Your Opinion of Newberry...Should I M...

Your Opinion of Newberry...Should I Move There?

Posted in the Newberry Forum

Bluegrass Boy

United States

#1 Sep 6, 2008
Hi. I live in Kentucky. As one who usually visits Myrtle Beach once a year, I have stopped on the outskirts of Newberry once or twice on the way to the beach to have something to eat. I have been impressed with what I have seen. It looks to be a very clean, pretty place. I am considering relocating somewhere closer to the beach and I would like everyone's imput on Newberry. Is it a place I should give consideration to moving my family to? How is the local economy? Is it a fairly low crime place? I am a college teacher. What are the opportunities for work in higher education? Just give me an overall impression of both the good and the bad of your city. Please be honest. I like what I have seen when passing through. Thanks so much.
nbygal4life

Augusta, GA

#2 Sep 10, 2008
Newberry is a wonderful small Southern town with ALL the benefits you could want -
very low crime
a growing private College
a growing technical College
a rehabilitated Historic downtown that boost a world class entertainment facility in the Newberry Opera House
an aggressive City government that has successfully better the city areas by addressing everything from improved street lighting, to landscaping, to free WyFi in downtown.
Schools - the City of Newberry schools leave something to be desired but the rural schools are wonderful. The School system has spent millions in the past 8 years to improve facilities. We also have a terrific Private School, Newberry Academy.
Don't miss your chance - pack today - move tomorrow.:)
nbygal4life
NEVER again-

United States

#3 Sep 10, 2008
AND all that means in short is TAXES,-BIG TAXES. Do your research then you'll stay where you are.
majic man

Grundy, VA

#4 Mar 17, 2014
could anyone give me any insight on how to get on at caterpiller in newberry cty sc. plan on moveing there hopefully soon lived there in the ninetys.im a industrail painter worked on assembly lines painting for years also automobiles and plenty of fiber glass boat exsperience,.want to move to chapin though really liked it there.any info would be appreciated thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New worship opportunity for people, pets Jun 13 RevKen 7
Linda Woodson (formerly Kneece) (Jul '14) Feb '15 Local gal 4
Relocating to SC: How is Newberry? Feb '15 Leaving KY 1
Lookin for (Jul '14) Dec '14 A lady from Newberry 2
News SC authorities place 4 disabled men in protecti... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Mark Winshel 1
News Kershaw's Matthews selected 2014 `Sheriff of th... (May '14) Dec '14 Warden of Kershaw 2
family of (Jun '11) Dec '14 SKA 4
More from around the web

Newberry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Newberry Mortgages