19-year old takes car full of teens o...

19-year old takes car full of teens on high speed chase, alcoho...

There are 26 comments on the Public Opinion story from May 18, 2008, titled 19-year old takes car full of teens on high speed chase, alcoho.... In it, Public Opinion reports that:

May 18, 2008 -- A Newburg man with several teenage passengers reached speeds in excess of 100 miles an hour in his Ford Mustang during a high-speed chase on Newburg Road Saturday night, according to a pursuing ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pete

New Castle, DE

#1 May 18, 2008
Take Russell's license. Impound his Mustang. Put him in jail--no probation. The 19-year-old endangered himself and all in the Mustang. Lucky that he did not lose control of the car and crash hit another vehicle. Such poor judgement to drink and drive should be rewarded with a serious jail sentence.
Grn Twp Res

Anderson, IN

#2 May 18, 2008
One nice change to the Fleeing/Eluding crime is that if you do it while you're drunk, it's an automatic Felony.
bucky

Orrtanna, PA

#3 May 18, 2008
Oh, those darn crazy kids!

WHAT will they think up next, huh??
IDEA

Wilmington, DE

#4 May 19, 2008
obviously he didnt read the paper yesterday.
Adib

New Castle, DE

#5 May 19, 2008
The underage college or university student who abuses alcohol and gets intoxicated is at one level. The young person who gets intoxicated then operates a motor vehicle is at another, higher level due to the increased risk for himself and others, either in the same vehicle, or in other vehicles on the road. DUI is not dealt with severely enough in Franklin County for persons of any age.
Eileen

Gettysburg, PA

#6 May 19, 2008
So glad to hear that this chase didn`t end in tragedy.
SJS

West Chester, PA

#7 May 19, 2008
Adib--I agree with your last sentence.

Eileen--Your comments reflect all I think about over and over.
Pa- Posse

Gettysburg, PA

#8 May 19, 2008
bucky wrote:
Oh, those darn crazy kids!
WHAT will they think up next, huh??
I was doing this many years ago, but i got away.
Max

New Castle, DE

#9 May 19, 2008
So this dysfunctional teen is now a felon. Beyond doubt his driver's license must be revoked.
He should get time in jail.
NEWBURG

Virginia Beach, VA

#10 May 19, 2008
NEWBURG/FAYETVILLE seem to be a full time job for the State Police lately.
Good job troppers
Get these punk kids off the streets
Dean

Douglassville, PA

#12 May 19, 2008
Heck if I were the passenger I would have jumped out and ran too, he was probably all shook up. That kid took the lives of every person in that car into his own reckless hands. He should be charged also for endangering the lives of all the passengers in his car. Those girls, underage drinking or not, were probably scared out of their minds. Although I do honestly think that the police should find better ways to get someone, not chase them till they hit speeds of over 90+ mph. I know the kid took that upon his own self to try and elude the police, but is catching a kid in a mustang worth 4 lives?
Gram

Carlisle, PA

#13 May 19, 2008
State Troopers, good job, hope none of yours get hurt because of these totally STUPID kids. Take the damn Mustang away from him & give him a childs peddle car, that would suit his mentality.If they don't care about themselves, at least respect others on the road who very easily could have been hurt or worse yet killed. Just remember you will be dead a long time!!!! If my kids would have done that they would not be driving or sitting (no matter what age) for a long long time. Wonder who paid for that car!!!!!!
Jail, not parent's custody would be a just sentence & I mean not just a short time in jail.
DUI Is Stupid

Chambersburg, PA

#14 May 19, 2008
Adib wrote:
The underage college or university student who abuses alcohol and gets intoxicated is at one level. The young person who gets intoxicated then operates a motor vehicle is at another, higher level due to the increased risk for himself and others, either in the same vehicle, or in other vehicles on the road. DUI is not dealt with severely enough in Franklin County for persons of any age.
Unfortunately, the DUI Laws in PA are not all that severe, punishments are based on blood alcohol level and number of priors. When plea bargains are made by the District Attorney's office lowering the BAC, it can take a sentence of 90 days to 5 years, and lower it to 30 days to 6 months. That's what the public should be concerned about
Pa- Posse

United States

#15 May 19, 2008
Dean wrote:
Heck if I were the passenger I would have jumped out and ran too, he was probably all shook up. That kid took the lives of every person in that car into his own reckless hands. He should be charged also for endangering the lives of all the passengers in his car. Those girls, underage drinking or not, were probably scared out of their minds. Although I do honestly think that the police should find better ways to get someone, not chase them till they hit speeds of over 90+ mph. I know the kid took that upon his own self to try and elude the police, but is catching a kid in a mustang worth 4 lives?
I dont know where you grew up, but back in my day the girls would of been urging me on to go faster.
Read and remember

Waynesboro, PA

#16 May 19, 2008
I think the story said the boy was already doing 97 miles an hour before the chase began, didn't it? I don't think in this case it is valid to critize the police for initiating a chase. He was already endangering all those kids in the car as well as everybody else on the road.
Shippensburg

Gettysburg, PA

#17 May 19, 2008
...and this is when the car should be impounded! I believe anyone caught for DUI should have the car impounded. If they don't have the common sense not to drink and drive then take the car away!
Al Gore

Brentwood, TN

#18 May 19, 2008
Guess that drive should have been driving an SS Z/28 he would have out run those staties....remember next time bring a real car to the show not some Mustang pedal car...*L*
Heck 100++ what 15 mph...hell would take my Firebirds at 140 on Rt 80 quite a few times...get a real car if you want to play....
mss

Shippensburg, PA

#19 May 19, 2008
Al Gore wrote:
Guess that drive should have been driving an SS Z/28 he would have out run those staties....remember next time bring a real car to the show not some Mustang pedal car...*L*
Heck 100++ what 15 mph...hell would take my Firebirds at 140 on Rt 80 quite a few times...get a real car if you want to play....
Damn, you are a bad ass. Who in their right mind would mess with you?
tiny tim

United States

#20 May 19, 2008
bring it on algore, right up here on 80; you name the time and milestick!
jade

Newville, PA

#21 May 19, 2008
Al Gore,

Congradee achuns. Your mother must be so proud.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shooting investigation in Shippensburg Nov '16 openmind693 1
News GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump walks on ... Oct '16 Slurpz7574 41
vincent eugene martz Sep '16 matt raffer 1
News 16 new charges filed on Scottie North (Jun '08) Sep '16 Matthew 9
News Shippensburg's Logan A. George set for hearing ... (Sep '13) Aug '16 La la la 6
Holly Hornbaker is cheating on her man. Aug '16 Goodfriend 1
egor Aug '16 friends in high p... 1

Newburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newburg Mortgages