Newberg Ford Business Practices

Posted in the Newberg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Patrick

United States

#1 Oct 12, 2007
I purchased a used car from Newberg Ford in July and have yet to receive a title for the vehicle.

I even paid cash!

Not only have they not sent me a title, but I don't have a front license plate. Plus the tags are up in February and I am getting kind of nervous about what to do.

The car has had issues -- I won't lie -- but I can't even sell it because I don't have a title.

I have never heard bad things about Newberg Ford, which is why I bought a used car from them, but after this experience I can say I won't go back!
BRAD WALLRICH GSM

Tualatin, OR

#2 Nov 4, 2007
THIS CUSTOMER FAILED TO RETURN OUR PHONE CALLS OR E-MAILS UNTIL JUST RECENTLY, A PHONE CALL WAS SET UP WITH HIM BUT DUE TO HIS SCHEDULE HE CANCELLED. IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT THERE WAS A VALID TITLE TO THIS VEHICLE AT THE TIME THE VEHICLE WAS PURCHASED. HOWEVER, THE PREVIOUS OWNER HAD DIED AND LEFT THE VEHICLE TO SON WHICH WE WERE UNAWARE OF. THE DELAY IN PROVIDING THE TITLE TO THE CUSTOMER, WHICH HE NOW HAS,RESULTED FROM DIFFICULTIES IN OBTAINING A DUPLICATE TITLE BECAUSE OF ESTATE ISSUES.
Mark Seeley

United States

#3 Jan 4, 2008
No, you guys just suck because Brad you need to know that the owner just wants money for him. They are a slow business that rip people off the minute they walk in to look at a car. I mean Ford wants 7,000 dollars for a car that has high miles and is 4 years old? Come on that is a highway robbery and not good business. They are horrible and I believe the owner should quit because he is just in it for the money and anyone that works there is just a deer in the head light and needs to see how horrible that dealership is.
Chestnutcat

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Feb 13, 2008
I have purchased 2 vehicles from Newberg Ford and both were pleasant transactions and of good value. We go to Newberg for all our regular service needs without any issues. They are always pleaseant and honest and good to deal with. They keep us updated on a regular basis on any scams that might be out there which I consider above and beyond... We go to them because we have had problems at the Landmark (Landshark?) dealer. Any company is as good as thier people, and Newberg has good people.
Wilsonville Chevrolete

Portland, OR

#5 Feb 18, 2008
If you want a GREAT experience...Wilsonville Chevrolete and ask for Kevin.

I am a loyal customer for over 10 years and have bought my last 4 cars from them. Trust me they are something special and the experience is amazing. I trust them and especially Kevin. I am someone who does not like going to Car Dealerships. Kevin is such an honest person that you feel there feeling great.

Kelly
grumpy ex customer

Mcminnville, OR

#6 Apr 3, 2008
Hey folks, not only are these guys owned by Landmark Ford they have no respect for your personal information. I challenge anyone to go into that dealership and go through any of the unlocked drawers and you will find no less than 20 complete credit applications filled out with all your personal information. It's just a matter of time till their half-assed management causes someone thousands of dollars in identity theft. I know cause I went in there and the sales guy jackass pulled my application out of his drawer 2 weeks after I filled it out. He had no idea I was coming in that day. It's all crap and they are rip off artists
hether hill

Independence, OR

#7 Apr 9, 2008
we have a doge and iv pit in it $10000 and the doge plaes had gave me a bad car i wish they gave us a good car
sorry for your troubles

Wilsonville, OR

#8 May 31, 2008
i personally know that Newberg Ford and Landmark Ford are owned by different local gentlemen who frankly are very involved in service to others. I know they are very decent people and would not be out to rip someone off. If you have had a bad experience I am sure sorry to hear about that and maybe you should ask for the owner. I came upon this silly blog while looking for a used car online on the Ford websites for one of my kids and feel that maybe you might get more results on getting what you want if you were to speak to someone in person rather than to waste time trashing someone online.
Loyal Customer

Cambridge, MA

#9 Dec 17, 2008
I have done business with Newberg Ford and Brad Wallrich for years, I have sent numerous customers too Brad and have nothing but positive feedback from them. They to are now loyal customers of Brad. One thing to remember is that so many people walk into car dealerships expecting to be cheated and regardless of how the transaction goes they leave feeling the same way. And let's not forget the "special finance" folks that are upside down in their trades, not a dime to their names and with their 400 credit score expect the deal to go without effort, which also becomes the dealers fault. Bottom line is that the car business is more competitive than ever and I believe Brad and Newberg Ford would go out of their way to make deals with qualified buyers.
Mike Stein

Portland, OR

#10 Jan 19, 2009
I have bought a 2006 F150 and a 2008 Focusa from Newberg Ford. Granted I bought it from their fleet department, but my experience was wonderful. I shopped multiple dealers, and they had the best price at Newberg Ford, and they treated me very well. I have my carand truck serviced there regularly(Mike Jones is so nice), and I can say without a doubt I will go back for a new car in the future, and continue to buy cars from them in the future. Sounds like rotten apples from the people listed ealier in this blog(but what kind of a weannie hides behine a blog anyway)
Polly Puffpaff

