Complaints to Newburgh town police de...

Complaints to Newburgh town police department highest ever

There are 17 comments on the www.midhudsonnews.com story from Jan 11, 2008, titled Complaints to Newburgh town police department highest ever. In it, www.midhudsonnews.com reports that:

Town of Newburgh There were 4119 criminal cases investigated by the Town of Newburgh Police Department in 2007, the highest number in the last eight years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.midhudsonnews.com.

OH NO

Kingston, NY

#1 Jan 11, 2008
NOT THE GOOD OL TOWN OF NEWBURGH HUH ? HELL YOU HAVE THE DRUG DEALERS , HOOKERS, TEACHERS THAT SLEEP WITH TEENS, ETC IN THE GOOD OL TOWN OF NEWBURGH TOO NOT TO MENTION THUGS. ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THEY HIDE IN THEIR HOUSE AND DON'T STAND OUT ON THE CORNER. SAME DIFFERENCE
puhlease

Kingston, NY

#2 Jan 23, 2008
you sound very angry "oh no" !! Why so much hatred for town of newburgh people??????
hmm

Kingston, NY

#3 Jan 24, 2008
please do not get confused. this is for people who badmouth newburgh residents. i don't know if you ever badmouthed people on here so this has nothing to do with you. it's not hate. it's more of "clean you room before you come into someone elses" type of thing meaning anyone who talks garbage about newburgh people on here when people talking garbage are no better. why did you reply to this? are you one of the things(teacher rapist,hooker, or drug dealer) i mentioned above or someone who talks bad about people?
WTF are u talkin about

Livingston Manor, NY

#4 Jan 27, 2008
OH NO wrote:
NOT THE GOOD OL TOWN OF NEWBURGH HUH ? HELL YOU HAVE THE DRUG DEALERS , HOOKERS, TEACHERS THAT SLEEP WITH TEENS, ETC IN THE GOOD OL TOWN OF NEWBURGH TOO NOT TO MENTION THUGS. ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THEY HIDE IN THEIR HOUSE AND DON'T STAND OUT ON THE CORNER. SAME DIFFERENCE
Thats the city of Newburgh
mcccmar45

AOL

#5 Jan 28, 2008
I blame the residents of newburgh for ANYTHING that happens to them - you dont like the druggies and the pimps?- you dont like living in the trashed houses??- TOUGH - DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT- chase the criminals out of town and clean your house - you have created the newburgh you deserve
late to story

Cliffside Park, NJ

#6 Mar 30, 2008
I have just recently moved to the Town of Newburgh. I really like it. Where I reside, it is really quiet and that it what is important to me. I think everywhere you go you will find out about the bad of a town. No place it perfect. However, I do agree that if you don't like where you are or what is happening it is up to you to try to change it. If all else fails, then move.
People should definately clean before their own door before they try to clean before someone elses but that it what makes the world go round. People love gossip and controversy.
super late to story

Teaneck, NJ

#7 Apr 4, 2008
I agree with "late to story." I live in the Town of Newburgh and I love it. It sounds like you may be referring to the City of Newburgh, even though the City is also working hard to combat crime. People make their neighborhoods and only people can change them with the aide of police. We all have to work together in a positive manner.
mcccmar45

AOL

#8 Apr 8, 2008
commendations to harry burch over at calvary cemetary for cleaning up St. Patrick's Cemetary on Broadway - it was once a haven for druggies and nuts - but its been re sodded - the grass has been cleaned up and cut - and it has been LOCKED - thankfully those buried there can now rest in peace
Fininet

Newburgh, NY

#9 Aug 11, 2008
I totally agree with Late story and Super lat story. I also live in Newburgh Town. All those things that are being mentioned above are more related to Newburgh City. Newburgh town is very quiet, you don't people hanging out on the street. I realize that a lot people are confusing Newburgh Town and Newburgh City; the media needs to do a better job differentiating the two when writing articles or reporting.
mcccmar45

AOL

#10 Aug 12, 2008
youre right
its Newburgh City that Im complaining about -no excuse for it
lets work together

Red Hook, NY

#11 Sep 2, 2008
We are all in the Same Fish Bowl,
If the city of Newburgh is dirty so is the Town of Newburgh and so is Orange County
I drive trough the city of Newburgh and see kids playing in rubble, the place looks like Berlin after World War II.
I am always amazed when I see that.
I think to my self this place is right on the Hudson River, and should be a Beautiful well kept area that every one in the county should be enjoying. What is keeping it like that??
A shortage of Brooms???
A shortage of Paint???
Hmmm don't think so,.
I am ashamed to say the closest town to me is Newburgh.

