People bragging on facebook

Posted in the Newburgh Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rika

Evansville, IN

#1 Feb 2, 2013
Do you know Facebook users that constantly brag?

I'm not talking about the person who occasionally posts about something good in their life. I'm talking about the person who posts every little thing.

They post a life event if they buy a new car, get a new job, move, cook a new dish, take a shit, change their underwear, workout, lose weight, etc.
WhoDoesThat..

River Grove, IL

#2 Feb 2, 2013
Rika wrote:

I'm not talking about the person who occasionally posts about something good in their life. I'm talking about the person who posts every little thing.

They post a life event if they buy a new car, get a new job, move, cook a new dish, take a shit, change their underwear, workout, lose weight, etc.
Hey dumbass if you don't like what
They post on THEIR Facebook do everybody else and especially yourself a huge favor and just DELETE YOURSELF..
Rika

Evansville, IN

#3 Feb 2, 2013
[QUOTE who="WhoDoesThat.."] <quoted text>
Hey dumbass if you don't like what
They post on THEIR Facebook do everybody else and especially yourself a huge favor and just DELETE YOURSELF..[/QUOTE]

http://www.troll.me/images/willy-wonka-gene-w...
IKnowTheFeeling

Evansville, IN

#4 Feb 2, 2013
Yep.I remember quite a few people like this.I joined FB in 2009 and was on it for 2 months and deleted my account because of this type of silly shit.One girl would post brags about her job and who she was "blessed" to work at home and how many vacay days she had for the holiday and how GOD blessed her for this and that or the other...My thing is, if you really blessed you don't have to brag about being blessed!#shutdafucup
Sexi Mexi

Evansville, IN

#5 Feb 2, 2013
I don't like talking about my personal life on FB but I do get drunk and post the most obscure, random and poetic thoughts about life in general. haha. I don't think that's just as bad.. is it?

But I refuse to post about a new job, interview, vacation.. etc. it comes off bragging. A dude texted me the other day just to tell me he's going to Vegas Sunday... i was like "um, okay." Like I'm supposed to be impressed.
Miss DIY

Evansville, IN

#6 Feb 2, 2013
I'm so over facebook and have been facebook free for almost a year now. Don't miss it at all! I know a handful of people like that mostly always women and it's always along the lines of:

"I have the best man ever woke up today to a dozen roses"

"Ahh isn't my man just the cutest can't wait to get married to him"

"So lucky to have a man pay me a nice vacay"

"My man and I are moving in together after 3 months of knowing each other god I love him SOOO much!"

"Having Sunday dinner with my man and his family they love me so much and I love them too!"

This is just one of them and if that's not worse they bought a puppy which gets blasted in everyone else's face. This is also by the same person who complains endlessly about not having many girlfriends or seeing them often meanwhile never turns up to any event when she's invited and will come up with a shit ton excuses last minute that has to do with "my man is sick or our puppy needs to sleep tonight" Despite me leaving I can't get a break cause my friends keeps screen capping photos of her page and sending it to me so that I don't "miss out" on the laughs.
chantel

Jeffersonville, IN

#7 Feb 2, 2013
I love being a narcissist on FB. I talk about myself all the time and post a different profile pic each week. Usually of myself looking in my rearview mirror. Dont hate me because I am so pretty.
Jolie Cherry

Evansville, IN

#8 Feb 2, 2013
I don't post on facebook unless it is about football. I never brag about life events. I often hide changes to my page or don't update it at all. I am a very private person so I pick and choose what I want people to know.

I dislike when people brag on there, but most of my friends are broke college students so I haven't encountered it too much.

In my opinion people who never had shit are the ones who feel the need to brag the most.
Insensitive

Evansville, IN

#9 Feb 2, 2013
I had a friend who would post things about her pineapple headed child. She would post,

"Poppy took a poo by herself today", " look at Poppy's poo", "Look at Poppy washing her hands after taking a poo"! " Poppy is happy now she taken a poo", "Poppy is tired after her poo"

I actually grew to dislike Poppy and her shitting antics, so I deleted that friend of FB.
I have been facebook-free for nearly 2 years now and I don't miss it at all.
OnMyMind

Evansville, IN

#10 Feb 2, 2013
Miss DIY wrote:
I'm so over facebook and have been facebook free for almost a year now. Don't miss it at all! I know a handful of people like that mostly always women and it's always along the lines of:
"My man and I are moving in together after 3 months of knowing each other god I love him SOOO much!"
"Having Sunday dinner with my man and his family they love me so much and I love them too!"
This is just one of them and if that's not worse they bought a puppy which gets blasted in everyone else's face. This is also by the same person who complains endlessly about not having many girlfriends or seeing them often meanwhile never turns up to any event when she's invited and will come up with a shit ton excuses last minute that has to do with "my man is sick or our puppy needs to sleep tonight" Despite me leaving I can't get a break cause my friends keeps screen capping photos of her page and sending it to me so that I don't "miss out" on the laughs.
Girl yes! They have this narcissitic disorder. They are like "look at me, look at me!" Look what I have and you don't. Like who cares? They need to be careful. People posting about these trips and vacations they are going on, all the while, somebody breaks into their home.

I remember my boyfriend came to my job, took me to lunch and bought me diamond earrings. I didn't go on FB to brag about it, but had it been one of my friends:

"OMG! I just LOVE my boyfriend, he surprised me at work, took me to lunch and bought me diamond earrings! I love him<3". Bitches make me sick.
tru

Woodstock, IL

#12 Feb 2, 2013
God you bitches brag about not bragging a lot.
My2Cents

Evansville, IN

#13 Feb 2, 2013
Yep, and I get tired of them. Somebody on my page gave birth and a picture was up about 30 minutes later. I'm like damn bitch bond with the baby before you start posting pics on FB!
proud momma

Florence, KY

#14 Feb 2, 2013
I don't post statuses all the time nd wen I do its of my son ima new mommy nd very proud of him I dnt brag at all just proud of him nd I post some things bout my relationship but only once in a blue moon nd ya I posted wen he was in the hospital nd yes I put pics of my lil one on Facebook cause like I said he's my only kid nd I'm proud of him yes some do only wanna brag bout there life nd post every 2 seconds nd that annoys the hell out of me but not everyone brags on there
Mmhmm

Tucker, GA

#15 Feb 2, 2013
Miss DIY wrote:
"My man and I are moving in together after 3
months of knowing each other god I love him
SOOO much!"
"Having Sunday dinner with my man and his
family they love me so much and I love them
too!"
This is just one of them and if that's not worse
they bought a puppy which gets blasted in
everyone else's face. This is also by the same
person who complains endlessly about not
having many girlfriends or seeing them often
meanwhile never turns up to any event when
she's invited and will come up with a shit ton
excuses last minute that has to do with "my man
is sick or our puppy needs to sleep tonight"
Despite me leaving I can't get a break cause my
friends keeps screen capping photos of her page
and sending it to me so that I don't "miss out" on
the laughs.
Single and salty....lol like the first person said delete yourself AnD this insecurities...
Ziplock bag

Evansville, IN

#16 Feb 2, 2013
I stopped using facebook almost a year ago bc my timeline looked like this

"Bout to eat"

"On my way to the money (work)"

"BRB I gotta pee"

"About to get up"

"Turning my phone on silent for the rest of the day...dont ask"
Ugh

Kent, OH

#17 Feb 2, 2013
tru wrote:
God you bitches brag about not bragging a lot.
I literally LOL'd.:)
Wow

Ft Mitchell, KY

#18 Feb 2, 2013
Y'all are bitter.
Quena

Evansville, IN

#19 Feb 2, 2013
OnMyMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Girl yes! They have this narcissitic disorder. They are like "look at me, look at me!" Look what I have and you don't. Like who cares? They need to be careful. People posting about these trips and vacations they are going on, all the while, somebody breaks into their home.
I remember my boyfriend came to my job, took me to lunch and bought me diamond earrings. I didn't go on FB to brag about it, but had it been one of my friends:
"OMG! I just LOVE my boyfriend, he surprised me at work, took me to lunch and bought me diamond earrings! I love him<3". Bitches make me sick.
That's what happened to one of the people I know on FB. She got married year before last and was posting almost every hour about her wedding, the moments leading up to the wedding, after the wedding, on her way to the reception, and when they were leaving for their honeymoon, where they were on their honeymoon, what they were doing on their honeymoon and when they were on their way back.

While she was doing that, someone robbed their home. Notice I didn't say broke in. They think one of her stepsons' friends did it. Her constant postings gave the robbers a perfect timeline of when and how long to take to rob this dumb chick blind.

They stole most of their wedding gifts, money, credit cards, her sister's credit card information, and some other things.

Some people were telling her that maybe she shouldn't be so open on FB because she posts about EVERYTHING in her life in a "Look at me! Look what I have!" kind of way.
witness

Cadiz, KY

#20 Feb 2, 2013
Rika wrote:

Since when is cooking dinner and changing their underwear considered bragging? Sounds to me like you're not so undercover jealous of them.
If I got a new job, I would post that. If I bought a new car,!i would post that. If I worked hard and lost weight, I would post that also. Thats why FB is suppose to be for. Not so "friends" can stalk your page and then run to an anon bully site and bash them.
volare yo yo yo

Evansville, IN

#21 Feb 2, 2013
Miss DIY wrote:
You forgot the one where she brags about taking a BBC up her poop shoot while her husband is a work. "Hope he doesn't find out!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newburgh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Peepholebar sat night 8/19 2am you kept looking 2 min Rxt 4
Irrelevant 5 min Stillhurts 6
single men 13 min The Warden 146
Aaron k 4 hr Big stick 7
To Jared Miller 7 hr Ron 2
Need hot woman friend Sun Bear 6
Tabatha thomas Aug 18 Caroline 6

Newburgh Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance