Fatal Accident in Newberry County Backs up Interstate 26

There are 20 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Aug 11, 2007, titled Fatal Accident in Newberry County Backs up Interstate 26. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

A fatal accident in Newberry County has both sides of 1-26 backed up this evening.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
GGQ

United States

#3 Aug 11, 2007
That stretch of interstate always makes me nervous when I drive it.
linda from NC

Maiden, NC

#4 Aug 11, 2007
I was there - looked like someone hydo'd in sudden rain shower we were driving thru - started a little chain reaction - nobody's fault that I could see.
keeping it real

United States

#5 Aug 11, 2007
columbia WARLOCK wrote:
and just think...I gotta drive out to Jackson Mississippi Monday morning.....
I will pray for your safety, you will be find. Have a safe trip.:0)
A Friend

Nanuet, NY

#6 Aug 11, 2007
This was a friend of my wife and I, she lost one of her little boys tonight in this crash.
Nette

Columbia, SC

#9 Aug 12, 2007
the accident was terrible. one child had a broken leg. the mother was on the ground devastated and in shock. the child face was totally mutilated and arm parts were missing. it was horrible
linda from NC

Maiden, NC

#10 Aug 12, 2007
God bless this family in their loss. I had a car full of children with me and we were just minutes behind the accident...it was a sad sight but there were many people stopped trying to help. Putting themselves at risk just being out in the interstate with the traffic...God bless them too. Our interstates are dangerous - even if you're the best driver. My heart goes out to everyone involved.
IVEY AND CRAIG LOVETT

AOL

#11 Aug 12, 2007
OUR HEARTS GO OUT TO ROBBIE. WE DIDN'T KNOW DAKOTA BUT WE KNOW HIS GRANDMOTHER LUCY COOK AND SHE IS ABSOLUTELY HEARTBROKEN. LET'S PRAY FOR SIERRA AND HER MOM. WE ARE PRAYING FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY.
B Clark

Swansea, SC

#12 Aug 12, 2007
My husband hates the interstate. This is such a tragic story and all I know to do is pray for them all. My heart goes out to the family.
B Clark

Swansea, SC

#13 Aug 12, 2007
columbia WARLOCK wrote:
and just think...I gotta drive out to Jackson Mississippi Monday morning.....
I hope you have a safe trip.
SVG

United States

#14 Aug 12, 2007
Precious One, may God continue to hold you close to him. Peace to the entire family!
SLV

United States

#15 Aug 12, 2007
Keeping the family is my thoughts and prayers. As a parent, it breaks my heart to hear things like this.

Warlock - safe travels to ya!
Kayla

Holly Springs, NC

#17 Aug 12, 2007
O my god. You just dont know how bad I miss Dakota! out of all those cars.. he was the one! it will take me the MOST time to get over the death. but i will NEVER forget you dakota!!! you will ALWAYS be remembered! I know you in gods hands now walking those streets of gold! Its just sad you had to leave SO soon!! you had a very long life ahead of you. You were the AWESOMIST little chicken man anyone could ask for. ha. I miss you dakota! you will ALWAYS be in my hearts. Im sad your gone and I pray for your family. Everything happens the way god planned. I kinda wish I could got to know you a little better, But then again not because I wouldn't want to get attached to you && the all of a sudden .... God. I remember the last time I saw you smile was at Skateaway USA. me && Taelor walked in && you cheesed REAL big &&... now its just..wow i cant believe it actually happened! I was looking at your myspace, And right when i saw your picture.. it was..wow I couldn't stop crying! BOY i miss you!! I wish you could just wish you could come back!. I wish I could RE-WIND time && call harley && tell him to STAY OFF the road.:( but I cant now its already happened! Maybe it I just pretend that NONE of this happened.. Then it didnt. It I ignore att the talk && just think ..no Dakotas just on a vacation. A nice warm BEAUTIFUL vacation. And he'll Never be back!
Well theirs one thing im FORSURE about.. you are MISSED GREATLY!! theirs nothing I wouldnt do to get you back. I would give you my life so you could live yours. im only 13..so what? I dont care. This makes me NEVER want to get close to people, that way when I loose them.. It wont hurt as bad. You were a hyper child. You made me laugh all the time! You really were the best. I cannot even IMAGINE what your family is going through! Theirs noone here and im crying my eyes out becasue Im not good with dealing with death..I wish I could just trade spots with you!! I wish I could!!!! But it's okay!...Your in Gods hands, and I KNOW he'll take WAY good care of you!! I went through the Newspaper today, NOTHING.. not a dang thing! but now I know about it. And god Dakota (anthony) You'llALWAYS be remembered!!!
2 good
2 be
_____
4 gotten
I love you ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!
I know you in heaven looking down on us all!!!
-Love,
Kayla.
michala barnum

Inman, SC

#18 Aug 12, 2007
his brother is my friend harley miller and i feel so srry for him if yur out there harley srry for the lose i no yur bro is lookin down on u
Hailey

Greenwood, SC

#19 Aug 12, 2007
Dakota was like my little brother. I mean he was JUST sitting with me at church last Wednesday. && Also JUST sitting in FRONT of me at the restaurant after church and now hes gone. I cant stop crying. He was only 11.. Hes finally home.

RIP Anthony Dakota Miller.
I'll Miss You Chicken Man<3
RIP Dakota Miller

Holly Springs, NC

#20 Aug 12, 2007
I will always remember u.....R.I.P. I love you!!!
Love,
Haley B.
RIP Dakota Miller

Holly Springs, NC

#21 Aug 12, 2007
Nette wrote:
the accident was terrible. one child had a broken leg. the mother was on the ground devastated and in shock. the child face was totally mutilated and arm parts were missing. it was horrible
His arm parts were missing?? omg he was my good freind!! he would always brighten my day!! I miss him so much!!
Kayla

Holly Springs, NC

#22 Aug 12, 2007
I dont live in Ramseur, NC I live in Ninetysix, South carolina. idky it says tht.
WColaGal

United States

#23 Aug 12, 2007
Nette wrote:
I am so sorry you were misguided enough to share this information (if it is true). You should have thought about the people that knew and loved this little one - especially the children. Now you have given them horrible visions they do not deserve to have to deal with. Shame on you!
WColaGal

United States

#24 Aug 12, 2007
P.S. Condolences to his family and friends. Think of all the beautiful memories and not the details of the accident.
single mom

United States

#25 Aug 12, 2007
I am soo sorry to hear about this accident. I work nights, so seeing the news or reading a paper i just haven't done. My thoughts and prayers goes out to the family. May God Bless. As I was reading these posts, my eyes filled up with tears. I have never lost a child, but i have a parent, and I am sure its' not the same. You are in my prayers. May God Bless the Family or Families
Casper, WY

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Linda Woodson (formerly Kneece) (Jul '14) Feb '15 Local gal 4
Relocating to SC: How is Newberry? Feb '15 Leaving KY 1
Lookin for (Jul '14) Dec '14 A lady from Newberry 2
News SC authorities place 4 disabled men in protecti... Dec '14 Mark Winshel 1
News Kershaw's Matthews selected 2014 `Sheriff of th... (May '14) Dec '14 Warden of Kershaw 2
family of (Jun '11) Dec '14 SKA 4
looking for friend (Nov '14) Dec '14 SKA 5
More from around the web

Newberry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]