Who will be the next Mayor of Newburg...

Who will be the next Mayor of Newburgh Heights

Created by Trevor Elkins on Oct 9, 2007

447 votes

Click on an option to vote

Derrick Kinder

Eva Karras

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
we need action

Cleveland, OH

#1 Oct 17, 2007
just get someone in to take care of business.....not someone who takes care of buddies!
someone sweet

Fredericksburg, VA

#2 Oct 18, 2007
wooohooo Go Eva because we sure need a change!!!!
resident01

Fredericksburg, VA

#3 Oct 18, 2007
hey i hope you win eva i'm behind you 100%!
vote Karras

Fredericksburg, VA

#4 Oct 18, 2007
Dear Eva i hope that you take the seat of mayor, i seen what you have done, and i'm aware of what you can do, so my vote is yours.
fellow voter

Edison, NJ

#5 Oct 19, 2007
Hello everybody I am a village resident now and I would like to say that mayor kinder has not really done anything fort his village since he has been mayor, also he was never even elected mayor he was runner up to Paul Ruggles. So with this being said i will vote for Eva Karras because I belive she will actually do something with this village.
Amy

Broadview Heights, OH

#6 Oct 25, 2007
Dear residents of Newburgh,
Please see the statements below before you vote for your new Mayor. I have deleted the last name of the resident, and added Eva Karras's name where in my original statements to the City, I referred to her as only the ACO,(Animal Control Officer)
Eva Karras is running on a moral platform of integrity, honesty and trust, yet in my one and only dealing with her none of these morals was exercised. The worst part about this situation is a cat died needlessly.

July 11, 2007
Dear Mayor Kinder,
On July 5, 2007, the Public Animal Welfare Society,(PAWS), received a call on our helpline from a Newburgh Heights resident. The resident stated that she had a stray cat on her property that was friendly, slightly ill, and in need of rescue. At that time we did not have space to take him. The helpline contacted me, and I immediately went to the residence to assess the situation. The cat in question was an unaltered male approximately 18 months of age. The cat was friendly, vocal, and amenable to medical treatment. I treated the cat for ear mites, and left the resident eye ointment for runny eyes. I stated to the resident that we did not have room at the moment, but would seek room for this cat as soon as possible. Over the weekend our helpline personnel continued to make contact with the resident, and assured her that we were still seeking room and to contact us if any problems occurred.
On July 10, 2007, I was contacted by PAWS personnel that room had been found for the cat, and arrangements would be made to bring him into foster care. This same morning the resident called the Newburgh Heights police department and reported a feral cat that needed to be trapped on her property. Your animal control officer (ACO) Eva Karras was informed by the resident that PAWS was involved with this situation, and was even informed by the resident that we had left medication for the cat.
Your ACO placed a trap on the residents porch with the residence permission, the cat was trapped, taken to the Animal Protective League,(APL), where it was assessed, found to have upper respiratory, and because there was not room in the isolation area, he was euthanized.
Had your ACO contacted PAWS, or disclosed to the APL, that PAWS was involved, this cat would not have been needlessly euthanized. I feel that this beautiful male cat paid the ultimate price for internal struggles. The resident had disclosed to me that there was conflict between the ACO, Eva Karras and the Service Director. I felt it was highly inappropriate for the resident to disclose this information to me, but even more inappropriate that she had the information to begin with. I did not put much weight into what she disclosed to me then, but now I believe it has some bearing to this unfortunate situation.
I will wait to hear from you concerning this matter.
I thank you in advance for your attention to this matter,
Amy Beichler
Executive Director
paws personel

United States

#7 Oct 25, 2007
Amy wrote:
Dear residents of Newburgh,
Please see the statements below before you vote for your new Mayor. I have deleted the last name of the resident, and added Eva Karras's name where in my original statements to the City, I referred to her as only the ACO,(Animal Control Officer)
Eva Karras is running on a moral platform of integrity, honesty and trust, yet in my one and only dealing with her none of these morals was exercised. The worst part about this situation is a cat died needlessly.
July 11, 2007
Dear Mayor Kinder,
On July 5, 2007, the Public Animal Welfare Society,(PAWS), received a call on our helpline from a Newburgh Heights resident. The resident stated that she had a stray cat on her property that was friendly, slightly ill, and in need of rescue. At that time we did not have space to take him. The helpline contacted me, and I immediately went to the residence to assess the situation. The cat in question was an unaltered male approximately 18 months of age. The cat was friendly, vocal, and amenable to medical treatment. I treated the cat for ear mites, and left the resident eye ointment for runny eyes. I stated to the resident that we did not have room at the moment, but would seek room for this cat as soon as possible. Over the weekend our helpline personnel continued to make contact with the resident, and assured her that we were still seeking room and to contact us if any problems occurred.
On July 10, 2007, I was contacted by PAWS personnel that room had been found for the cat, and arrangements would be made to bring him into foster care. This same morning the resident called the Newburgh Heights police department and reported a feral cat that needed to be trapped on her property. Your animal control officer (ACO) Eva Karras was informed by the resident that PAWS was involved with this situation, and was even informed by the resident that we had left medication for the cat.
Your ACO placed a trap on the residents porch with the residence permission, the cat was trapped, taken to the Animal Protective League,(APL), where it was assessed, found to have upper respiratory, and because there was not room in the isolation area, he was euthanized.
Had your ACO contacted PAWS, or disclosed to the APL, that PAWS was involved, this cat would not have been needlessly euthanized. I feel that this beautiful male cat paid the ultimate price for internal struggles. The resident had disclosed to me that there was conflict between the ACO, Eva Karras and the Service Director. I felt it was highly inappropriate for the resident to disclose this information to me, but even more inappropriate that she had the information to begin with. I did not put much weight into what she disclosed to me then, but now I believe it has some bearing to this unfortunate situation.
I will wait to hear from you concerning this matter.
I thank you in advance for your attention to this matter,
Amy Beichler
Executive Director
this here is a lie what other means will those in control of this village resort too.
closedeyes

Erie, PA

#8 Oct 25, 2007
Eva is a loser so is the people she runs with(THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE ), so i hope and believe she will remain that in Newburgh Heights run for mayor.LOSERLOSERLOSER AND DID I MENTION LOSER!
Amy

Broadview Heights, OH

#9 Oct 25, 2007
Dear whomever,
This statement is not a lie, I wish it was. A cat did die, people at this rescue were devestated, and again I wish it was all untrue. My only motivation for posting the letter that I wrote to Mayor Kinder about Ms Karras's lack of compassion was to put forward facts for the City of Newburgh to process before they cast a vote for who would lead them in the position of Mayor.
This rescue has rescued hundreds of animals this year, and I wish the one that died had been one of them, but due to Ms Karras, that was not to be.

Amy Beichler
Executive Director
PAWS Ohio
crash

United States

#10 Oct 25, 2007
Thank you amy for the facts
crash

United States

#11 Oct 25, 2007
Amy,
Thanks for the facts.
voter for eva karras

United States

#12 Oct 26, 2007
Amy wrote:
Dear whomever,
This statement is not a lie, I wish it was. A cat did die, people at this rescue were devestated, and again I wish it was all untrue. My only motivation for posting the letter that I wrote to Mayor Kinder about Ms Karras's lack of compassion was to put forward facts for the City of Newburgh to process before they cast a vote for who would lead them in the position of Mayor.
This rescue has rescued hundreds of animals this year, and I wish the one that died had been one of them, but due to Ms Karras, that was not to be.
Amy Beichler
Executive Director
PAWS Ohio
Dear Amy today while helping a resident rescue a cat how IRONIC! EVA FELL FROM A COLLASPED PORCH AND BROKE AND FRACTURED RIBS AND PUNCTURED HER SPLINE, AND HAS INTERNAL BLEEDING, SO YOU MAY WANT TO SPREAD THIS ONE AROUND TOO, AS THAT CAT YOU SPEAK OF HAD TO BE PUT TO SLEEP DUE TO THE UPPER RESPITORY INFECTION IT DID HAVE , THAT IN TURN HAVE DOCUMENTED FROM THE VET THERE,AT THE APL WHICH STANDS FOR ANIMAL PROTECTIVE LEAGUE, ALSO WHEN THERE IS TIME THEY WILL MAIL DIRECTLY TO YOUR OFFICE, ALSO YOU WANTED A RESIDENT, TO EXPOSE THIS CAT TO THE RESIDENTS OTHER CATS THAT WERE WELL TAKEN CARE OF INSISTING THEY LET IT IN THE HOME, WHICH TWO OTHERS THAT WERE RIGHT THERE,HAD TO TELL YOU THAT WAS NOT A GOOD IDEA, AND HAD YOU BEEN SO CONCERNED ABOUT THIS ANIMAL YOU WOULD HAVE COME BACK TO TAKE TO THAT SHOW AT PET SMART BUT YOU NEVER DID! ALSO IF NOT MISTAKEN THE RESIDENTS VET ADVISED NOT TO EXPOSE AND TO ISOLATE THE CATS.
EVA SUPPORTER

United States

#13 Nov 2, 2007
WE NEED A CHANGE. DERRICK ISN'T EVEN RECOGNIZED AS THE MAYOR. PEOPLE SAY WHO IS THAT ALL THE TIME. EVERYONE WANTS TO COMPLAIN BUT NO ONE WANTS TO STAND UP AND RUN FOR OFFICE. NOW EVERYONE IS DISSING EVA FOR TAKING A CHANCE. DERRICK IS GOING AROUND HEY YOU KNOW ME AND WHAT I AM ABOUT! YEAH OK, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN THE LAST FOUR YEARS?
eva supporter 2

United States

#14 Nov 2, 2007
EVA SUPPORTER wrote:
WE NEED A CHANGE. DERRICK ISN'T EVEN RECOGNIZED AS THE MAYOR. PEOPLE SAY WHO IS THAT ALL THE TIME. EVERYONE WANTS TO COMPLAIN BUT NO ONE WANTS TO STAND UP AND RUN FOR OFFICE. NOW EVERYONE IS DISSING EVA FOR TAKING A CHANCE. DERRICK IS GOING AROUND HEY YOU KNOW ME AND WHAT I AM ABOUT! YEAH OK, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN THE LAST FOUR YEARS?
you are so right, he is no where to be found but at a watering hole,
lisa

United States

#15 Nov 2, 2007
Well at first i thought good for Eva maybe we do need change, but the closer it gets to the election and the more investigation i do Eva is not good for the city, she seems to want to back in time, this is 2007 we must move forward Derrik Kinder has not even had time to make him self know with all the changes in our city government over the past few years, so i think Derrick Kinder is our best choice, if Eva gets in I will be afraid to see what happens in this city. And as far as the news report about Mr. Kinder we all have things in our lives we are not proud of. My vote and the other 3 votes in our house will be gong to Derrick Kinder.

“"I See Dumb People"”

Since: Oct 07

Ohio

#16 Nov 2, 2007
As we all know any time someone runs for any political office someone is always spreading rumors and allegations, thats the nature of the game. It's sad that peoples problems they have had has to come up. The only question people should have is who would do the best job? And I think under the circumstances Derrick Kinder has made a difference and has made steps to better the village. Why have Eva Karras signs been taken down today, oh yeah thats right, she didn't even have the guts to show up for the residents at meet the candidate night. My question is...what do you have to hide or were you afraid to be asked questions you couldn't even answer? I know I won't be voting for a coward.
eva supporter 2

United States

#17 Nov 3, 2007
lisa wrote:
Well at first i thought good for Eva maybe we do need change, but the closer it gets to the election and the more investigation i do Eva is not good for the city, she seems to want to back in time, this is 2007 we must move forward Derrik Kinder has not even had time to make him self know with all the changes in our city government over the past few years, so i think Derrick Kinder is our best choice, if Eva gets in I will be afraid to see what happens in this city. And as far as the news report about Mr. Kinder we all have things in our lives we are not proud of. My vote and the other 3 votes in our house will be gong to Derrick Kinder.
WELL YOU DO KNOW HE IS FOR SAFETY BUT YET MOTHERS AGAINST DRUNK DRIVERS STATE HE HAS 3 DUI'S AND THAT IS PUBLIC RECORD TO LOOK UP, IN ELYRIA FIND TWO, ALSO HE HAD TO BE TAKEN TO COURT 4 DIFFERNET TIMES FOR NOT PAYING HIS PROPERTY TAXES AND CITY TAXES AND HAVE HIS WAGES GARNISHED, HE ALSO IS PRESENTLY IN VIOLATION OF ORC 3517.21 (b)(1) AND 10 AND PRESENTLY IS ISSUES A COURT DATE NOV 5TH 2007 WITH THE OHIO COMMISSIONS OF ELECTIONS FOR THE VIOLATIONS, HE ALSO TOOK CREDIT FOR THE NEWS LETTER HE PASSED WHEN IN FACT OTHERS HAD IN PROGRESS ALREADY, HE ALSO BACKS THOSE ON COUNCIL WITH CRIMINAL RECORDS, BUT YOU HAVE TO BE SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW HOW TO USE THE SYSTEM WHEN CHECKING FOR THE FACTS THEY HAVE DRUG ABUSE CASES ABUSE OF DRUGS, MAYBE YOUR TAX MONEY MAY NOT GO WHERE YOU THINK IT SHOULD, ALSO THE LAW SUIT IF CHECKING HAS BEEN DROPPED DUE TO MORE IMPORTANT ISSUES THAT NEED ALOT MORE ATTENTION IN THIS VILLAGE, AND MUCH MORE THAT CANNOT BE PUT ON HERE, ALSO THE ONES WHO PASS THE LITURATUE FOR KINDER BRING INTO OUR VILLAGE SEX OFFENDERS THEY WERE MARRIED TO, AND MORE
eva supporter 2

United States

#18 Nov 3, 2007
only one with a brain wrote:
As we all know any time someone runs for any political office someone is always spreading rumors and allegations, thats the nature of the game. It's sad that peoples problems they have had has to come up. The only question people should have is who would do the best job? And I think under the circumstances Derrick Kinder has made a difference and has made steps to better the village. Why have Eva Karras signs been taken down today, oh yeah thats right, she didn't even have the guts to show up for the residents at meet the candidate night. My question is...what do you have to hide or were you afraid to be asked questions you couldn't even answer? I know I won't be voting for a coward.
check the newspapers and hospital records and pugsley she has 4 broken ribs and a punctured spline she had to go into surgry for to stop the internal bleeding, and she would have been there had she not went to a resident that could not afford to take her cat to a vet and eva was going to pay the bill and take the cat for her when asked, she is far from a COWARD AS NO ONE ELSE STEPPED UP TO RUN FOR MAYOR BUT RUN THEIR MOUTHS! AS FOR THE RUMORS AND ALLEGATIONS GO TO THE PUBLIC RECORDS ABOUT KINDER TAXES AND DUI'S AND WHAT IS NOT ALLEGATIONS OR RUMORS BUT THE FACTS.
lisa

United States

#19 Nov 3, 2007
IF EVA IS SO MUCH FOR THE CITY , WHY WAS SHE SUEING THE CITY, AND NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN WHEN SHE IS RUNNING FOR MAYOR THE SUIT IS DROPPED, FUNNY HOW THAT HAPPENED????? SHE IS A COWARD!!!!
DEB

United States

#20 Nov 3, 2007
I am sure Eva has her skeltons in her closet too. i am sorry she got hurt because she was trying to do a nice thing for someone, but that is what we all should be doing for one another, not just when we are running for office.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newburgh Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kelli Prather fraud 2 hr busy 3
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 9 hr Well Well 21,050
News Bookstores in Cleveland, Ohio (Jul '09) Thu LunaHart 7
News Cleveland father with history of infant abuse a... Aug 11 Littlejoe8338 1
Withdrawing? Sick of chasing that devil? START ... Aug 10 What 2
Do not buy Toshiba copiers!!! (Jan '09) Aug 9 Used and lied to 30
Brock Osweiler!!! Aug 7 Ricardo montobomb 1

Newburgh Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newburgh Heights Mortgages