Cleveland billboards give a face and positive message to atheism

May 16, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Cleveland.com

A new billboard campaign in Cleveland and Akron features local atheists and agnostics sharing positive messages about what they don't and do believe.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated May 18, 2014

Since: Sep 10

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2014

Judged:

See atheists as human beings? We can't have that! If we do, the religious won't be able to foment hate and violence against them.

Which, of course, is the intent on both parts. Atheists want to show that we are civil and moral people, and the religious want to mass murder us.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2014

Judged:

P_Smith wrote:
See atheists as human beings? We can't have that! If we do, the religious won't be able to foment hate and violence against them.
Which, of course, is the intent on both parts. Atheists want to show that we are civil and moral people, and the religious want to mass murder us.
Don't be ridiculous.

For one thing, A I suspect that small minority of atheists are neither civil nor moral and that a larger number, perhaps the majority of atheists, simply don;t worry about religious people opinions at all. The activists who put up billboard are only the tip of the atheist iceberg and represent only one of many points of view within our community.

Moreover, I see no evidence that the religious want to do physical harm to atheists. If they did, the more volatile among them would be killing atheists almost daily. Here in the U/S, they number over 200 million, after all, and if even one percent felt as you say they do, we'd have a million assassins at work.

What I do see , both personally and through the media, is peaceful, if argumentative coexistence. Most people that I've run across in my life would rather get along with others than fuss and fight. When they start running across likable people who fall into the categories they think that they abhor, most tend to suppress and eventually modify their views rather than show enmity or hostility.

There ain't no bad guy
There ain't no good guy
There's only you and me and
we just disagree

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Newburgh Heights Discussions

Search the Newburgh Heights Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Pope Che Reagan Christ I 29,208
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) 2 hr super size 2,215
cuyahoga amateur radio society sucks 12 hr WB8N 5
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 17 hr Samuel 18,546
What happened today (07/24) 23 hr FieldHTS 3
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Wed They cannot kill a Spook 231
I love you GARY DEWEY Jul 22 Dean Chalk and Babe Toots 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Newburgh Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Newburgh Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE