Willamette Valley on an iPhone app

Willamette Valley on an iPhone app

Posted in the Newberg Forum

Seattle, WA

#1 Nov 12, 2009
The largest iPhone blog in the U.S. just published a review of the first iPhone travel guide for the Willamette Valley:

“Anyone who owns an iPhone knows that it's become increasingly difficult to navigate the iTunes App Store, sifting through a maze of mundane apps with hopes of uncovering an authentic gem created to actually make your life easier.
I was genuinely excited to sit down with budding developer and former wine distributor Dana Jackson, to discuss his debut app release which I found to be a rare treat for those who appreciate the art of the find when it comes to discovering new wines. The app takes users on a personal tour of Oregon's Willamette Valley wine region. A tour of wineries that Jackson has hand-tooled to his own specifications.

In sharp contrast to many iPhone travel apps, the Willamette Valley ($4.99) travel guide doesn't rely on scraping data from various websites that anyone with minor search engine skills could easily access online. Every photo, tour map and written review were created and poured over by Jackson himself. Offering up well thought out insights into the Willamette wine region.

One of the app's clever highlights is the Most Overrated - Usual Suspects section where Jackson offers users fair warning about wineries, restaurants and lodging that he considers ho hum tourist traps. Money pits that most of us are drawn to like mindless lemmings simply because we don't know any better."

Read The entire review at:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newberg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Driver's license limits fuel immigration fight (Apr '11) Nov 8 Debrinconcita 24
open forum Oct 29 wldct 1
Review: Commercial Plumbing Services (Aug '12) Aug '15 jstrong196 5
News Local crews battle flames, save homes in Easter... Aug '15 Umm Duhh 2
Woman charged with raping 7-year-old allegedly ... (May '15) May '15 jayko 1
steve Wilson (someone deleted the first) (Dec '14) Apr '15 loud1 2
Bitch @ Cashmax (Mar '15) Mar '15 Ttyi22 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newberg Mortgages