Pet park to be open by late spring

Pet park to be open by late spring

There are 12 comments on the Public Opinion story from Mar 24, 2008, titled Pet park to be open by late spring. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

By late spring, dogs will be able to run and play freely on a hillside in Shippensburg Township and local dog owners are thrilled about the addition.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

justme

Chambersburg, PA

#1 Mar 24, 2008
oh a breeding ground for disease. I trust my dogs but I dont' trust other people.

A responsible owner will set up playdates for their dogs with other owners that they know and trust.
ATTEND THE 3-26 MEETING

United States

#2 Mar 25, 2008
justme wrote:
oh a breeding ground for disease. I trust my dogs but I dont' trust other people.
A responsible owner will set up playdates for their dogs with other owners that they know and trust.
Great justme....stay away and leave more space for the rest of us. You'd only pist-and-moan any way.
Dan

Chambersburg, PA

#3 Mar 25, 2008
I am very excited about this park, my Goldendoodle (6 Mo) will now have a safe place to run as we rent a house in Walnut Bottom and have no fenced in yard. This is a great oppertunity for the community and I hope that people are not sloppy and careless with their pets, I like the idea of a free park, I don't want to have to pay bc. people are slobs and ruin it for everyone
justme

Newville, PA

#4 Mar 25, 2008
Can't you read Attend the meeting. I am a responsible owner, I don't plan on taking my dogs to some place with dogs and owners I do NOT know. It will be ruined by irresponsible owners in no time. Are they gonna be carrying proof of their shots. You beat they won't be.

I won't set my dogs up to fail, so you just enjoy that dog park. Yeah I would be moaning the whole time anyway, my dogs are trained and know how to obey people will be there ruining it for the good dogs not paying attention to what their dogs are doing and yapping on their cell phones.

Dan, there is no such thing as a Goldendoodle. You paid for a high priced mixed breed mutt.

When a dog fight breaks out don't cry. Remember you took your dogs there and it not might be your dog that started a fight but I can guarntee the owners will be standing there dumb founded on how to break it up or to shocked that there so well behaved dog did such a thing that they won't attempt to break it up....

Cause in point I had a person telling me their dog was trying to play with mine when it fact it was trying to attack my Golden Retriver.
Ted Campbell

Manahawkin, NJ

#5 Mar 25, 2008
justme wrote:
Can't you read Attend the meeting. I am a responsible owner, I don't plan on taking my dogs to some place with dogs and owners I do NOT know. It will be ruined by irresponsible owners in no time. Are they gonna be carrying proof of their shots. You beat they won't be.
I won't set my dogs up to fail, so you just enjoy that dog park. Yeah I would be moaning the whole time anyway, my dogs are trained and know how to obey people will be there ruining it for the good dogs not paying attention to what their dogs are doing and yapping on their cell phones.
Dan, there is no such thing as a Goldendoodle. You paid for a high priced mixed breed mutt.
When a dog fight breaks out don't cry. Remember you took your dogs there and it not might be your dog that started a fight but I can guarntee the owners will be standing there dumb founded on how to break it up or to shocked that there so well behaved dog did such a thing that they won't attempt to break it up....
Cause in point I had a person telling me their dog was trying to play with mine when it fact it was trying to attack my Golden Retriver.
Justme you justbeyou!

Wake up....many progressive communities have well run, self-managed, dog parks. This is not new and sure is not rocket science. Of course your GR doesn't shite, or bark, and most likely wouldn't want to interact with other dogs anyways. Stay away - please!

Just stay away and don't ruin it for others by your wining.
jess

Lansing, MI

#6 Mar 25, 2008
just me goes to show how much you know there is such a thing as a goldendoodle and is and very good dog
just me not

Manahawkin, NJ

#7 Mar 25, 2008
Justme - Learn to read....I do not see where you found that Dan "bought" his Goldendoodle in the first place. He didn't say that.
As far as a "mixed breed mutt" is concerned, I'll bet any mutt has 10X the personality of your overbred, timid, golden. And you talked about "high priced"; I suppose your "purebred Golden" was free.
justme is right

Fayetteville, PA

#8 Mar 28, 2008
Goldendoodles ARE NOT A BREED. They are mixed breed dogs being sold for high prices.

