Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Yeah finally some county office with some guts. Drug testing for people applying for help with bills, food, etc. Go Posey County!!
MmMm

Jeffersonville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

What's funny is in 3 weeks 30% of the ppl applying already failed the test. Lol looks like posey county will be saving money now
MmMm

Jeffersonville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

And when those ppl, who failed, were told they could reapply if they entered in a substance abuse program turned it down. Smh
Amy

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

I am against it. It A: uses taxpayers money and we all know it could be going to education, keeping streets clean/ in repair, etc., B: moralizes/ decides for others what is right and wrong (not ALL drug users are bad people), C: doesn't mention anything about alcohol, tobacco, and caffine, which are also drugs and can do much more damage, D: WHAT ABOUT THEIR KIDS?, and E: has already been proven Unconstitutional- goes against 4th Amendment.
MmMm

Jeffersonville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Amy wrote:
I am against it. It A: uses taxpayers money and we all know it could be going to education, keeping streets clean/ in repair, etc., B: moralizes/ decides for others what is right and wrong (not ALL drug users are bad people), C: doesn't mention anything about alcohol, tobacco, and caffine, which are also drugs and can do much more damage, D: WHAT ABOUT THEIR KIDS?, and E: has already been proven Unconstitutional- goes against 4th Amendment.
It might be a little unconstitutional but as a tax payer would you rather keep giving your taxes to support people on welfare that use the assistance to get drugs and whatever else the money shouldn't be used on or have your tax dollars go towards a 60-90 dollar drug test that stops people from abusing the welfare system? Either way tax payers have to pay taxes which will somehow go towards welfare recipients, it's a matter of if you want your taxes to go to people who really need the help or to people who are going to abuse the system. I choose the 60-90 dollar drug test.
Lol

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

What people are failing to see here is that the article states that they will NOT share the results with other agencies. Meaning they will not contacts CPS even when they know their are children in the home. Now these kids will go with out lights or water due to their parents not being able to get assistance. To top it off, they will still be living with drug addicts! I'm not for it or against it, but if they are going to do it the. They need to look further into it. Someone has to be the voice for our children. It's also not all of Posey County, it's only those that need help from the Black township trustee.
drugtests

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Drug tests do not cost that much. If they costed nearly a 100 bucks, a small employer would go broke. It think it's more around 30 bucks. If I have to pass a drug test to work, why not for those asking for tax payers money? It is the PARENT'S fault if the children go without. STOP having kids if you can't afford them. DUH The government is not here to catch you every time you fall. What if there was no welfare, trustees, or charities??
dntbelievedahype

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Yes they also need to drug test cops fire fighters and judges!! Most of whom abuse pills smoke pot and other!!
be real!!!

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Amy wrote:
I love how pot heads defend drug use.
for it

Quincy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

I understand it takes from the kids, but it is the parents fault. They get assistance and they can get high. I think it should be done nationwide!!! Also, they should contact child services so someone can protect their children. For those against it, you are probably one who is abusing drugs, and the system. Think about your comment, the kids are going without water, food, etc. Because the parents are smoking up the money. Why the hell should the working class keep paying to assist drug user`s?
be real!!!

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

The point is if you can afford drugs you can afford food and electricity.
american

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

love the idea. they are on drugs and whine that they cant pay their bills. it seems one goes hand in hand with the other. sure you may have a job, but its obviously not a job that will support you. if they stop paying for pills, pot, meth, etc. maybe they could pay their own way.. this, i hope, is just the first step to a complete overhaul of our welfare system. as for "what about the kids".. cry me a damn river. why should the rest of us be on the hook for a parent that doesnt make rational decisions. i think its time to clean these "aid" leeches up
4th

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Amy wrote:
How does the 4th Amendment apply to this. The 4th is unreasonable search and seizures. This is a volunteer program. If you want money then you must follow the guidelines and process. I'm sure they make you fill out an application. Is this against the Bill of Rights??? It's a volunteer program so they are not illegally searching or seizing the person or property. I think they should do this with all government programs. It would save us all a lot of money.
4th

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

dntbelievedahype wrote:
Yes they also need to drug test cops fire fighters and judges!! Most of whom abuse pills smoke pot and other!!
Cops and firefighters are tested. "Most of whom"??? Do you have any proof of this or you just running your mouth like most people who have NO facts to back their bs?
be real!!!

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

dntbelievedahype wrote:
Prove it, show me facts to support what you claim.
crazy

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Amy wrote:
Caffiene, tobacco, and alcohol are legal. Meth, marijuana, cocaine, and prescriptions(not yours) are not. If you don't want the aid, you can simply walk away. As I read it, they are not sharing the info with other agencies.
What I think is unconstitutional is the state is collecting DNA samples from every man on parole, but not the women. huh?
witness

Princeton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Amy wrote:
Seriously? How is it against the 4th amendment? Search and seizure. If you don't want to get drug tested than get a job and pay your own bills. If these people didn't fail drug tests, they would have money for their power bill. And if they didn't, they could get assistance. Plain and simple if you want the govt to pay for everything for you ... Don't do drugs.
NeverGonnaGetIt

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

I truly believe its wrong being theirs a lot going on with the cannabis issues around the world
..plus just because everything else is legal (tobacco, alcohol, and just get your doctor to get the pills) whose to say their not the ones wasting the money .....Plus its sad the shelters are testing them people sending them on the street cold .... this town is actually condoning NEW WORLD ORDER...Why don't you people get the FLORIDE out the water first...just sad ..just sad
NeverGonnaGetIt

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

witness wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? How is it against the 4th amendment? Search and seizure. If you don't want to get drug tested than get a job and pay your own bills. If these people didn't fail drug tests, they would have money for their power bill. And if they didn't, they could get assistance. Plain and simple if you want the govt to pay for everything for you ... Don't do drugs.
and you obviously don't understand why we need help on are electric bills they run as high as a house payment get on with that the government don't give much anyways ...not only that why don't you go bug Vectren as to why we are getting taxed the highest ...you may be educated and middle class or higher ..but you people still slow
witness

Princeton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

NeverGonnaGetIt wrote:
<quoted text>and you obviously don't understand why we need help on are electric bills they run as high as a house payment get on with that the government don't give much anyways ...not only that why don't you go bug Vectren as to why we are getting taxed the highest ...you may be educated and middle class or higher ..but you people still slow
I pay my bills. I actually have credits on all of my monthly bills. You your not on drugs than you won't have any problem getting assistance. Whats your issue? Did you get turned away because you failed a test?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Newburgh Discussions

Search the Newburgh Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Sam deshields (Jul '13) 11 hr BlackWidow 7
Sheri Horn meth head 18 hr Anonymous 1
Alcoa hoes? 18 hr smiley1978 2
vet Mon Luther the fiend 5
Newburgh apartments Mon Anonymous 1
larry paul tan Jul 25 tanner 1
why do all the black chics worry about what the... Jul 24 patsy 1
•••
•••