Newburgh Heights Pink Slips City Law Director and Police Chief

Sep 18, 2009 Full story: WOIO

The city of Newburgh Heights has eliminated the positions of Law Director and Police Chief due to financial reasons.

Full Story
villager

Cleveland, OH

#1 Sep 19, 2009
I do not think this was a good thing to do.They need to get a grip on the real problems like getting a new clerk tresuar and start doing the right thing for the residents and get rid of the service department they are way over paid and are very unproductive people.Leave the police alone we all will need them someday and that day maybe more lifechanging then when is the service department picking up the leaves
Empresario

Brecksville, OH

#2 Sep 23, 2009
villager wrote:
I do not think this was a good thing to do.They need to get a grip on the real problems like getting a new clerk tresuar and start doing the right thing for the residents and get rid of the service department they are way over paid and are very unproductive people.Leave the police alone we all will need them someday and that day maybe more lifechanging then when is the service department picking up the leaves
I agree, we should get rid of the Clerk-Treasurer because afterall, he is the one that has been saying for more than 12 month cuts need to be made or this day would come. What a fool, he just doesn't get it does he. Doesn't he understand that if there isn't any money in the bank account checks can't be cut? Yes, I agree we really need to get rid of that Clerk-Treasurer that has been predicting this day and begging for action to be taken for months. Wait, none of this makes any sense. Perhaps if his advice had been taken, the cuts wouldn't have had to have been so drastic. If you're going to make hairbrained suggestions "Villager", make a good argument at least.
rediculus

Cleveland, OH

#3 Nov 1, 2010
so the cheif gets tossed he got a lawsuit and so did prosecutor and so did alot of the employees that were let go so who cares look where all the law suits come from and who allows it, the same people that allow it then causes it, cheif law director prosecutor and cops and employees all have lawsuits and those that tried should tell you something about this village as most got paid now we have new ones from yet another cop and then the ones from even a ttorney denied into his own guardians home so this atty has a law suit federal level against a cop and mayor here so how does this stuff happen and then they even get paid come on no wonder there is no money to get things doe for the residnets as what services are still available for the tax payers?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newburgh Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Toby Kolman WT8O 13 hr Margaret Boose 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 hr Bently 19,568
Toby Kolman's teeth... 18 hr Margaret Boose 4
Heartless Felons Dec 23 I heart hate 3
Former Methodist Episcopal minister accused of ... (Jul '08) Dec 21 matthew 368
Creationism coming to Ohio classrooms? Not with... Dec 20 nobody 7
Cleveland police bust out car window after moth... Dec 20 nobody 1
More from around the web

Newburgh Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Newburgh Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Newburgh Heights

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]