Police log

The following reports were taken from information supplied by area law enforcement agencies Sunday: - Chambersburg ACCIDENT: Chambersburg Police are looking for a dump truck that hit a vehicle driven by Susan ... Full Story
Just a thought

Barnesville, OH

#1 Jul 14, 2008
You'd think that with the massiveness (?) of the accident in Guilford Township (four motorcycles and one auto) that lead to four ambulances and two helicopters, someone would have covered the story that day from the site. P.O., you can't count on people giving you free pics all the time.

“Not fallen”

Since: May 08

WalMartBoro, PA

#2 Jul 14, 2008
AA Hall Damage: The back door was damaged too.

Whoever you are--The meetings will go on, believe me.

Don't try this when people are around; there are some very tough and sober guys there.
Jessica Fahnestock

Carlisle, PA

#3 Jul 14, 2008
Why do people have to cut in the middle of a funerl driving to put a family member to peace? If it was their family and they were in the funeral they would not like someone tocut in front of them. It was July 10th and just on lincoln way there were 3 cars that cut in front of us right in front of mcdonalds. Isnt it the law ro they should make it the law. Dont cut in front of funeral lines!!!!
what

Newville, PA

#4 Jul 14, 2008
Jessica Fahnestock wrote:
Why do people have to cut in the middle of a funerl driving to put a family member to peace? If it was their family and they were in the funeral they would not like someone tocut in front of them. It was July 10th and just on lincoln way there were 3 cars that cut in front of us right in front of mcdonalds. Isnt it the law ro they should make it the law. Dont cut in front of funeral lines!!!!
What do you expect from C-burgers?
still confused

Waynesboro, PA

#5 Jul 14, 2008
motorcycles are everywere people and there are going to be more with the price of gas. Please as a rider, and a family of riders look two or three times before you pull out.
Andy

Harrisburg, PA

#6 Jul 14, 2008
still confused wrote:
motorcycles are everywere people and there are going to be more with the price of gas. Please as a rider, and a family of riders look two or three times before you pull out.
I would also wish that motorcycle riders would also be responsible and stop passing in no passing lanes and going 100 mph and weaving in and out of traffic.

It goes both ways.

For every one responsible motorcycle driver, I see two totally irresponsible motorcycle drivers on the road.

I myself have almost killed many motorcyclists on roads because I look in the mirror and see nothing, and go to turn and in less than a second, get passed by a motorcyclist going well over 100mph. More times than I care to count, I have almost side swiped a motorcyclist on I-81 becuase as I look in the mirror, I see nothing behind me, so I put on the signal to change lanes and I simply HEAR the motorcyclist pass me, scarring the crap out of me, as I almost hit them.

It goes both way here. If we are to look out for them, they need to stop this diabolical and maniac ways of driving. Stop passing in no passing zones, stop going 100+ on roads, stop weaving in and out of traffic.

It is too hard to see them to begin with, and riding like this makes it next to impossible.

“Bells”

Since: Apr 08

back yard

#7 Jul 14, 2008
Sometime back, we were in Maryland and a Coke-a-cola truck cut in our procession. But who knows why, maybe he couldn't see all the cars going into,"The Gates to Heaven" or the flags on the cars, and all cars with head lights on?
Jessica Fahnestock wrote:
single and free

Shippensburg, PA

#8 Jul 14, 2008
Just a thought wrote:
You'd think that with the massiveness (?) of the accident in Guilford Township (four motorcycles and one auto) that lead to four ambulances and two helicopters, someone would have covered the story that day from the site. P.O., you can't count on people giving you free pics all the time.
it is to my understanding that 2 of the bikers are in hershey and i know the 1 did have a helmet on

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 08

Hagerstown, MD

#9 Jul 14, 2008
"...the door handle and lock to the door busted"
The only words missing from grammatically confusing phrase is "was done".
"..the door handle and lock to the door [was done] busted".
Yeee Haw!
i smell conspiracy

Newville, PA

#10 Jul 14, 2008
cyclists think they own the highways. plain and simple. they think because they are smaller sized vehicles that they can navigate through construction sites, no passing zones, etc.
Chief PawPaw

Newburg, PA

#11 Jul 14, 2008
The accident reported at Chickentown Road and R30 was caused by someone pulling out in front of a motorcycle. To avoid hitting the car pulling from Shaffs Moble Homes, the motorcyclist left his east bound lane and collided with 3 bikes traveling west bound on R30. At least one biker and numerous others have been injured and killed at this spot. It has nothing to do with Chickentown Road and everything to do with people going westbound onto R30 from the Mobile Home Park. At certain hours of the day people have trouble seeing when they pull out from that point. It's also a good spot for eastbounders on R30 to be laying into it, speedwise. A perfect formula for horrible accidents.
Concerned motorist

Woodland, PA

#13 Aug 1, 2008
In regards to Motorcyclists ? I have respect for all persons operating a motor vehicle on the highway. I have seen time and time again and has happened to myself several times, oncomming motorcylists operating their bikes riding the yellow line forcing me to move from my lane of traffic. Once I refused to move as I was in my lane of traffic and not near the yellow line and this biker had the nerve to give me a very dirty look when he was operating his vehicle between the yellow lines on Anderson Creek Hill. Most recently I followed two bikes South on SR 219 with a female leading a male rider. The first bike road directly between the double yellow lines for several miles then when rounding a curve she continued riding in the center of the raodway between the yellow lines. Yes I see the signs persons have posted all around "Motorcycles are everywhere" yes in deed they are everywhere on the road where they should not be. Also helemts should be worn. We drive these 4000 pound plus autos and are protected by the surrounding sheetmetal and are required by law to wear a seat belt. A cyclist does not wear a seat belt or helmet, just required eye protection. Check with other states that have repealed the helmet laws, injuries and death to bike riders have esculated, alomost double in some other states. I would have a bike myself but have health problems that hinder myself from riding. Be safe bikers and I always watch out for you. Happy riding.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kampf and Tobash: Fast action needed on public ... Feb 7 Joe 11
Measles outbreak shines harsh spotlight on anti... Jan 31 BAD SCIENCE 1
"... about my mother, I'm trying to get the fac... Jan '15 DON MEEHAN 2
vince martz (Jul '14) Dec '14 matt raffer 2
Middletown man arrested and charged in Shippens... (Oct '10) Dec '14 ArgoArgoArgo 28
Franklin County area police log (Aug '10) Dec '14 Azraelstcloud 6
Police: Theft at Weis Markets in Gettysburg cou... (Apr '14) Oct '14 Pink Eye 26
Newburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Newburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:11 pm PST

Bleacher Report 9:11PM
Eagles' Blueprint for Winning Free Agency
NBC Sports 3:31 AM