Topix- make people use their real, full legal name to make a post

Posted in the Newburgh Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Real names

Duluth, GA

#1 Feb 3, 2013
I think topix needs to make people use their real name on here. I feel like this would eliminate a lot of issues and terrible things that are said by spineless people who try to ruin others lives. Please make this happen for every post!!!

“Hong Kong Phooey”

Since: Nov 12

So Far Out of this World

#3 Feb 3, 2013
I agree..Thats why we both did NOT post under our real one..?????
Real names

Duluth, GA

#4 Feb 3, 2013
Come on topix!!! If they can post a real persons name to trash it, make them identify themselves!!
Real names

Duluth, GA

#5 Feb 3, 2013
ItDoesGetBetter wrote:
I agree..Thats why we both did NOT post under our real one..?????
I want it across the board with everyone.... Why should I when no one else is forced to? I am not opening up my name to be slandered when others can still hide!

“Hong Kong Phooey”

So Far Out of this World

#6 Feb 3, 2013
I agree..But then no one would be here..They makin big money on the ads and such..No way its gonna happen..Harassment and backstabbing make mo money than hugs and kisses
donk

Duluth, GA

#7 Feb 3, 2013
Real names wrote:
I think topix needs to make people use their real name on here. I feel like this would eliminate a lot of issues and terrible things that are said by spineless people who try to ruin others lives. Please make this happen for every post!!!
Someone must've talked about you?
earl

Evansville, IN

#8 Feb 3, 2013
Real names wrote:
Where is yours????????
seemore butts

Evansville, IN

#9 Feb 3, 2013
Alrighry then!!!
Real names

Duluth, GA

#10 Feb 3, 2013
ItDoesGetBetter wrote:
I agree..But then no one would be here..They makin big money on the ads and such..No way its gonna happen..Harassment and backstabbing make mo money than hugs and kisses
I understand how money is made... But this is cyber bullying. Some people might not be strong enough to take the venomous comments made about them nor should they have their names slandered on a site by some " unknowns". I would love to know who is putting my name and others on this site. Even the odds. If they are so big and tough, they should have to face the consequences of their actions.

“Hong Kong Phooey”

So Far Out of this World

#11 Feb 3, 2013
I get what your trying to do..For real..Bullying in any form is not right..I just do my part by not being a part of it..I also see no harm in the bantering back and forth..It gets hilarious..Just not peoples names in it

“Hong Kong Phooey”

So Far Out of this World

#12 Feb 3, 2013
seemore butts wrote:
Alrighry then!!!
Alrighty it is..hahaha
Real names

Duluth, GA

#13 Feb 3, 2013
ItDoesGetBetter wrote:
I get what your trying to do..For real..Bullying in any form is not right..I just do my part by not being a part of it..I also see no harm in the bantering back and forth..It gets hilarious..Just not peoples names in it
I would have no issue if no names were mentioned....thanks for agreeing and not being part of it, but it still needs to stop from everyone else.
donk

Duluth, GA

#14 Feb 3, 2013
Real names wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand how money is made... But this is cyber bullying. Some people might not be strong enough to take the venomous comments made about them nor should they have their names slandered on a site by some " unknowns". I would love to know who is putting my name and others on this site. Even the odds. If they are so big and tough, they should have to face the consequences of their actions.
Well I think it depends. If it is true information that can be found publicly putting it on here is not wrong. If it's hear say then yeah it's wrong.

“Hong Kong Phooey”

So Far Out of this World

#15 Feb 3, 2013
donk wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I think it depends. If it is true information that can be found publicly putting it on here is not wrong. If it's hear say then yeah it's wrong.
That was better said..And thats exactly what I should have said..But still no excuses for just down right bein vicious character slayers..That I dont agree with
donk

Duluth, GA

#16 Feb 3, 2013
Well if it can help someone it's being put to good use and after all that's why they make it public correct so the public can know?
Stand up

United States

#17 Feb 3, 2013
I believe that probably 75% of comments on here are untrue. Not public information, just people unhappy with their own lives and try to make someone else look bad. It's a very sad site. I like how 14wfie news went to the comments with your Facebook name and picture posted with your comment. It has eliminated a lot of people making stupid comments. This site should do the same. And before someone says something, yes, I did recently find a topic with my name in it. And yes, the comment was untrue. I'm guessing a female I made mad in the past that has not moved on with their life as I have. I'm in a happy relationship, full time job and have children. This site is mainly lies. Someone is going to end up getting hurt cause of the lies on here.
Evillegr8st

Duluth, GA

#18 Feb 3, 2013
That is the problem with society today. No one is held accountable for their actions anymore. Websites like this promote bad behavior instead of being proactive about bullying. And people wonder why suicide and homicide rates are at an all time high? But then again, why would u need to be honest about your name on topix if you be President without proving you were born in the states?
Real names

Duluth, GA

#19 Feb 3, 2013
ItDoesGetBetter wrote:
<quoted text>That was better said..And thats exactly what I should have said..But still no excuses for just down right bein vicious character slayers..That I dont agree with
My point exactly! THANK YOU!
Real names

Duluth, GA

#20 Feb 3, 2013
Stand up wrote:
I believe that probably 75% of comments on here are untrue. Not public information, just people unhappy with their own lives and try to make someone else look bad. It's a very sad site. I like how 14wfie news went to the comments with your Facebook name and picture posted with your comment. It has eliminated a lot of people making stupid comments. This site should do the same. And before someone says something, yes, I did recently find a topic with my name in it. And yes, the comment was untrue. I'm guessing a female I made mad in the past that has not moved on with their life as I have. I'm in a happy relationship, full time job and have children. This site is mainly lies. Someone is going to end up getting hurt cause of the lies on here.
PERFECTLY SAID!!!! Lets try to shut this down!!! Thank you for your comment!
donk

Duluth, GA

#21 Feb 3, 2013
Evillegr8st wrote:
That is the problem with society today. No one is held accountable for their actions anymore. Websites like this promote bad behavior instead of being proactive about bullying. And people wonder why suicide and homicide rates are at an all time high? But then again, why would u need to be honest about your name on topix if you be President without proving you were born in the states?
Great now they're coming to get you too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newburgh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dating site POF men to look out for 11 min Wanna bet 7
Caitlyn Skye wartooth 13 min Got 1
McFool one less loser in evanville! 31 min bythenumbers 71
kelly and rick hinton (Aug '14) 1 hr say what 6
Daunte "crook" Garner 1 hr melissa 1
noone wanted you to know 1 hr say what 4
EPD: Man driving lawnmower in traffic with daug... 1 hr honest 2
More from around the web

Newburgh People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE