i am a woman on the edge

Posted in the Newburgh Forum

teetering

Newburgh, IN

#1 Jan 6, 2013
Think I am on the edge of a nervous breakdown.

I'm tired of taking care of everyone all the time. Of being the responsible person. Of cleaning up others' messes. Of taking care of others' feelings. Of being a taxi. Of working. Of sobriety. Of being broke all the time. Of never having enough time. Of never having privacy or time to myself. Of dog crap. Of people crap. Of life. Of bills. Of men. Of organization. Of cleaning. I'm sooo tired.

When can I be the one to throw up my hands and say screw it? Let someone else take care of responsibilities for awhile?

Oh yeah, I don't get to do that. I forge ahead in quiet desperation.
Joeblow

United States

#2 Jan 6, 2013
Jeez
Problem Solver

Taylorsville, KY

#3 Jan 6, 2013
Do meth. All those problems go away.

Since: Dec 12

Evansville, IN

#4 Jan 6, 2013
It's ok to break down from time to time. I feel the same way you do. Just ready to give up. But I can't. I force myself to move on daily. You can't give up tho.
Kygirl

United States

#5 Jan 6, 2013
You need girls weekend away!
SezHoo

Evansville, IN

#6 Jan 6, 2013
Just keep doing the next right thing. I understand that you're exhausted, but don't lose your sobriety; it is a gift, not a burden. Let the rest of it go for a minute if you need to, but hang on to that. Remember: "And the Wisdom to know the difference. Just for today".
Smiles

Chicago, IL

#7 Jan 6, 2013
Give it to God, pray on it, join a church to meet people who are sober, and willing to help.
hey there

United States

#8 Jan 6, 2013
Step back from the edge myfriend, cut ties from all the lies that you been living innn!!! Hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm okayy I don't know the lyrics shit! That would have been good though.
haha

United States

#9 Jan 6, 2013
teetering wrote:
Think I am on the edge of a nervous breakdown.

I'm tired of taking care of everyone all the time. Of being the responsible person. Of cleaning up others' messes. Of taking care of others' feelings. Of being a taxi. Of working. Of sobriety. Of being broke all the time. Of never having enough time. Of never having privacy or time to myself. Of dog crap. Of people crap. Of life. Of bills. Of men. Of organization. Of cleaning. I'm sooo tired.

When can I be the one to throw up my hands and say screw it? Let someone else take care of responsibilities for awhile?

Oh yeah, I don't get to do that. I forge ahead in quiet desperation.
Pathetic
wondering

Haubstadt, IN

#10 Jan 6, 2013
you sound like my ex-girlfriend. considering she left me, chose to work but didnt have to, with a sober man (lacks that at her current local), i was willing to watch "their" kids while she got some alone time to do the "girls night out" thing, and the dumb broad decided to go back and put herself right back into the same mess again. if this IS you, i feel no pain for you or your situation.. if it is someone that is just in a similar situation, may you find your way to get what you need, down time is important.
William

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Jan 7, 2013
Stay strong! Keep your head up! Life is what you make it.
brando24

United States

#12 Jan 7, 2013
I can picture someone saying this too. Lol.
ummm

Duluth, GA

#13 Jan 7, 2013
You should let loose some frustration and f*ck every dude you see... Unprotected of course!
William

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Jan 7, 2013
Focus on what matters the most! You always been a wonderful woman so don't stop wht your doing. People gotta love you and enjoy you for all the things you do. But don't be on the edge!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newburgh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shawn Brock 12 min El Donut 15
was a boonville cop... why did he stop? 18 min fedup 5
Name people who sell drugs 20 min Jennifer cortez 17
tiffani aka smidge (Jun '14) 39 min The Joker 14
Alcoa hoes? Thu Alex M 5
chelsea koutz Dec 24 HoosierNation 2
high school sports moms Dec 22 MarriedMan 4
Newburgh Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web