Portland, OR

#11 Jan 19, 2009
I like the people at Newberg Ford. I am all alone since Stanley died, but they make me feel special evertime I bring my car in for work. I drive a 1999 Taurus, and will be looking for a new car soon.
Mike McFadden

Portland, OR

#12 Jan 19, 2009
I bought a car truck last year from Newberg Ford, and the transmission went out 6 months later. I talked to the owner at Newberg Ford, and they split the cost with me. I thought that was a ncie gesture on their behalf. It sure helped me out.
Jennifer

Warden, WA

#13 Jan 19, 2009
No deer in the head lights here! I am a business owner and have purchased business vehicles from other places. The last two have been purchased from Newberg Ford (Dale Sykes). I have had the best customer service ever there from any car dealership! I live out of state, both times they have paid for my airfare to come and pick up the vehicles. They have had the best prices. Dale has gone out of his way to be helpful right down to the last detail. I have nothing but good things to say about them!!!!
Steve Porrier

Portland, OR

#14 Jan 19, 2009
Wilsonville Chevrolet is the biggest criminal organization in the Pacific Northwest. "Backyard Barbeque" my ass....They sell cars with tagged titles and have been in the New Orleans flood.
bob saget

Ithaca, NY

#15 Aug 4, 2009
sorry for your troubles wrote:
i personally know that Newberg Ford and Landmark Ford are owned by different local gentlemen who frankly are very involved in service to others. I know they are very decent people and would not be out to rip someone off. If you have had a bad experience I am sure sorry to hear about that and maybe you should ask for the owner. I came upon this silly blog while looking for a used car online on the Ford websites for one of my kids and feel that maybe you might get more results on getting what you want if you were to speak to someone in person rather than to waste time trashing someone online.
your dumb
Im_sure

United States

#16 Aug 11, 2009
These kinds of blogs specifically naming a salesperson at a certain dealership are quite obviously written by the sales person themself tryig to attract more business. It is especially obvious when they have a defensive tone in what they have to say. Now is that someone you want to buy a car from??? Someone who lies or tries to deceive in order to try to get your business??? Get a life!
Loyal Customer wrote:
I have done business with Newberg Ford and Brad Wallrich for years, I have sent numerous customers too Brad and have nothing but positive feedback from them. They to are now loyal customers of Brad. One thing to remember is that so many people walk into car dealerships expecting to be cheated and regardless of how the transaction goes they leave feeling the same way. And let's not forget the "special finance" folks that are upside down in their trades, not a dime to their names and with their 400 credit score expect the deal to go without effort, which also becomes the dealers fault. Bottom line is that the car business is more competitive than ever and I believe Brad and Newberg Ford would go out of their way to make deals with qualified buyers.
Jared

Portland, OR

#17 Jan 10, 2010
Im_sure wrote:
These kinds of blogs specifically naming a salesperson at a certain dealership are quite obviously written by the sales person themself tryig to attract more business. It is especially obvious when they have a defensive tone in what they have to say. Now is that someone you want to buy a car from??? Someone who lies or tries to deceive in order to try to get your business??? Get a life!
<quoted text>
Lol i personally have known Brad for a few years now, and i know for a fact he doesnt have that good of grammer. He is a horrific writer. Done business there for years even before Brad. Great service and good ol boy salesmen. Always a good experince for me. My 2 cents.
A woman

AOL

#18 Jan 12, 2010
Jared wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol i personally have known Brad for a few years now, and i know for a fact he doesnt have that good of grammer. He is a horrific writer. Done business there for years even before Brad. Great service and good ol boy salesmen. Always a good experince for me. My 2 cents.
The "Good ol boy" club of salesman usually screws women over, I wouldn't be promoting that saying if I were you! It has developed a negative vibe with a lot of folks.
Jack of All Trades

United States

#19 Jan 24, 2010
Remind me to stay out of Oregon.
Pete Buffington

Portland, OR

#20 Feb 28, 2010
Whew, there is a lot of good and bad stuff being said. If they are so bad, the AG of Oregon would shut them down. If they are this good, they would be the only dealer in the NOrthwest selling cars. I am happy with my purchase, they treated me well, and they seem very honest, but I am just one person. Go Ducks...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newberg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dog Abuse Near Coffee Stand and Arco in Dundee Jun '17 animallivesmatter 1
Grey/silver dodge neon May '17 Shorty 1
Surgery Center at Tanasbourne May '17 news 1
News Man leads police on high-speed chase in stolen ... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Evilgelicalling 5
Hows living in Hillsboro? (Feb '17) Feb '17 Maybe Hillsboro Cit 1
People of Newberg (Sep '08) Aug '16 Newberg or police 2
News Local crews battle flames, save homes in Easter... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Umm Duhh 2

Newberg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newberg Mortgages