Four People Struck by Out of Control ...

Four People Struck by Out of Control Car at Parade

There are 40 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from May 2, 2010, titled Four People Struck by Out of Control Car at Parade. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

Four people were hurt after being struck by an out of control car at a parade Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Oopsie Daisy

AOL

#21 May 3, 2010
I understand that Dennis the Menace was in the crowd. It would have been poetic justice if he was run over by one of the clueless geezers that keep voting for him.
JCU Dave

Northfield, OH

#22 May 3, 2010
cleveland chris 50 wrote:
<quoted text>
A forklift ? A kid can drive one of those
Checkout Forklift accidents on youtube, pretty funny how stupid some of those people are. 1970s Buicks were made to kill anything that has a heartbeat, they're all lucky to be alive.
Pete

United States

#23 May 3, 2010
I don't want to be a bad person, but the English teachers at Rhodes High School have to do a better job of teaching their subject. The language skills of the students being interviewed was deplorable. Double negatives. Improper verb usage. "We seen" instead of we saw. How are these children going to compete with students of the world. Very sad indeed.
Marble Mouth

AOL

#24 May 3, 2010
Pete wrote:
I don't want to be a bad person, but the English teachers at Rhodes High School have to do a better job of teaching their subject. The language skills of the students being interviewed was deplorable. Double negatives. Improper verb usage. "We seen" instead of we saw. How are these children going to compete with students of the world. Very sad indeed.
Pete, I agree. That "seen" instead of "saw" thing really gets on my nerves too. It's almost as bad as the "ax you a question" or the "INN-surance". We're destined to be a nation of ditch diggers.
Me_myself_and_I

Norwich, NY

#25 May 3, 2010
How fast was he going? And at a parade
Cman

Overland Park, KS

#26 May 3, 2010
I'd venture this idiot should never be allowed behind the wheel of a car again, but I'm sure he'll be let off with a misdemeanor and no jail time. Stupidity should be painful for the stupid, not innocent bystanders.
jbd612

AOL

#27 May 3, 2010
Make sure you vote for the school levy Pete....the schools need more moeny or our student's can NEVER learn! lol

Since: Dec 09

Elk Grove Village, IL

#28 May 3, 2010
Oopsie Daisy wrote:
I understand that Dennis the Menace was in the crowd. It would have been poetic justice if he was run over by one of the clueless geezers that keep voting for him.
Well said! I would surely enjoy any comment Dennis would have had regarding the situation.
GGG

Medina, OH

#29 May 3, 2010
Does anyone else notice that seniors are given slaps on the wrist when they cause this kind of accident?

This guy has yet to be cited. Anyone who isn't a senior is cited for reckless op. or failure to control for even hitting a freakin' deer.

And, does anyone remember this?

http://articles.sfgate.com/2003-07-17/news/17...
Emily

Cleveland, OH

#31 May 3, 2010
Marble Mouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Pete, I agree. That "seen" instead of "saw" thing really gets on my nerves too. It's almost as bad as the "ax you a question" or the "INN-surance". We're destined to be a nation of ditch diggers.
I am a student at J.F.R and I don't think my english is too bad. Why are you concerned about grammar? What we saw yesterday was way worse than a few grammical mistakes. Some of us were too shaken to speak the "right" way. Try seeing someone get mowed over by a car, and then talk like a college scholar. Its probably not easy.
Victor Joseph Tonelli

Camarillo, CA

#32 May 3, 2010
Sorry folks...we need a drivers test for people over a certain age. If your feelings get hurt...TOO BAD!!! It's not nearly as painful as being run over by an incompetent driver.

It's a joke. He should be arrested like everyone else. SHOULD NOT BE BEHIND WHEEL OF A MOVING VEHICLE.

...and YES, if it were my dad, I'd feel the same way.
LARRY COFFEY

Citrus Heights, CA

#33 May 3, 2010
to the people of the world, im a man of god, and on a mission to speak the truth. im after the enemy that took control of peoples mind i give this warning to whomever harbors the enemy, don't go to sleep. im coming through the night like a thief, to steal the enemy from you. 2 chronicles 7:14 and luke 1:17, this is the season to plant the seed of faith and have a positive mind. thank you and god bless
cleveland chris 666

United States

#34 May 3, 2010
LARRY COFFEY wrote:
to the people of the world, im a man of god, and on a mission to speak the truth. im after the enemy that took control of peoples mind i give this warning to whomever harbors the enemy, don't go to sleep. im coming through the night like a thief, to steal the enemy from you. 2 chronicles 7:14 and luke 1:17, this is the season to plant the seed of faith and have a positive mind. thank you and god bless
Uh Larry ,,Seek Help
JCU Dave

Northfield, OH

#35 May 4, 2010
LMAO at the previous comment (and use of 666)... I heard on the news someone died in this accident?
Rolf Rolfy

United States

#36 May 7, 2010
Oopsie Daisy wrote:
I understand that Dennis the Menace was in the crowd. It would have been poetic justice if he was run over by one of the clueless geezers that keep voting for him.
Loser#1.
Rolf Rolfy

United States

#37 May 7, 2010
pistoff wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said! I would surely enjoy any comment Dennis would have had regarding the situation.
762

Loser #2.

Since: Dec 09

United States

#38 May 7, 2010
Rolf Rolfy wrote:
<quoted text>762
Loser #2.
Four days later, eh? I guess you're a constituent!

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#39 May 7, 2010
Get rid of the parades already!!!!!

“Perfect? NO. Forgiven? YES!”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#40 May 7, 2010
Emily wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a student at J.F.R and I don't think my english is too bad. Why are you concerned about grammar? What we saw yesterday was way worse than a few grammical mistakes. Some of us were too shaken to speak the "right" way. Try seeing someone get mowed over by a car, and then talk like a college scholar. Its probably not easy.
Emily, I use the same English no matter what the situation. The problem is that this is the way they talk ALL the time. I hear them. If it isn't killing the English language it is filled with profanity. You will never amount to a hill of beans if you cannot communicate clearly. Hope you don't mind working in a fast food restaurant, because you won't get a job in a decent place - unless, of course, you are black and they need to meet their quotas. That is just the way it is. It is English not english and grammatical not grammical. You need to go back to grade school and re-learn how to use the English language.
GGG

Medina, OH

#41 May 7, 2010
The guy is being charged with attempted vehicular homicide, I heard. And the boy that was injured the worse is still in the hospital.

I am pleased to hear that, usually they only get slaps on the wrist.

And I give much respect to elderly folks that know when to turn in the keys. My grandma knew when it was time, when my step grandpa on the other side of the family still wouldn't give up the keys after almost running my grandma over!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newburgh Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael Martinez Stinks 11 hr Grovet 1
News Trump marking 100th day with 'big rally' 12 hr MrClean 1
News The Opioid Crisis Has Led to More Help for Addi... 12 hr MrClean 26
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Apr 21 Fitus T Bluster 20,971
News Judge approves lawsuit settlement for family of... Apr 21 Yep 3
vacation here. Apr 20 James 1
neighbor from hell (Aug '14) Apr 19 Independence17 7

Newburgh Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newburgh Heights Mortgages