Trial held for man accused of sexuall...

Trial held for man accused of sexually assaulting girls in his ...

There are 25 comments on the Public Opinion story from Apr 10, 2010, titled Trial held for man accused of sexually assaulting girls in his .... In it, Public Opinion reports that:

By KEITH PARADISE Staff writer -------------------- The judge's verdict in the bench trial of a former Franklin County resident accused of sexually assaulting two young girls under his care is expected within a week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
What Happened Too

Hagerstown, MD

#1 Apr 10, 2010
That guy from Mercersburg from last summer that went to york via the internet to visit some girl but, he was set up by the cops? Is he still in the slammer? I think he had something to do with a softball team or something.
right on

Chambersburg, PA

#2 Apr 10, 2010
just one of many of these old men from Franklin Co. and this one was FINALLY caught at his dirt.Children and Youth should get some more of them......!
Lawman

Reedsville, PA

#3 Apr 10, 2010
Nguyen you are a disgusting example of a human being.
timber

Chambersburg, PA

#4 Apr 10, 2010
How is there no evidence in this case? Sounds like Children and Youth should have done a little more work on this. They had what-2 years to investigate.
IDK, sounds a little iffy. So, we just have the tesimony of the 2 girls.
If that's truly all the evidence they have, how'd this go to court? Did the old man incriminate himself somehow and then back-pedal? Were the other chldren who lived in the house interviewed?
just sounds like we're not getting the whole story here or something.
georgia

Reedsville, PA

#5 Apr 10, 2010
timber wrote:
How is there no evidence in this case? Sounds like Children and Youth should have done a little more work on this. They had what-2 years to investigate.
IDK, sounds a little iffy. So, we just have the tesimony of the 2 girls.
If that's truly all the evidence they have, how'd this go to court? Did the old man incriminate himself somehow and then back-pedal? Were the other chldren who lived in the house interviewed?
just sounds like we're not getting the whole story here or something.
No there is plenty of evidence, that is the "go to excuse". That and "the girls are lying it is all a made up story".

He's guilty and he's going down.
mickey inn police

Chambersburg, PA

#6 Apr 10, 2010
what kind of name is that and where did he come from? why cant we have public hangings, if would make people think more.
timber

Chambersburg, PA

#7 Apr 10, 2010
georgia wrote:
<quoted text>
No there is plenty of evidence, that is the "go to excuse". That and "the girls are lying it is all a made up story".
He's guilty and he's going down.
If there's plenty of evidence then why isn't it given for the story? Is there DNA, witnessses, confession, what?
And I'm sorry but sometimes kids do lie or are coerced. I seem to remember a daycare center (McMartin) where the kids alleged Satanic rituals and all sorts of sex abuse and it was eventually (after people's lives were ruined) determined to be all lies.
So, pardon me if I'd like to know what the evidence is.
Steelworker

Gettysburg, PA

#9 Apr 10, 2010
I agree timber. It's his word against thiers. I say he probably walks.
Steelworker

Gettysburg, PA

#10 Apr 10, 2010
I agree timber. It's his word against thiers. I think he probably walks.
timber

Chambersburg, PA

#11 Apr 10, 2010
Steelworker wrote:
I agree timber. It's his word against thiers. I say he probably walks.
See, that's the thing, if he's guilty, he should go to jail but at the same time, ifthere's no actual evidence other than their word...that's scary for us all because then, anybody could be accused and end up in court...and how do you prove you didn't do something X years ago? The burden of prove is supposed to be on the state to prove him guilty...so... where's the proof and what is it?
Devils Advocate

Reedsville, PA

#12 Apr 10, 2010
timber wrote:
<quoted text>
So, pardon me if I'd like to know what the evidence is.
Then go to school and be a Judge.
born here

United States

#13 Apr 10, 2010
What Happened Too wrote:
That guy from Mercersburg from last summer that went to york via the internet to visit some girl but, he was set up by the cops? Is he still in the slammer? I think he had something to do with a softball team or something.
Nope, out of the slammer. last I heard, hearing was postponed and he's walking around like nothing ever happened. Interesting for sure.
REDSHIRT

Bainbridge, PA

#14 Apr 10, 2010
Sounds to me like he had a pedophiles dream situation.

A steady flow of children into the home(12)
Taking on the doting father role-- taking in the poor homeless helpless kids.
The wife or Mother was sick and unattentive, dying 4 years ago leaving him alone to abuse the kids and get his sexual fix.

These cases are the ones that seem the most likely being true.

I can only hope that these girls are in homes that understand what they went through and are taking teh proper measures to ensure that they can move past this and thrive as independent successful women.
iknow

United States

#17 Apr 10, 2010
What Happened Too wrote:
You're right, he did coach a girls softball team. hmhmhmhm.
No trust

Newville, PA

#18 Apr 10, 2010
How can so many people act like they KNOW he's guilty without actual proof? I recall women claiming rape because they were afraid they would get pregnant from their sexual escapades and sully their wonderful reputation, and then they later recanted their stories. They should be sentenced to the punishment the alleged rapist would have gotten, in my opinion. I've also heard of mothers making up stories about a father molesting their kid during separations/divorces/marital problems, in order to "get back at" the guy.

If he actually did this, I hope he rots in Hell, but I've heard of so many other cases where females make up lies like that for whatever reason, that I'd hate to be quick to judge, esp. if he IS innocent. My lying, hypocritical, deceitful, judgmental sister-in-law who calls herself a "Christian", claimed to her step-daughter that she was raped once. Funny how my husband(her brother), never knew anything about it. She's been caught in so many actual lies that I'd never believe anything she says, to include that claim.
Oh my Gosh

AOL

#19 Apr 10, 2010
Why did the Children not say anything for over 2 years? What have the other children said about their step dad and his behaviour? Why didn't Children and youth ask these questions WHEN they were removed from his home?? Why 2 years later?? I would think the first question asked of these young ladies by dyfs was.... Was there and sexual abuse by your father??? The charges should have been filed THEN when they were removed from the home. I doubt anything was said that he abused them sexually as he had visitation with them afterwards.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOO, why the allegations 2 years later and what proof do they have that this man did it? Don't get me wrong, if he is a pedophile/ molester, whatever, he belongs in jail but realize too how easy it is to accuse someone of doing something if they have pissed you off in some way. He moved back to live with his brother.. Did the kids feel abandoned or left out of any money they feel they were deserved? Kids can be brutal when they don't get their way and make up all kinds of stories and destroy innocent lives.. I say this mans past needs to be gone over with a fine tooth comb for any signs of sexual abuse and every child he had living with him needs to be interviews fully and get their story as well.
Humphrey

Annapolis, MD

#20 Apr 10, 2010
Many times children of that age are so afraid to say anything, sometimes they are told to be quiet and not tell or sometime worse might happen to them or a loved one. Yes, many times stories are made up by the person themselves, or someone else will tell them to say these things, altho many of the times are as I said before they are afraid, as they get older and get more information about such actions, they realize that they no longer have to be afraid so they come forth with the information. We don't know the whole story, but,as I have stated before in my former post, that is the perfect solution, and if more persons realized the out come they would be more afraid to commit these actions against children., or anyone else. Yes, there are liars such as grown women, they should have the letter L branded on their cheeks. How many would like that for everyone to see?
Anonymous Citizen

Greencastle, PA

#21 Apr 10, 2010
This is the kind of thing social workers get off on - repeatedly asking kids if someone touched them inappropriately. The questions get more and more pointed and explicit until the kids go along with it, and believe it themselves.

They were under the influence of social workers for two or more years. I wonder how much leeway his lawyer(s) were given to cross examine these girls, or have access to psychiatrist's records for them.

Given two years of time, one could convince young, vulnerable girls who had lost both parents (one to death, one they were taken away from) of just about anything.
single and free

Gettysburg, PA

#23 Apr 10, 2010
i will not say this man is guilty or not guilty but yes social workers do get young children to believe things happen to them that really don't...as for why so many children adopted just from the name i would venture to guess that he is Vietnamese or Chinese or one of the orientals and in they're heritage if you have many children you are very rich.Maybe he and his departed wife could not have children of their own so that is why they adopted and gave a home to children in need. It is not up to us to judge him but up to the court of laws.
Nguyen

Chambersburg, PA

#24 Apr 10, 2010
mickey inn police wrote:
what kind of name is that and where did he come from? why cant we have public hangings, if would make people think more.
Nguyen is by the far the most prevalent Vietnamese surname. Approximately 40% of all the Vietnamese have this last name.

Sort of like Smith and Jones in the US.

Or Trash if you're from Mickey Inn...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Susquehanna Slam 16u softball Aug '17 chadshimko 1
News Franklin County area police log (Apr '10) Apr '17 Tony 9
Pot (Feb '17) Apr '17 Rexroth 2
News Chambersburg Public Opinion (Mar '09) Mar '17 30packaday 10
News Franklin County area police log (Jan '11) Mar '17 duck man 5
News Peggy Ann Bradnick Jackson to open Fulton Fall ... (Oct '08) Feb '17 Snowflake 112
News GANGS IN FRANKLIN COUNTY? After arrests of Bloo... (Aug '10) Feb '17 Pappy 102

Newburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newburg Mortgages