Do you give a 2 week notice?

Do you give a 2 week notice?

Posted in the Newburgh Forum

Chyna

Evansville, IN

#1 Feb 5, 2013
If so when?

With me, I usually give it the day I want to quit after I got my most recent check and in the past the employer will ask if I want to leave sooner. My friend works as a bank teller and she gave hers on payday and they took back her check with the account she had with them! 
ham

Evansville, IN

#2 Feb 5, 2013
i didnt at my last job. 

i got annoyed and called my boss and said some things.. hung up on him and walked out. 

then i got him fired like 2 weeks later 
kitkaty

Hebron, KY

#3 Feb 5, 2013
That did you a lot of good. If you care about your future employment you give a two week notice. If you don't they can tell wherever you are trying to get hired on. It doesn't make you look good.
Sweetie

Evansville, IN

#4 Feb 5, 2013
I only have to give a week at my job, but I'm giving them over a month so they have time to find a replacement. I try not to burn bridges!
Ugh

Kent, OH

#5 Feb 5, 2013
Chyna wrote:
If so when?
With me, I usually give it the day I want to quit after I got my most recent check and in the past the employer will ask if I want to leave sooner. My friend works as a bank teller and she gave hers on payday and they took back her check with the account she had with them! 
That has to be false- it would highly illegal for them to take back any money they paid her or working. Also, it would be illegal for them to remove money from her account without prior authorization.

Always give as much notice as possible; but at least 2 weeks. It should say in the company handbook exactly how much time is needed.
Anon

Newburgh, IN

#6 Feb 5, 2013
Chyna wrote:
If so when?

Fu3k the two weeks notice if you aren't putting them on your next resume.
kitkaty

Hebron, KY

#7 Feb 5, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>Fu3k the two weeks notice if you aren't putting them on your next resume.
It does not sound like someone like you would be able to type out a proper resume.

“Hong Kong Phooey”

Since: Nov 12

So Far Out of this World

#8 Feb 5, 2013
kitkaty wrote:
<quoted text>
It does not sound like someone like you would be able to type out a proper resume.
Thought the same thing..hehehe..And giving at least a 2 wk notice is not asking for much..The way the job market is you want to be able to put as much experience down and less of any convictions..lol
popcorn

Belvidere, IL

#9 Feb 5, 2013
Legally a previous employer cannot condemn an ex employee if contacted for reference as in saying anything negative, they are however in a way able to depending on how the potential new employer interprets their answer to the question "would you hire this person to work for you again?" Basically, they are allowed to say yes and no, otherwise no matter the facts of what kind of person or worker u were , it's unethical and against policies etc. to "slander" during a reference call. Make sense?
popcorn

Belvidere, IL

#10 Feb 5, 2013
Oh that being said, two weeks notice doesn't necessarily negatively affect ur future jobs, of course it could bcs u never know who knows who, but don't expect to return to that place of employment if u have not given two weeks. Like for example, u leave the hospital, go back in 3-5 yrs wanting job again there r rules they won't hire you
kitkaty

Hebron, KY

#11 Feb 6, 2013
popcorn wrote:
Oh that being said, two weeks notice doesn't necessarily negatively affect ur future jobs, of course it could bcs u never know who knows who, but don't expect to return to that place of employment if u have not given two weeks. Like for example, u leave the hospital, go back in 3-5 yrs wanting job again there r rules they won't hire you
I take calls everyday and trust me, you can only say so much but you can get your point across. A two weeks notice is very important if you ever want to be a "professional"
TimesChange

Cincinnati, OH

#12 Feb 6, 2013
You didn't used to be able to say anything, those laws have changed recently I believe. Now you can give more info, although I do not know the limitations.
M E M E

Evansville, IN

#13 Feb 13, 2013
I don't leave jobs without giving proper notice. I just don't feel right burning any professional bridges because you just never know who you're going to run into later in life.
Rudepeople

Tucker, GA

#14 Feb 13, 2013
It's considered falsifying documents to not put your correct Employment history in order. Most companies have the rite to terminate your employment if you give false information on your résumé

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newburgh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Easy lay (Aug '15) Wed Doneit 15
Phillips 66 Wed OhYea 3
funny but not funny Wed he said she said 1
Huck's last night Wed zippedlipsandregrets 1
wendys in newburgh Tue ??? 1
Nerd driving a green Chevy Tracker Mar 20 DOYA 2
NW Chophouse (Aug '13) Mar 17 only the truth 65

Newburgh Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance