Newberg Ford Business Practices
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kristen10opal

Bristol, IN

#21 Jul 9, 2010
I have been in marketing/sales for over 15 years and it is a rare find when the company actually delivers on its slogan. Newberg Ford is a refreshing surprise in that they actually do “Just Work Harder” and smile while they do it. Our needs came first and finding the right truck with all that entails was no trouble. Dale Sykes is not your typical salesman, he works hard and makes no apologies for it (you cant help but notice that is his standard operating procedure.) One might expect sour faces and complaints with all of the test drives and decision mulling we put Steve Clay through but he stayed cool as a cucumber the entire time sharing his knowledge and expertise of the different makes and models. What can I say, they actually put our best interest at heart and made sure we walked away completely satisfied with price, selection and service. WE ABSOLUTELY DID!!!
The Newbie

Newberg, OR

#22 Jul 27, 2010
bob saget wrote:
<quoted text>
your dumb
...and you can't spell! Sheesh
Pete Buffington

Portland, OR

#23 Nov 14, 2010
A woman wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Good ol boy" club of salesman usually screws women over, I wouldn't be promoting that saying if I were you! It has developed a negative vibe with a lot of folks.
This comment by a man hater is what is wrong with these sites. Anybody, with any agenda gets to hide behind anonimity. Good ole boys is a term of endearment, so get over it dike!
jockey

United States

#24 Oct 15, 2011
Wilsonville Chevrolet - biggest rip offs on the block. Kevin took all our money for a lemon.
Wilsonville Chevrolete wrote:
If you want a GREAT experience...Wilsonville Chevrolete and ask for Kevin.
I am a loyal customer for over 10 years and have bought my last 4 cars from them. Trust me they are something special and the experience is amazing. I trust them and especially Kevin. I am someone who does not like going to Car Dealerships. Kevin is such an honest person that you feel there feeling great.
Kelly
Brandon Rush

Newberg, OR

#25 Mar 3, 2012
Ahhh, Newberg Ford.. I believe their motto is "We just work harder for you" I'm pretty sure that is what they say... WOW, could that be far from the truth! AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE!
First of all John "Scam/stuck up" Kerekanich is by far the worst owner of all time. He is not worried about the customer at all, he wants to make a fast buck and that is what he teaches his floor sales people who he hires. If you he finds out your company or you has more money then what you are saying he will swarm you like sharks to blood. Stay away from him and his fake tan.
The sales team. Correction, the sales monkeys who work there are by far the most sleaziest of them all, but they do get that from the owner. When you drive into the dealership the first thing that will happen is you will see about 6 heads pop up from their computers and will start walking around waiting for you to park. Once you park, you are nothing more then a fish about to be eaten, the smell of cheap cologne and cigarettes fills your nose once they get near you. So beware of the smell once they come up to you. They don't listen to you either, they pressure you worse then most dealerships and whatever you say will go in one ear and out the other. So your going to find yourself repeating a lot of what you said. And if you have a wife or daughter, make sure they do not come with you at all. The group of sales guys are the MOST SEXUAL PIGHEADED TYPE OF PEOPLE you will ever meet in your life. And if you by chance happen to do research on any type of car or something the salesmen become upset and got their manager to try to sell you the car. The dealer doesn't honor price quoted numbers for trade in's. Speaking with the general sales manager did nothing to fix the problem, he will keep insisting you are lying.
The car fetcher they have working there isn't the best. He seems to be a little off, and I'm not sure if he has a stomach issue but on many times with getting my car back or a clients car, he has smelled that car up bad. BAD. Like I had to get out of the car and buy some air freshener ASAP!
The mechanics are pretty good, they are just there to work on your car and do their best. You will notice some muddy oil feet prints in your car, but I hear it comes out with spit shin! Not to mention the smell of smoke in your car since all of them mostly smoke or chew tobacco. Their service manager will "do his best" to help you resolve a problem, but all he seems to do is run to the owner and they will come back telling you "There is nothing you can do for you" or the best answer "We can take about 50 dollars off the bill" which leaves you with a smelly car, dirty foot prints and parts you probably didn't want on your car as well.
The body shop is great, at least they know what the heck they are doing for your car. It will take you about 2 months to get your car back because they don't always seem to think that your car is high priority to them unless you give them a little extra or your best friends with the owner. Not to mention the dust they leave in your car and the paint looking foot prints again in your car.
Parts is great, usually don't have what you want but will work hard to get you what you need. At times the parts countermen Ed will start talking to you for about 10 mins about nothing or about an old car he once had, fun kinda old guy who I think just wants to tell his story. But, parts has an idea what is going on with things. Not a lot, but some. You may only wait 4 weeks for a small little part that is coming from Portland because they are too lazy to call you and inform you that your part has arrived.
"We just work harder for you".. No, they work hard at scamming you. Maybe its because of the small town dealership, but honestly if you need a good dealership stay away from this place! Take the extra time to drive further out to find a better dealership that wont hold you over the barrel for a car. Not a good place at all and not good people at all!
Carguy

Englewood, OH

#26 Sep 19, 2012
I had New car trouble in ohio with delayed title service. The dealership gave me a dealer plate to use while I waited for the mistake to be corrected. A free oil change and an apology came my way unsolicited. No one tried to hustle me after the fact. So I felt the dealership was trying to help. This Oregon dealer seems to be playing games like the American dealers of the 1970's who lost market share to Honda. Must be a union shop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newberg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dog Abuse Near Coffee Stand and Arco in Dundee Jun '17 animallivesmatter 1
Grey/silver dodge neon (May '17) May '17 Shorty 1
Surgery Center at Tanasbourne (May '17) May '17 news 1
News Man leads police on high-speed chase in stolen ... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Evilgelicalling 5
Hows living in Hillsboro? (Feb '17) Feb '17 Maybe Hillsboro Cit 1
People of Newberg (Sep '08) Aug '16 Newberg or police 2
News Local crews battle flames, save homes in Easter... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Umm Duhh 2

Newberg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newberg Mortgages