They are NOT a registered breed with ANY REPUTABLE KENNEL CLUB.
AKC, UKC etc.

If you say you have papers from the ACA well I can get papers too.
I can take justme's Golden and breed it to my Pit Bull and get papers through the ACA and list them as GOLDEN PITS or GOLDEN BULLS!

You all do NOT know what you are talking about.
Lil John

New Bloomfield, PA

#9 Mar 28, 2008
The Goldendoodle is also a hybrid dog produced by breeding a Golden Retriever with a Poodle.
http://www.fourpawsdoodles.com/history_of_doo...

Whatever they are I bet they are fun to have around. I have a Heinz Hound (57doodle) and she's great, any dog is great!
CGCCDXDOG

Shermans Dale, PA

#10 Apr 4, 2008
I frequented two dog parks in the Philly area before I moved here. I never ran into trouble with irresponsible owners, disease, or yapping dogs. If a dog acts up and causes problems, the dog and owner leave. In my experience the dogs have a lot of fun, and everyone goes home happy. I absolutely plan on taking my dogs there.

On another note, Goldendoodles, though great dogs (as all mutts are, especially mine!), are not a breed. They are a mix between two breeds.:-)
I feel your pain

Elizabethtown, PA

#11 Apr 4, 2008
CGCCDXDOG person said exactly what I was going to say...minus the Philly part. Mutts are fine pets, but they are NOT a pure breed. There is no breed standard and they do not breed true.

"Designer" dogs are the puppy pimp's currently very successful attempt to part fools from their cash. Adopt the same mix from any shelter, get the same great pet, and don't fund puppymills. Pure bred dogs from breeders who do not do appropriate genetic testing, do not know breed standards, and do not screen homes to make sure the puppy and the buyer are a good match are just as likely to be mentally and physically defiecient as mutts from such breeders.

People need to educate themselves before obtaining ANY dog, purebred or mixed, to be sure that they can spot a reputable source for their pets, whether it be shelter, rescue, or dedicated, responsible breeder. Otherwise, they can count on getting an unhealthy, mentally unstable animal instead of a wonderful family companion.
Dan

Chambersburg, PA

#12 May 6, 2008
Here is the deal with the Goldendoodle, while it is not a "recognized breed" it is a specalized dog. We did not get the dog becsue it was a fancy goldendoodle, we got it becasue it was a compramise dog, I am not alergic to dogs, however my wife is. She can have dogs such as poodles, yorkies, bichons, etc....however I wanted a big dog and golden retreivers have always been my favorite. A poodle has "hair" not "fur", our golden was not that expensive, actually cheaper then many goldens I have seen. We got ours off of a hobby breeder in Maryland who bred it their golden with a friends standard poodle. The dog is in great health and since he has hair (Poodle Trait, mostly) even though he is 65 lbs he does not bother my wifes allergies. A 8 lb puggle casued her to have asthma attacks, but our 65 lb goldendoodle is fine.

Basically long story short we got him as a comprimise. We both wanted a dog and a big dog at that. However we did not like standard poodles, we found our Casey Face and we couldn't be more thrilled with him.

He is mixed with 2 of the smartest dogs in the world, and he fits our health concerns what's the harm?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bethany Crabtree (Mar '15) Apr '16 Not surprised 2
News Local Colleges Still Losing War Against Student... Mar '16 phaqsno 5
News 3 doctors on trial for sponges left in Newburg ... (Mar '10) Feb '16 Anon 76
Jumped by a bunch of cowards Feb '16 Shannon Morris 1
"... about my mother, I'm trying to get the fac... (Jan '15) Jan '16 Don M 3
Sexual Predator at Shippensburg University? (Nov '15) Dec '15 ShipPolice 2
News Chambersburg Public Opinion (Mar '09) Nov '15 countryluver25 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newburg Mortgages