Kershaw's Matthews selected 2014 `She...

Kershaw's Matthews selected 2014 `Sheriff of the Year`

There are 2 comments on the WIS-TV Columbia story from May 8, 2014, titled Kershaw's Matthews selected 2014 `Sheriff of the Year`. In it, WIS-TV Columbia reports that:

Projected No. 1 overall NFL Draft pick Jadeveon Clowney sat down with Jimmy Fallon on "The Tonight Show" Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIS-TV Columbia.

Positivep

Ardsley, NY

#1 May 10, 2014
Hello Sheriff Matthews,
I'm wondering if you know what's going on at Kershaw Correctional Institution.
I think your Warden needs help with keeping an eye on her officers.
They seem to be running the place and not her.
Please if you could, tell me why some inmates are being held in lock up for made up reasons?
Example, there is an inmate in lock up because one of the officer works has a personal vendetta. The man was not convicted of something the officer feels he should have been.
This officer has the Warden believing that the inmate has a history of robbing other inmates but that is a lie! He's trying to get back at him.!
Sir, this inmate has never been in Karshaw before, these no history of such.
Please look into this issue.
I will not stop, I will start calling the mayors office if I have to.
I have reached out to the Warden several times and each time the person who answers the phone says she's not available. The last time I called, it was on a Thursday. I was told she, the warden would be out until the following monday. That Monday when I called, she was in a meeting, and that I would be receiving a call back from her. That was two months ago, I'm still waiting for her call back...:-(
I look forward to hearing from soon on this issue.
I would like to Thank You in advance....
Warden of Kershaw

Columbia, SC

#2 Dec 23, 2014
Positivep wrote:
Hello Sheriff Matthews,
I'm wondering if you know what's going on at Kershaw Correctional Institution.
I think your Warden needs help with keeping an eye on her officers.
They seem to be running the place and not her.
Please if you could, tell me why some inmates are being held in lock up for made up reasons?
Example, there is an inmate in lock up because one of the officer works has a personal vendetta. The man was not convicted of something the officer feels he should have been.
This officer has the Warden believing that the inmate has a history of robbing other inmates but that is a lie! He's trying to get back at him.!
Sir, this inmate has never been in Karshaw before, these no history of such.
Please look into this issue.
I will not stop, I will start calling the mayors office if I have to.
I have reached out to the Warden several times and each time the person who answers the phone says she's not available. The last time I called, it was on a Thursday. I was told she, the warden would be out until the following monday. That Monday when I called, she was in a meeting, and that I would be receiving a call back from her. That was two months ago, I'm still waiting for her call back...:-(
I look forward to hearing from soon on this issue.
I would like to Thank You in advance....
The reason that the person is in lock-up is because they are an inmate. Inmates do not have very many rights. The reason that you have not heard back from anybody is because there is very little concern with an inmate who feels they are being "mistreated." One thing that you can do is, encourage your inmate "friend" to follow the law and the rules. This way he does not find himself in prison. I am certain that your comment is appreciated but do not expect anyone to really care too much about this. It sounds like you have become an annoyance more than anything. Perhaps this is why your concerns have been ignored.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News County Council District 2 answer questions Jun '16 Lksuber 1
News Democratic candidates for House District 40 fac... Jun '16 Lksuber 1
News James Brown FOIA case heads to Aiken Apr '16 Mary Anne 1
Fireworks or Explosions (Feb '16) Feb '16 mare1102 1
Andrew Harrah (Jan '16) Jan '16 Alex 1
Adoption Search (Jan '16) Jan '16 CandaceM 1
South Carolina Bottle & Whitmire Museum (Jul '15) Jul '15 mariamcmurtury 1

Newberry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance