trio of leaches and feed off the misery of each. He was not exactly father of the year and Danny not also dealing with him confirms that Horse Head is a pawn for TLC as this cannot be anymore scripted- In real life they in trying to head off a liquidation of Iron Works from Turner under valued the company before a transfer . IRS jumped in a Danny Boy took the hit. The old man has played dirty and I know it has been resolved someone said in February and they will play it out all season. I would have been able to have jr. regain total controll and push OCC into recievership with very little effort legally. Application was never made and never infront of the courts ,Why? It would not play well on TV. The delerships faultered and with no disposable cash the base line consumer realizes there is no value in there product. The designs are old and the fact is a big bear kit will be no less a bike than what they kick out- The money was in the merch and that without a fan base will no longer produce the once obtained revenue. As TLC rolls out new programing this too shall pass
Trying to wrap my head around this.. Is Danny the other son? Whats this Iron Works transfer deal?

I think it would be fair to say Jr. would stand more to gain with his own Brand if he left OCC to its fate, imo.

Since: May 11

Australia

#8 May 18, 2011
To put it in a nut shell. The series OCC was and will always be a load of drivel. As for the new series. I dont know as i cant stand the crap. If they put that much energy into building actual bikes. They would be putting out one every day. Not one every month or so.
And i still find it laughable that people actually buy these monolithic heaps of junk.
If you tryed to do a distance ride of over 600 miles in a day or less it would shed parts as you bounced your waydown the road.
Stop watching and it will dry up and go away.
Sean

Angola, NY

#9 May 18, 2011
Mikey and Vinny would love your scoot.
Jake Halstrom wrote:
I love the show but sometimes the "conflict" thing turns me off. here is a picture of my Chopper:
https://sites.google.com/site/briggsnpscooter...
Evel K

AOL

#10 May 19, 2011
muttleyfjr wrote:
To put it in a nut shell. The series OCC was and will always be a load of drivel. As for the new series. I dont know as i cant stand the crap. If they put that much energy into building actual bikes. They would be putting out one every day. Not one every month or so.
And i still find it laughable that people actually buy these monolithic heaps of junk.
If you tryed to do a distance ride of over 600 miles in a day or less it would shed parts as you bounced your waydown the road.
Stop watching and it will dry up and go away.
I here that ,remember when horse head hade a booth behind harley during Myrtle Beach and even Laconia in a bowling alley-One lump of shit after another. Not a damn thing original , but hell they made there money on t-shirts
Choppman68

Buzzards Bay, MA

#11 May 20, 2011
Your right about that Evel K, they make a shitload of cash on t-shirts and merchandise. Hell, look at JR, his new company has more t-shirt designs than bikes they have assembled LOL.

Since: May 11

Australia

#12 May 20, 2011
You have hit the nail on the head Choppman. If ya cant sell bikes every idiot wants another useless Tshirt to add to their collection.
Aint it funny ,that since they made that widow bike years ago nearly every second bike has had some sort of cob web looking work on the arse end.
I would love to have a holiday in the US and challenge either Sr or Jr to a ride from Say Seattle to around Florida. But in an Irion Butt Association style ride. Coast to Coast in under 50 hours.
I bet they would need a semi trailer with parts and tools to keep it going LOL.
Oh. And to make it fair Cause we know these things dont have the best fuel range. I would bring with me my 1999 model XJR1300 Yamaha. Sorry you guys havent ever had them imported into your country so you may have to look it up on the web thingy if you want to see what they look like.
But my XJR1300 gives me around 180 miles to the tank at around 75 Mph
And so far it has over 105,000 miles on the clock and hasnt broken down or lost a part,LOL
I wonder if either would be intrested LMFAO !!!!
Evel K

AOL

#13 May 20, 2011
Choppman68 wrote:
Your right about that Evel K, they make a shitload of cash on t-shirts and merchandise. Hell, look at JR, his new company has more t-shirt designs than bikes they have assembled LOL.
And even notice the constant shots of the trucks which he also recieved product placement money- Now lard ass mike will soon be on Jenny Craig- Kidding he will always be a fat lazy slob
Evel K

AOL

#14 May 20, 2011
muttleyfjr wrote:
You have hit the nail on the head Choppman. If ya cant sell bikes every idiot wants another useless Tshirt to add to their collection.
Aint it funny ,that since they made that widow bike years ago nearly every second bike has had some sort of cob web looking work on the arse end.
I would love to have a holiday in the US and challenge either Sr or Jr to a ride from Say Seattle to around Florida. But in an Irion Butt Association style ride. Coast to Coast in under 50 hours.
Oh. And to make it fair Cause we know these things dont have the best fuel range. I would bring with me my 1999 model XJR1300 Yamaha. Sorry you guys havent ever had them imported into your country so you may have to look it up on the web thingy if you want to see what they look like.
And so far it has over 105,000 miles on the clock and hasnt broken down or lost a part,LOL
I wish Indian Larry was still around cause I would get him to design a tow hook to Sr. triple trees and make a fortune . Anyhow who ever bought one of these loads . I seen on of Jesses bikes and for what the guy paid it looked like a garage project not much there either.

Location hidden

#15 May 20, 2011
muttleyfjr wrote:
Have you heard stories about their bikes breaking down? Just curious. Personally, some of the Bikes Jr has built since going alone have been pretty sweet. It is very hard to imagine ANY of the bikes produced on the show could pass as daily drivers though.
Evel K

AOL

#16 May 20, 2011
David_Banner wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you heard stories about their bikes breaking down? Just curious. Personally, some of the Bikes Jr has built since going alone have been pretty sweet. It is very hard to imagine ANY of the bikes produced on the show could pass as daily drivers though.
Sure the legal guys sell these off as exhibition and display.Sr had most of those no front breaks. Most will not even pass a DOT inspection. Now those things are toned down and will sell to anyone going through a mid life crisis. I should design for them a horse head chopper. Its big and makes a ton of noise but sputters only and soon to run out of gas
Evel K

AOL

#17 May 20, 2011
The Orange County Choppers clan's other family business and its leader will pay $500,000 to settle claims that the business ripped off its creditors.
The settlement will be presented Tuesday in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Poughkeepsie, where O.C. Iron Works' Chapter 7 bankruptcy case has been proceeding since July 2005.
The case is not related to Orange County Choppers, the reality television phenomenon that launched Paul Teutul and his sons to stardom. Instead, it focuses on the steel fabrication and erection business he ran before he began building bikes.
Related Stories
VIDEO: Weighty Competition Shaving for funds and fun at OC Choppers Santa Paws visits Chopper Orange County Choppers' Junior wins round Orange County Choppers crew losing hair for charity PHOTOS: Orange County Choppers' Mikey Teutul debuts new art Orange County Choppers' Mikey Teutul opens gallery and art studio OCC bike sets world quarter-mile record The Rock Tavern business has been passed around among various family members over the years, with Paul Teutul Sr. and two of his sons, Paul Teutul Jr. and Daniel Teutul, serving in ownership and management roles. Trustee Tom Genova's fraud complaint stems from one of those transfers.
According to the complaint, the Teutuls "devised and undertook a scheme" to "hinder, delay and defraud" the iron company's creditors.
The complaint filed in Bankruptcy Court in June 2007 names as defendants Paul Teutul Sr., Paul Teutul Jr., Daniel Teutul and Orange County Ironworks LLC. Only Daniel Teutul and the iron company are named as parties in the settlement.
Calls to Genova and lawyers representing the defendants were not returned Monday. The settlement includes a gag order barring the parties and their lawyers from discussing the settlement or bringing it to the attention of the media.
Genova's complaint suggests the sale was executed to protect the family business from a costly judgment in a lawsuit brought by Turner Construction. In 2003, O.C. Iron Works agreed to supply steel to Turner for a school Turner was building in Queens. According to court papers filed by Turner, O.C. Iron Works notified Turner in November 2003 that it wasn't able to perform the required work.
Turner terminated the contract and sued O.C. Iron Works, claiming breach of contract. The Teutuls then began diverting the assets of O.C. Iron Works to the new company, Orange County Ironworks LLC, according to the complaint. In late 2004, the Teutuls moved the employees of O.C. Iron Works over to the new company, and O.C. Iron Works stopped doing business. The transition was essentially complete.
On June 23, 2005, the New York State Appellate Division sided with Turner in its suit against O.C. Iron Works.On July 6, O.C. Iron Works filed for bankruptcy. The filing, under Chapter 7 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code, called for the company's assets to be liquidated and the proceeds distributed to creditors.
But the Teutuls had already cleaned the place out, leaving crumbs for the creditors, according to Genova's complaint. O.C. Iron Works' bankruptcy filing listed $596,520.09 in assets, but that sum consisted almost entirely of accounts receivable money the company was owed, but hadn't been able to collect.
The company's debts, meanwhile, were roughly $667,000, not counting the eventual $1.3 million judgment owed to Turner.
In his complaint, Genova sought to have the transfers from the old company to the new company judged fraudulent and set aside. He also sought to make the new company liable for the old company's debts.
Under the proposed settlement, Daniel Teutul and the current iron business, Orange County Ironworks LLC, will pay $500,000 to Genova, who can then distribute the money to creditors in the bankruptcy case. Genova, Turner Construction, Orange County Ironworks LLC and Daniel Teutul agree to release each other from liability.The two Paul Teutuls are conspicuously absent
Roo

Honolulu, HI

#18 May 24, 2011
If you look back at older episodes you see what a prima-donna Paul Jr is, his dad is a bit rough but he is a old school hard working man who made his sons a lot of money. They should respect him for that alone. In the end, time is precious and when their pop passes on they will have to do it. Mikey should grow a spine and bring those two together. Last part is whatever guys like Whiney ass Vinne says or any greedy bastards at OC say they should all be slapped in there doughy jowls because they have all have benefitted from this family....
bill

Schenectady, NY

#19 May 26, 2011
mindy wrote:
Ok. So been out the picture for awhile. What did happen between them
they are all crooks

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#20 May 31, 2011
I do agree. sr is rough but he gets job done the way he was taught. But also remember he has a lot of years of drunk and stoned that had made him act a certain way. so he acts the way he did when he was stoned, drunk. it is hard for a old dog to learn new tricks. jr though had a front row seat and he saw what he did not wnat to be like - but he turned into it anyway. I think jr just wants it all no matter how he gets it he will do what he wants to to get it.

his wife will have to learn to be tough too and I do see divorce papers in his future too.. cuz of the way he treated her with the boutique. he gave it to her then taketh a way cuz he wanted to.
Roo wrote:
If you look back at older episodes you see what a prima-donna Paul Jr is, his dad is a bit rough but he is a old school hard working man who made his sons a lot of money. They should respect him for that alone. In the end, time is precious and when their pop passes on they will have to do it. Mikey should grow a spine and bring those two together. Last part is whatever guys like Whiney ass Vinne says or any greedy bastards at OC say they should all be slapped in there doughy jowls because they have all have benefitted from this family....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newburgh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blue Diamond Painting and Contracting Jul 20 Charles Hanigan 1
News Big plans for Newburgh schools, though NFA Nort... Jul 18 M-J_ Hernandez 2
News NYC to ban mohels if children they treated foun... Jul 6 Jews stole my dog 14
News Police: Girls beat woman for fun in upstate New... (Jan '13) Jul 6 Realist 18
News What's new in the business scene (Dec '11) Jul 3 STFU 8
News Orange County dairy farm comes to sad end (Aug '10) Jun 30 Yentz 6
News Injunction sought to prohibit Kiryas Joel from ... Jun '17 Open Borders For ... 13

Newburgh Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newburgh Mortgages