Letter to the editor: Trucking plans ...

Letter to the editor: Trucking plans will affect residents

There are 7 comments on the Public Opinion story from Apr 19, 2008, titled Letter to the editor: Trucking plans will affect residents. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

I think the supervisors at both ends of Shippensburg are selling us out to the trucking warehouse industry.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

GoodNews

Newville, PA

#1 Apr 20, 2008
It is good news for the massage parlor located at exit 24!
To good news

Manchester, MI

#2 Apr 20, 2008
I think that they need to burn every last adult massage parlor and adult book stores. How can people live with themselves doing those kind of jobs. Every time I pass one of them I literally get sick to my stomach. There is nothing good news about that. I am from Waynesboro

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#3 Apr 20, 2008
What does a massage parlor have to do with this letter??? Lady how do you think that EVERYTHING that you buy gets into the stores? Do you think that the roof opens and it just drops in? You people make me sick...always bitching about the trucker and the farmers. If we would both go on strike this town would be in sad shape.
Why Worry

Chambersburg, PA

#4 Apr 20, 2008
How did we do it all these years without all these mega-warehouses?

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#5 Apr 20, 2008
Why Worry wrote:
How did we do it all these years without all these mega-warehouses?
Duh maybe there are more people in the world today.
Anon

Mount Holly Springs, PA

#6 Apr 21, 2008
I also want to address the landfill use. If you happen to be on Interstate 81 at 3 or 4 a.m., or in Newburg, you will see truck after truck coming off the turnpike in Newburg, and off Interstate 81 at Scotland, bringing trash to our landfills.

You address this issue as "OUR LANDFILLS", there is no "our" in the landfill ownership,unless you happen to own shares of Waste Management. The companies that own the local landfills have a huge investment in the facilities. Out of state trash is not different from in state trash, and does not pose any special hazzard. Why don't you move to New York. Since they don't have as many landfills, you will have a lower risk of cancer and other ailments.
Lil John

Mount Holly Springs, PA

#7 Apr 21, 2008
Anon wrote:
I also want to address the landfill use. If you happen to be on Interstate 81 at 3 or 4 a.m., or in Newburg, you will see truck after truck coming off the turnpike in Newburg, and off Interstate 81 at Scotland, bringing trash to our landfills.
You address this issue as "OUR LANDFILLS", there is no "our" in the landfill ownership,unless you happen to own shares of Waste Management. The companies that own the local landfills have a huge investment in the facilities. Out of state trash is not different from in state trash, and does not pose any special hazzard. Why don't you move to New York. Since they don't have as many landfills, you will have a lower risk of cancer and other ailments.
I'm not sure what side of the fence you're on but the "ours" refers to Pa land., Why don't the haulers dump the trash in their own state? Because the residents of that state doesn't want it.

When the current landfill gets filled up will they just build another maybe in your neighborhood.

Why not build the next one in the states that are hauling their trash here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chambersburg Public Opinion (Mar '09) 2 hr BDS01 8
News Franklin County area police log (Jan '11) Mar 18 duck man 5
Pot Feb '17 Michelle 1
News Peggy Ann Bradnick Jackson to open Fulton Fall ... (Oct '08) Feb '17 Snowflake 112
News GANGS IN FRANKLIN COUNTY? After arrests of Bloo... (Aug '10) Feb '17 Pappy 102
News AARP to offer tax preparation help (Jan '11) Jan '17 In2peace 4
Vincent martz Dec '16 martz friends 1

Newburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newburg Mortgages