It it too early for the 2008 campaign

It it too early for the 2008 campaign

Posted in the Newburgh Forum

Dux

“The Dux”

Since: Apr 07

Newburgh

#1 Apr 7, 2007
Use this forum to discuss the campaign issue. Please do not endorse a candidate. When should campaigning begin?

Between the announced and unannounced Democratic, Republican, and Independent candidates, there are currently almost 30 people seeking to be the next president. No matter who you are in favor of at this time, past experiences show that most people really do not make up their mind until a few months prior to the election. Enough voters are undecided until the last moment to make any race "too close to call."

But the need for campaign cash (this will be the most expensive race ever, with presidential election spending possibly double what it was in 2004) causes candidates to announce and start campaigning earlier than ever.

A few congressmen and senators are considering a bill that would prohibit formal campaigning and any fund raising more than six months prior to the first primary (not straw polls which start this summer). How do you feel about this?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newburgh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Does 'Are You Jewish?' Hasidic Outreach Build I... Oct 15 Tenenbaum 2
missing teen girls and boys Oct 10 coco4u 1
city college was not on diddy or heavy d Sep 26 coco4u 1
sears and roebuck houses in cournwall (Apr '06) Sep '17 Circle of Friends... 8
disturbing the priest (Aug '14) Sep '17 do not disturb th... 2
News Trio indicted in fatal Newburgh shooting Aug '17 Buginfested 1
News What's new in the business scene (Dec '11) Aug '17 Really 11

Newburgh Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance