Topix- make people use their real, fu...
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Stand up

Evansville, IN

#124 Feb 4, 2013
worsethanbars wrote:
<quoted text>
There are way worse things being said on here than someone seen someone else at the bar. The posts that say people have AIDS and herpes, are gay, are druggies, etc. Those posts are the ones the people should be going to the courthouse over. I understand what they said as far as filing a claim if it's untrue. The problem is they have to prove it's untrue. Then they have to get topix to provide the IP address and hope you get the right person. The EPD got the right IP address, but wrong house, so it's not that simple. I feel bad for some of these people that are being lied on, but some are not being lied on. Such as telling people who sex offenders are as long as they are on the registry. Maybe some people should think about what they do before they do it. If you sell drugs, use drugs, are promiscuous, have herpes, becareful who you tell or it will end up on here. Some people need to grow thicker skin. I have been called fat all my life, but ain't no way I would let someone make me feel so bad about myself that I would take my own life. NEVER
I know there are worse things that could be said, that was my point. Luckily my topic was not that bad. But after learning of this site and reading these other topix it made me disgusted. I can't fathom how people can be so cruel. Topic, true or not, should not be displayed for everyone. If it's a factual topic, like the news, that people want to debate on, then this site would be fine. It's all the other hateful things these people are saying about one another.
Real names

Tucker, GA

#125 Feb 4, 2013
worsethanbars wrote:
<quoted text>
There are way worse things being said on here than someone seen someone else at the bar. The posts that say people have AIDS and herpes, are gay, are druggies, etc. Those posts are the ones the people should be going to the courthouse over. I understand what they said as far as filing a claim if it's untrue. The problem is they have to prove it's untrue. Then they have to get topix to provide the IP address and hope you get the right person. The EPD got the right IP address, but wrong house, so it's not that simple. I feel bad for some of these people that are being lied on, but some are not being lied on. Such as telling people who sex offenders are as long as they are on the registry. Maybe some people should think about what they do before they do it. If you sell drugs, use drugs, are promiscuous, have herpes, becareful who you tell or it will end up on here. Some people need to grow thicker skin. I have been called fat all my life, but ain't no way I would let someone make me feel so bad about myself that I would take my own life. NEVER
If u know someone that sells or uses drugs, turn it into the cops... if you want to know about a business, we have the better business bureau ...if u know someone with herpes, take them to a doctor....if u have a problem with someone, tell them to their face....MY POINT- WE DON'T NEED A WEBSITE LIKE THIS TO SOLVE ANY PROBLEMS. THERE ARE ALREADY ORGANIZATIONS OUT THERE FOR THIS. This site was made so that people could hide behind a fake identity and start problems, not fix/ help anything or anyone.
Stand up

Evansville, IN

#126 Feb 4, 2013
I have contacted the Evansville Courier and Press about this site and the dangers of it. I will also be contacting news stations. I am surprised no one has complained more in the past as awful as some of these posts are. It's time for this to come to a stop. This gossip and lie site is not news. Which that is what this what intended for. I want to make parents aware of it also before a child is hurt and takes a gun to my childs school cause someone said so and so said that so and so did whatever. I'm tired of seeing the crap on here. And I'm tired of the ones defending it just because they can't find a better way to hurt someone than to blast them on a public forum!
donk

Tucker, GA

#127 Feb 4, 2013
All you do is report the post. Where it says report post! ;-)
Stand up

Evansville, IN

#128 Feb 4, 2013
donk wrote:
All you do is report the post. Where it says report post! ;-)
Thank you, but there is not much to report except my name is on here. It did not really degrade me except the fact that just cause I am seen some where, a bar, that it is no ones business. But after seeing this site I have become very angry at all the negativity on here. I have since contacted Evansville Courier and 14Wfie. I will continue contacting stations until people, especially parents, are made aware of this site. These kids, and adults, are really being hurtful. We should all be scared for our children. It's stuff like this that causes a kid to harm themselves or others. We as parents should stand up for stopping this bullying. So I am going to do my best. Not sure how far it will go, but at least I can say I tried.
ThumbsUP

Tucker, GA

#129 Feb 4, 2013
Kudos to you stand up. We need more people like you :)
Stand up

United States

#130 Feb 4, 2013
For anyone wanting ideas what to do about this site: It's going to take you and the countless others who are concerned about this site contacting congressional leaders to get the "Communications Decency Act" changed to hold websites accountable for their users' comments.
Real names

Tucker, GA

#131 Feb 4, 2013
Stand up wrote:
For anyone wanting ideas what to do about this site: It's going to take you and the countless others who are concerned about this site contacting congressional leaders to get the "Communications Decency Act" changed to hold websites accountable for their users' comments.
Thank you so much!
Stand up

Evansville, IN

#132 Feb 4, 2013
Real names wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you so much!
Heres where I started
https://bucshon.house.gov/htbin/formproc_za/z...

Let him know we want website owners held accountable for their users' comments!

Contact as many as you can, but that's a start.
Real names

Tucker, GA

#135 Feb 4, 2013
Hold ppl accountable!
Tara

Akron, OH

#136 Feb 4, 2013
Bucshon has more important things to worry about than Stand Up. get a clue.
It's simple, get your a_ss off of Topix, behave and take care of your kids
Real names

Tucker, GA

#137 Feb 4, 2013
Tara wrote:
If u don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all..... Thanks tho.
Stand up

United States

#138 Feb 4, 2013
Tara wrote:
Um yeah, for one I work full time and have two wonderful children! Both very well taken care of and the oldest is in advanced and honors classes with straight A's! My child did not end up that way from not taking care of my kids. My kids is one of the biggest reasons I'm arguing this matter. Kids are bullying each other enough in schools and elsewhere but we are allowing it on a public site. You must be one doozy of a winner to make such unknown statements about someone you don't even know. You must be another one that likes to bully and post trash on here!
Tia

Akron, OH

#139 Feb 4, 2013
Stand up wrote:
<quoted text>
Um yeah, for one I work full time and have two wonderful children! Both very well taken care of and the oldest is in advanced and honors classes with straight A's! My child did not end up that way from not taking care of my kids. My kids is one of the biggest reasons I'm arguing this matter. Kids are bullying each other enough in schools and elsewhere but we are allowing it on a public site. You must be one doozy of a winner to make such unknown statements about someone you don't even know. You must be another one that likes to bully and post trash on here!
Stand up, you are a bonafide IDIOT. Go do something productive with yourself. If you have been talked about on topix, ther is a reason. Enough said. Go back to your white trash or ghetto life.
Stand up

Evansville, IN

#140 Feb 5, 2013
Tia wrote:
<quoted text>
Stand up, you are a bonafide IDIOT. Go do something productive with yourself. If you have been talked about on topix, ther is a reason. Enough said. Go back to your white trash or ghetto life.
Tia, I am far from white trash nor am I ghetto. When you are going to call someone an idiot, you might want to make sure what your saying is correct. Just like "ther" is not a reason I am on here. I was only mentioned in a topic because I had not been out for a long time and my name was mentioned having being seen. Pretty sure that will not make me trash or ghetto. As far as being productive, I have a very productive life. Matter of fact, I wish it was less productive so I could slow down. Some day when you grow up maybe you will have a life also, and not need such a awful site to make you feel better about your sad life. You people are turning me into you all. I'm judging people, and making assumptions about someone's life that I know nothing of. See how this site works. Good luck to you drama seekers!
Real names

Tucker, GA

#141 Feb 5, 2013
Tia wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?? Why are you calling someone names that you don't know? If you can express your opinion, so can we.
felicastay boss tip real

Evansville, IN

#142 Feb 6, 2013
personally they should delete topix because its another bulling site and people kill themselves and others because of this ishhh and that is not good all because of bulling people shouldnt bully at all its not a good thing and it hurts peoples feelings period...............
Real names

Tucker, GA

#143 Feb 6, 2013
felicastay boss tip real wrote:
personally they should delete topix because its another bulling site and people kill themselves and others because of this ishhh and that is not good all because of bulling people shouldnt bully at all its not a good thing and it hurts peoples feelings period..........
Thank u!
Rennae

Princeton, WV

#144 Mar 10, 2013
Real names wrote:
I think topix needs to make people use their real name on here. I feel like this would eliminate a lot of issues and terrible things that are said by spineless people who try to ruin others lives. Please make this happen for every post!!!
How do you get it to show United States as your address instead of your town?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newburgh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Papillomavirus -Such as (HPV) Cervical Cancer 2 min Lol 18
galina witte 4 min Misss Sarah 187
Is true love teal 5 min Lol 17
craxy girl 7 min CHANDLER BRO 9
News OWI charge dropped in Warrick County car-sled f... Jan 19 Fact 2
Hot MILF Jan 19 easy 3
Worst McDonald's in southern Indiana Jan 17 Maybe 12

Newburgh Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance