Review: Gilman Ciocia - Ken Copans CPA

Review: Gilman Ciocia - Ken Copans CPA

Posted in the Newburgh Forum

Alan Brockway

Bridgehampton, NY

#1 Sep 19, 2011
We used Ken for several years to file our NJ and Federal taxes. For 2009 taxes, Ken admitted he didn't follow protocol and filed our tax extension without an estimated tax calculated. This negated the extension. Then, Ken's office misplaced the return and filed the return 3 months late.

Despite proof that he didn't gather the basic info, lost the return, and filed late, Ken and his attorney felt they are not liable for any damages we incurred as a result. His strange mistakes cost my wife and I $7000 and he refuses to take any level of responsibility. I don't trust Ken and now I have to have my past years taxes re-analyzed to see if he messed those up as well.
ken copans

United States

#2 Dec 7, 2017
Alan Brockway wrote:
We used Ken for several years to file our NJ and Federal taxes. For 2009 taxes, Ken admitted he didn't follow protocol and filed our tax extension without an estimated tax calculated. This negated the extension. Then, Ken's office misplaced the return and filed the return 3 months late.

Despite proof that he didn't gather the basic info, lost the return, and filed late, Ken and his attorney felt they are not liable for any damages we incurred as a result. His strange mistakes cost my wife and I $7000 and he refuses to take any level of responsibility. I don't trust Ken and now I have to have my past years taxes re-analyzed to see if he messed those up as well.
IT IS ALWAYS INTERESTING WHEN A CLIENT REFUSES TO ACKNOWLEDGE THEIR OWN RESPONSIBILTY. NO PROTOCOL WAS AVOIDED AND THE CLIENT FAILED TO RESPOND ON A TIMELY BASIS TO ALL REQUESTS TO COMPLY.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newburgh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay, African-American rabbi wants to burst ster... Aug 8 Leonard 64
News Pete Seeger: Looking back on a legendary figure (Jan '14) Aug 3 Idc 12
News Beacon man faces charges after fleeing Newburgh... (Mar '09) Jul 28 Shadows moms pene... 2
News NYC to ban mohels if children they treated foun... (Apr '17) Jul '18 Realist 32
Newburgh in the 50s and 60s (Jan '10) Jun '18 Realist 22
News Most Recent Comment (Oct '14) Jun '18 kushner khazars oink 9
Mayor Kennedy is dead. Apr '18 Realist 1

Newburgh Jobs

Personal Finance

Newburgh Mortgages