19-year old takes car full of teens o...

19-year old takes car full of teens on high speed chase, alcoho...

There are 26 comments on the Public Opinion story from May 18, 2008, titled 19-year old takes car full of teens on high speed chase, alcoho.... In it, Public Opinion reports that:

May 18, 2008 -- A Newburg man with several teenage passengers reached speeds in excess of 100 miles an hour in his Ford Mustang during a high-speed chase on Newburg Road Saturday night, according to a pursuing ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Al Gore

Brentwood, TN

#22 May 19, 2008
she sure was but she did get a little upset that I didn't open it all the way up and do 160....Do have to say though at speeds of 120-140 it is a bit nerve racking...curves come up on you very fast and any jerk of the wheel and you kiss your butt goodbye...many thoughts race through your head as what if a tire blows out etc....but have to say I did those things in the mid 90's a bit older and wiser now...now just cruise at 75-80...
Lazlo

New Castle, DE

#23 May 20, 2008
Has a Franklin Co. judge ever impounded a DUI's vehicle in an instance like this where fleeing law enforcement occurred? Are judges weak in protecting the citizens?
Lori

Grand Blanc, MI

#24 May 20, 2008
Pa- Posse wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont know where you grew up, but back in my day the girls would of been urging me on to go faster.
That's exactly right, PA POSSE. Those kids got in that car willingly, they drank willingly, and you can bet your butt that when they saw the cops lights, not one of them said "Golly gee, pull over. I don't care about getting caught for underage drinking!" They were probably yelling for the driver to go faster, and telling him how close or far away the cops were. And if anyone got out and ran, it's for the same reason. So they wouldn't get caught...not because they were so traumatized from the chase that they didn't know what they were doing! Been there, done that...I know the drill.
jeff

Washington, DC

#25 May 20, 2008
These kids were wrong, however, why is it necessary to continue racing after someone who already is driving like a nut. Get the license number and pick them up later.
Good thing this didn't end up worst.
scorpion

Flint, MI

#26 May 20, 2008
Sounds to me like some of need to grow up. And realize this young fellow put alot of folks in danger. And in doing so got himself into some hotter water, instead of just the underage drinking.
mss

New Oxford, PA

#27 May 20, 2008
jeff wrote:
These kids were wrong, however, why is it necessary to continue racing after someone who already is driving like a nut. Get the license number and pick them up later.
Good thing this didn't end up worst.
Just getting the license plate number doesn't work. Read one of the earlier posts. Why do some of you people think that getting license plate numbers will fix the pursuit problems?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trick-or-treat nights scheduled this year (Oct '09) Oct 14 Ginger 51
Susquehanna Slam 16u softball Aug '17 chadshimko 1
News Franklin County area police log (Apr '10) Apr '17 Tony 9
Pot (Apr '17) Apr '17 Rexroth 1
News Chambersburg Public Opinion (Mar '09) Mar '17 30packaday 10
News Franklin County area police log (Jan '11) Mar '17 duck man 5
News Peggy Ann Bradnick Jackson to open Fulton Fall ... (Oct '08) Feb '17 Snowflake 112

Newburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newburg Mortgages