|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. This is even more egregious than the IRS's targeting of conservative groups.
Silencing dissent is one of the first things a totalitarian-minded regime does. It's a bad sign.
Paranoid much? Gee, the IRS targeted, amongst numerous other groups, the guys who claimed they don't want to pay taxes. "It's a conspiracy!" exclaimed the gun show kook, as he frantically rifled through the pages of the anarchist cookbook, between rolling his eyes back in head, as if filled with the spirit, speaking in tongues like "Mission Accomplished", and wondering if there is an invisible commie hiding in the bodies of one of his sixteen, eleven toed, inbred children.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

woo-boy wrote:
They would probably be better educated than you obviously....
I doubt that. In order to successfully homeschool, you'd have to want to be with your kids, instead of letting strangers raise them for you.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

Canton wrote:
No problem, lil' poochie. Just wondering why you always seem so knowledgeable about that old "abomination in the eyes of the Lord".....[blah, blah, blah].... Save your hypocrite garbage for the bleary eyed flock.
Trying to divert attention again, I see. You do your stupid little rants every time you're backed into a corner.

I have no problem with gays, and it doesn't bother me to go to their news sites to get information. It apparently bothers you, though. You should ask yourself why someday.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

Canton wrote:
Paranoid much? Gee, the IRS targeted, amongst numerous other groups, the guys who claimed they don't want to pay taxes. "It's a conspiracy!" exclaimed the gun show kook, as he frantically rifled through the pages of the anarchist cookbook, between rolling his eyes back in head, as if filled with the spirit, speaking in tongues like "Mission Accomplished", and wondering if there is an invisible commie hiding in the bodies of one of his sixteen, eleven toed, inbred children.
Your lack of knowledge and understanding of history is expected.

Tell me about paranoia, Canton ... how many people am I on this forum now?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Not home schooled, huh?
nope

University degreed twice.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
fraudulent disability recipients need targeted by the IRS...a new agency after firing all the current ones.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to divert attention again, I see. You do your stupid little rants every time you're backed into a corner.
I have no problem with gays, and it doesn't bother me to go to their news sites to get information. It apparently bothers you, though. You should ask yourself why someday.
Yet, strangely, you skipped over the first 20 websites on Google to reach your "common" definition of the term, as was clearly pointed out to you by Old Guy. Little poochie games. Nothing relevant to God or this country. Also known as you just don't have what it takes. VOID
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Your lack of knowledge and understanding of history is expected.
Tell me about paranoia, Canton ... how many people am I on this forum now?
How's about lil' poochie tells us about how low and insecure a person would have to be to agree with their own posts. Quick, pretend you didn't do it while Jesus isn't watching. Aaaah ha ha ha ha! VOID Smacked that lil' trooper off his high horse...again.(Also see last two presidential elections)
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that. In order to successfully homeschool, you'd have to want to be with your kids, instead of letting strangers raise them for you.
Or to hide them away from society, because you don't want them to repeat something vile in front of the other kids, like the Bible story of Lot getting drunk and banging his own daughters in a cave...because it was "the end of the world".(Also see majority of Conservative Christians' current view of the world) Ahhhh ha ha ha ha ha! So very VOID, you, and yours.

Since: Jan 13

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
What rights do you speak of here? When was marriage ever a right--particularly in the US Constitution? The Constitution doesn't even address marriage.
If your marriage has no barring on anybody else's life, then what harm would it do to you if I wanted to marry my cousin? My dog? My mother or father? My sister has much better healthcare than I do, maybe I could marry her so I have better coverage. And if I do, how would that effect you?
The SSM issue is not how it affects other people, it's about a social standard--one that we've had for hundreds of years not to mention tradition.
Social standard that's funny, look at all the single moms, people on welfare, fathers who don't pay child support and the divorce rate and you say social standard, yeah with this kind of social standard I think same sex marriage probably wont hurt that.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Your anger only hurts you, not them.
Proverbs 11:17
"When you’re kind to others, you help yourself;
when you’re cruel to others, you hurt yourself."
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
then introduce pot to kettle.
Your reply is a bit cryptic, but if you are asking why I don't give this same message to xxxrayted or Canton, it's because they seem to be enjoying this war of words. I don't think you do.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The "social standards" you posted are not the social standards of the majority of people. They are the social standards of the left. The right has promoted family values, personal responsibilities and a reduction of government dependents.
During the Bush administration, SSM was voted on in over a dozen states. All voted to reject recognition of SSM. Doesn't their vote count? And if there is some sort of Constitutional violation, then what is it and how would it apply to gays and not everybody?
Those are the standards that seem to be the prevailing force and I seriously doubt its all the lefts fault. The vote was made on personal feelings not based on any sense of fairness the government shouldn't be involved in marriage anyway and I think the gist of it is the legal benefits that comes with marriage. Why shouldn't I be entitled to those as well?, after all I work 40hrs and more a week, pay my taxes and my bills and am a productive member of society. The social standards have deteriorated not because gays want to get married but because heterosexuals take the sanctity of marriage for granted.

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

joanna50 wrote:
<quoted text>Those are the standards that seem to be the prevailing force and I seriously doubt its all the lefts fault. The vote was made on personal feelings not based on any sense of fairness the government shouldn't be involved in marriage anyway and I think the gist of it is the legal benefits that comes with marriage. Why shouldn't I be entitled to those as well?, after all I work 40hrs and more a week, pay my taxes and my bills and am a productive member of society. The social standards have deteriorated not because gays want to get married but because heterosexuals take the sanctity of marriage for granted.
The better way of describing it would be that SSM is seen as morally acceptable because marriage is devalued thanks to no-fault divorce, feminism, social climbing, etc.

As a civil contract, "marriage" is a bad joke. Modern Western society has rejected the values that made it, gay marriage is just a symptom not a cause.
Class

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

I know a couple on N. London St. that cannott stand each other but stay married anyway. So the meaning of marriage is different to some. My husband loves me and we Cherish our Marriage. I think he is also the Greatest. When he goes on plane to visit his parents....( I do not tell people I hope his plane .....well better kept unsaid)... but many have heard what she has said. That is not a Healthy marriage. As far a Gay couples wanting equal rights....well ...let God see that through...because the ones on London St...have said they do not believe in God....How sad....!!!
Class

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

I am a Proud Republican !!!ˇ
Agree

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

we agree, butch momma runs that house
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

Canton wrote:
Yet, strangely, you skipped over the first 20 websites on Google to reach your "common" definition of the term, as was clearly pointed out to you by Old Guy.
If I remember right, Old Guy's links were basically about the Tea Party. I posted links about the actual origins of the word, and what it meant prior to 2009.
Crazzzie is

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

Crazy is not believing your baby dolls are Real and take pictures of them like they are real. You are F........Nuts lady !!! Crazy is writing prison inmates and hoping one day they will be released and be your "True Love".....
Bible

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

Read it, it will give you the answers about gays.

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
The better way of describing it would be that SSM is seen as morally acceptable because marriage is devalued thanks to no-fault divorce, feminism, social climbing, etc.
As a civil contract, "marriage" is a bad joke. Modern Western society has rejected the values that made it, gay marriage is just a symptom not a cause.
You raise some good points but as a female I don't think feminism plays a part simply for the fact of economics. The way things are today it takes both the parents working in order to maintain a standard of living that doesn't require government help. Marriage is an institution and depending how one was raised either cherished or taken for granted. I don't think gay marriage is a symptom because gays cant legally marry so therefore haven't taken that right/privilege for granted. Marriage is devalued for the simple fact of its easy to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Newburgh Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Enduring Mystery Of Beverly Jarosz (Feb '08) 19 min WAITING FOR AN AR... 997
Review: Amarico Fence 11 hr Jimmy jones 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 hr Chuck 18,763
Creationism coming to Ohio classrooms? Not with... 17 hr TurkanaBoy 2
Was Dumb fired from Rovers Morning Glory 20 hr Cold hard facts 14
K8ZFR A Place For GAYS To Meet 22 hr W8BM 1
CARS Weekly NET Thu WB8N THOMAS WAYNE 1

Search the Newburgh Heights Forum:
•••
•••
Newburgh Heights Dating

more search filters

less search filters