Is there any chance if you are on the Left of the right. Liberal or conservative, tall or short, you get my point, to stop arguing whit each other on whose fault it is. And join together and clean the place up,,, throw any politician that is keeping it that way OUT!!

Or we can just call the DMV the DMZ and ware a bullet proof vest to get you license picture taken. and turn a blind to it like always,
shame on as all for putting up with it, and paying taxes for it too
mcccmar45

AOL

#12 Sep 4, 2008
lets work together wrote:
We are all in the Same Fish Bowl,
If the city of Newburgh is dirty so is the Town of Newburgh and so is Orange County
I drive trough the city of Newburgh and see kids playing in rubble, the place looks like Berlin after World War II.
I am always amazed when I see that.
I think to my self this place is right on the Hudson River, and should be a Beautiful well kept area that every one in the county should be enjoying. What is keeping it like that??
A shortage of Brooms???
A shortage of Paint???
Hmmm don't think so,.
I am ashamed to say the closest town to me is Newburgh.
Is there any chance if you are on the Left of the right. Liberal or conservative, tall or short, you get my point, to stop arguing whit each other on whose fault it is. And join together and clean the place up,,, throw any politician that is keeping it that way OUT!!
Or we can just call the DMV the DMZ and ware a bullet proof vest to get you license picture taken. and turn a blind to it like always,
shame on as all for putting up with it, and paying taxes for it too
I agree with you - it DOES need to be cleaned up - however it wont be until the people who trashed it are forced to leave - eg the newburgh coalition- the politicians and the RESIDENTS who have destroyed the property
Corporate101

Ooltewah, TN

#13 Sep 8, 2008
Well said "lets work together". Please post this message every time someone starts arguing over there prejudice and childlike views.
Love at first visit

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Apr 21, 2009
I visited the City of Newburgh because I am looking to move out of NYC. I fell in love with "what can be". It is a beautiful town with marvelous buildings.
Please tell me I can buy property and live there. Tell me there is hope that that safety will be improved.
It is a great place! Will someone please save it!

Thanks.
boo

Gorham, ME

#15 Apr 24, 2009
Love at first visit wrote:
I visited the City of Newburgh because I am looking to move out of NYC. I fell in love with "what can be". It is a beautiful town with marvelous buildings.
Please tell me I can buy property and live there. Tell me there is hope that that safety will be improved.
It is a great place! Will someone please save it!
Thanks.
itwillbeyourbiggestmistake

“Tech Geek”

Since: Oct 08

Newburgh NY

#16 Apr 27, 2009
I moved to the Town of Newburgh in 2006 from NYC. My wife and I bought a condo over in Meadow Winds and we couldn't be happier...though the adjustment from living in NYC to up here took her a little longer. We have a 2 yr old and another one on the way and the only thing that would make me move from the area is the school system.....what say you....would you enroll your kids in the Newburgh School system? When it comes to JHS/HS, should I look to other more affluent school systems to move to?

“Tech Geek”

Since: Oct 08

Newburgh NY

#17 Apr 27, 2009
Oh, I forgot to say that my car was broken into right in front of my home last year. While it was my fault, since I left the doors unlocked, I was still pretty upset over the whole thing. Reported it to the cops but I knew that nothing would come from it.....now I set my car to autolock itself 1 minute after the key has been removed from the ignition and all the doors are locked. I guess it doesn't matter where you live...whether it's a run down city or the most affluent 'hood...robbery is ALWAYS possible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newburgh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Injunction sought to prohibit Kiryas Joel from ... Thu Open Borders For ... 13
News NYC to ban mohels if children they treated foun... Jun 20 Cynthia Mullon 11
News Children buried by snow plow, rescued several h... Jun 18 RobertEKirsch 4
News Orange County dairy farm comes to sad end (Aug '10) Jun 16 Wayne 4
News Police: Girls beat woman for fun in upstate New... (Jan '13) Jun 16 Realist 16
Review: Pleasure Island (Nov '09) Jun 16 Realist 15
News What's new in the business scene (Dec '11) Jun 1 AIPAC Mohels 6

Newburgh Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newburgh Mortgages