How do jobs find out what websites yo...

How do jobs find out what websites you're on

Posted in the Newburgh Forum

Sweet Cupcake

Evansville, IN

#1 Feb 16, 2013
You go under different usernames?

Or use a completely different email?

I just don't get how employers find folks. Do they use specific stalking methods?
LetMeTellYa

Evansville, IN

#2 Feb 16, 2013
It is a program called google. Google will give your employer everything they need hence Spokeo. People on my job have been fired from because of social media including this website.They think people are going to talk about clients accounts and such.Nobody has time for that.
Strange

Evansville, IN

#3 Feb 16, 2013
At first I thought this was about how employers find out about your social networks when applying for jobs, but since I'm here...

My 19 year old cousin told me that when he went for a job interview they told him to log into his different social network pages so they can review his material. Is this standard practice now?

Clearly I'm out of touch. I've been at my job for years now so I didn't know that this was the employers MO nowadays. I don't have a Facebook or Twitter so I wonder if they'd think I'd be lying if they were to ask me to login (which, privacy much?) and I tell them I don't have anything.???
wow

Tucker, GA

#5 Feb 16, 2013
That seems WAY off... I would think that would be a definite invasion of privacy! I would be thinking lawsuit if a potential employer insisted on viewing my Facebook or asking about my personal accounts! Maybe I'm just out of touch too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newburgh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amber miller dont be a punk 5 min You do not know 2
David Hobbs & Brittany Hobbs 7 min Haha 2
galina witte 8 min Dulled Reflexes 137
What’s up with Joey Fitzgerald 20 min Wowzer 8
Active Motorcycle Clubs in Evansville (Jan '13) 26 min Ryan 144
Yo PS 32 min Big L 5
Snitches 36 min Seth 6

Newburgh Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance