Holder slams "stand your ground"

Posted in the Newburgh Forum

One

Canton, OH

#1 Jul 16, 2013
Zimmerman declined the stand your ground defense. It was not part of the trial at any point. Zimmerman used an ordinary self defense argument. Yet Holder and much of the liberals act like this was some kind of loophole that allowed Zimmerman to walk......

Zimmerman Did not even seek a pre-trial hearing on stand your ground. That law had absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the case what so ever. It wasn't even discussed.

But it is now the latest poster child for what's wrong with the system. Given that there is not enough evidence to press charges as hate crime..there is not enough evidence that Zimmerman was racially motivated.

If you believe he is racist. Then you believe a minority, Hispanic, registered democrat is racist..which would be an unheard of admission by most liberals.
One

Canton, OH

#2 Jul 16, 2013
And have we really reached the point where the court of public opinion now supersedes the outcomes of actual trial evidence? To the point that if the facts of a case don't line up the way an obviously biased media presents them, then the law is broken??? Is that where we are now?

Why do we even hold trials then? Why don't we just ask Piers Morgan who's guilty, he's obviously the pillar of virtue and truth.

Democrats didn't get the outcome they wanted, so we need to change the law to make people guilty..is that really what you want? Screw innocent until proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt. Let just go by what twitter says.
blah

United States

#3 Jul 16, 2013
Seems like it opens up a Pandora's box where anybody can just shoot someone for any reason and say they felt threatened
Infernal Machine

Evansville, IN

#4 Jul 16, 2013
A Federal gun law banning a States right to "stand your ground" legislation would be unconstitutional according to the Second Amendment. Any attempts at passing such treacherous legislation will be met at the ballot box. Any Congressperson or Senator that entertains such an idea will be sent packing. I'm also certain the SCOTUS would strike down any such law that denies a State it's Constitutional right to form and regulate its own militia.
Patriot

Evansville, IN

#5 Jul 16, 2013
blah wrote:
Seems like it opens up a Pandora's box where anybody can just shoot someone for any reason and say they felt threatened
How about going to the source itself instead of relying on the liberal biased likes of MSNBC and CNN? I have even did the homework for you and am posting Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newburgh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tuesday ? 9 min Tuesday 32
Kyle Baker and Kyle Vincent 13 min ballerdaville 39
Pissed off 15 min Tuesday 17
prostitutes of evansville 27 min curious 31
sonic names (Mar '14) 21 hr yep 3
Strap-On Pegging 23 hr madmcmatt 2
Jordan Mckinney Nov 23 bich 4
Newburgh Dating
Find my Match

Newburgh People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Newburgh News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Newburgh

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:56 pm PST

NBC Sports11:56PM
Colts put in extra time to prepare for McCoy - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 3:59 AM
Washington Redskins vs. Indianapolis Colts: Breaking Down Washington's Game Plan
NFL 4:44 AM
Redskins players 'surprised' by RGIII's benching
Bleacher Report 7:19 AM
Breaking Down Colts' Game Plan
NBC Sports 8:12 AM
Colts make a change at cornerback