Obama effigy found hanging from Ore. ...

Obama effigy found hanging from Ore. tree

There are 45 comments on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from Sep 24, 2008, titled Obama effigy found hanging from Ore. tree. In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

NEWBERG, Ore. a ' Officials of a small Christian university say a life-size cardboard effigy of Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama was hung from a tree on the campus.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Khalil Spencer

Los Alamos, NM

#1 Sep 24, 2008
Swell. I guess some of these little white folks are getting a little jittery as we approach election day.

Since: Sep 08

Santa Fe

#2 Sep 24, 2008
It's as I have always believed- Organized religion is the root of all evil and you don't have to go to the "bad side of town" to find criminals. Hypocrisy runs rampant in our society and is rewarded, even in white, rich, little Christian schools.
donkeyman

Midland, OR

#3 Sep 24, 2008
what a bunch of b.s.--- probably some red neck strung up a coyote to skin him out, and some left coast lefty figured he could use it to paint oregon as a racist state.
chris

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Sep 24, 2008
Brooklyn, NY

Donkeyman, "left coast lefties" don't have to look to Oregon to find racism; it's all too common here in the so-called "liberal" states

Since: Feb 08

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Sep 24, 2008
Sad to see racism is still around.
chris

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Sep 24, 2008
PS: It really makes you wonder what sort of "Christian" values the perpetratorsmust have. Who Would Jesus Hang?

Since: Feb 08

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Sep 24, 2008
donkeyman wrote:
what a bunch of b.s.--- probably some red neck strung up a coyote to skin him out, and some left coast lefty figured he could use it to paint oregon as a racist state.
I'm sure most people can tell the difference between a coyote & life-size cardboard effigy of Barack Obama.

Can you actually vouch for each & every person in Oregon or that has been to Oregon in the past week that absolutely no one believes that racism is acceptable & hanging an effegy of anyone is harmless fun?
jim hammers

Stuart, FL

#8 Sep 24, 2008
I AM WHITE AND AM A BORN-AGAIN CHRISTIAN. JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE GOES TO A CHRISTIAN SCHOOL..OR CALLS THEMSELVES A CHRISTIAN MEANS NOTHING..IF IT DID HAPPEN..ANYONE WITH AN OUNCE OF SENSE WOULD UNDERSTAND THAT THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE TO THE TEACHINGS OF JESUS.. HOWEVER~~~ ANYONE WHO IS POLITICALLY AWARE--AND A "BORN-AGAIN" CHRISTIAN CAN NOT VOTE FOR ANYONE IN THE DEMOCRAT SOCIALIST PARTY--NOT BECAUSE OF RACE OR GENDER..BUT BECAUSE OF THEIR PARTY'S VIEWS ON HOMOSEXUALITY AND ABORATION..THEIR PARTY EMBRACES THESE CONCEPTS..O..AND BY THE WAY..IF ANYONE STILL THINKS HE DOES NOT HAVE MUSLIM TIES..PLEASE READ HIS FULL NAME VERY CAREFULLY!!! BARACK HUESSIAN OBAMA..WHILE I DO BELIEVE HE IS A GOOD MAN..I CERTAINLY CAN ASSURE THE READER~~BEFORE GOD~~..THIS MAN IS NOT "BORN-AGAIN" AND THAT THERE IS A RACIAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BOTH PARTIES IDEOLOGIES..JESUS IS LORD..NOT ALLAH!!!...HE IS GOD!!!..AND RACIASM IS A SIN THAT MILLIONS WILL PAY A TRRIBLE PRICE FOR ON JUDGEMENT DAY!!...HOW STUPID TO HATE SOMEONE BECAUSE OF THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN!!! MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD!! HAVE A SUPERNATURAL EXPERIENCE WITH JESUS!!!~~ I DID!!~~ FAITH AND REPENTANCE OF YOUR SINS ARE THE KEYS~~~~~YOU CAN CHANGE THE WORLD...LET IT BEGIN WITH YOU!!!!!...GOD BLESS ALL!!!!!
JB Williams

Powhatan Point, OH

#9 Sep 25, 2008
jim hammers wrote:
I AM WHITE AND AM A BORN-AGAIN CHRISTIAN. JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE GOES TO A CHRISTIAN SCHOOL..OR CALLS THEMSELVES A CHRISTIAN MEANS NOTHING..IF IT DID HAPPEN..ANYONE WITH AN OUNCE OF SENSE WOULD UNDERSTAND THAT THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE TO THE TEACHINGS OF JESUS.. HOWEVER~~~ ANYONE WHO IS POLITICALLY AWARE--AND A "BORN-AGAIN" CHRISTIAN CAN NOT VOTE FOR ANYONE IN THE DEMOCRAT SOCIALIST PARTY--NOT BECAUSE OF RACE OR GENDER..BUT BECAUSE OF THEIR PARTY'S VIEWS ON HOMOSEXUALITY AND ABORATION..THEIR PARTY EMBRACES THESE CONCEPTS..O..AND BY THE WAY..IF ANYONE STILL THINKS HE DOES NOT HAVE MUSLIM TIES..PLEASE READ HIS FULL NAME VERY CAREFULLY!!! BARACK HUESSIAN OBAMA..WHILE I DO BELIEVE HE IS A GOOD MAN..I CERTAINLY CAN ASSURE THE READER~~BEFORE GOD~~..THIS MAN IS NOT "BORN-AGAIN" AND THAT THERE IS A RACIAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BOTH PARTIES IDEOLOGIES..JESUS IS LORD..NOT ALLAH!!!...HE IS GOD!!!..AND RACIASM IS A SIN THAT MILLIONS WILL PAY A TRRIBLE PRICE FOR ON JUDGEMENT DAY!!...HOW STUPID TO HATE SOMEONE BECAUSE OF THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN!!! MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD!! HAVE A SUPERNATURAL EXPERIENCE WITH JESUS!!!~~ I DID!!~~ FAITH AND REPENTANCE OF YOUR SINS ARE THE KEYS~~~~~YOU CAN CHANGE THE WORLD...LET IT BEGIN WITH YOU!!!!!...GOD BLESS ALL!!!!!
When you say god bless all i am guessing you mean all but fags and abortionists. You really do not mean a single thing you say. DO you know how many abortions were performed last year in the US? 894000 which is a decrease of 4000 from the preceeding year. Contrast that with this: 4 children; actual born children die every day from abuse: 3 million reported cases of abuse last year with another 9 million or so unreproted. 1 million people were convicted of some form of abuse or neglect last year. What are you doing to help those aready born living breathing children? As the rule goes with you born again types I feel pretty confident in saying you are doing nothing, rather you rail on about 2 things that cannot possibly affect you. queers living their lives and abortion which is of course a private decision between a woman and her care provider. Those abused little girls are 25% more likely to get pregnant as teenagers (I wonder if Bristol Palin falls into this category) 15% of all men in prison were abused as children as were 38% of all women in prison. So instead of voting for McCain and Palin who both have slashed budgets where programs for children are concerned do what Jesus would do and vote for Obama and Biden,
nObama Thank You

United States

#10 Sep 25, 2008
What's the big deal? You can see effigies of Bush being hung every Friday at the corner of Cerrillos and St. Francis.

Since: Sep 08

United States

#11 Sep 25, 2008
Colege pranks are always around, calling this racism is wishful left wing thinking.
KarlaD

Santa Fe, NM

#12 Sep 25, 2008
Don't know history , eh?
nObama Thank You

San Bruno, CA

#13 Sep 25, 2008
KarlaD wrote:
Don't know history , eh?
Are there rules regarding how an effigy is "killed" now? You can't hang the effigy of a black man, but doing so to the effigy of a white man is OK? I guess the rule should be that you have to burn the effigies of black men? Is that better? Sure wouldn't want to offend anyone by portraying the destruction of an effigy in a politically incorrect way.
KarlaD

Santa Fe, NM

#15 Sep 25, 2008
Apparently you don't know any history.

Since: Feb 08

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Oct 1, 2008
FYI:

Oregon school says 4 confessed to Obama effigy
Christian university says students punished; FBI still investigating

A Christian university in Oregon said Tuesday it has punished four students who confessed to hanging a likeness of Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama from a tree on campus.

George Fox University broke the news to students and staff Tuesday afternoon at an all-campus meeting. About 1,000 people attended, said Rob Felton, a university spokesman.

A statement from the school said the penalties against the four students were "immediate long-term suspension and public service." The school cited federal privacy rules in not disclosing more about the students or their punishment.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26963833/
JB Williams

Powhatan Point, OH

#18 Oct 1, 2008
Mellanomah wrote:
How about this quote from Rep. Alcee Hastings :" Anybody toting guns and stripping moose don't care too much about what they do with Jews and Blacks. So, you think it through." He, along with self appointed representative of Black America can say whatever they want and not held to any standards.
Alcee is fabulous

Since: Sep 08

United States

#19 Oct 2, 2008
Somebody needs to tell me why hanging an effigy of OwamaBama should be investigated for civil rights violations while hanging one of W (as has been done numerous times and burned too) is just a "protest". So white people and white presidents have no civil rights to violate? Oh, I know, history explains this predudice and bias against whites.
KarlaD

Santa Fe, NM

#20 Oct 2, 2008
MV is just trolling, but if there are people who genuinely don't know about the history of lynching to African Americans - there is Google.

Since: Feb 08

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Oct 2, 2008
Ohkay Oyegi Thermos wrote:
Somebody needs to tell me why hanging an effigy of OwamaBama should be investigated for civil rights violations while hanging one of W (as has been done numerous times and burned too) is just a "protest". So white people and white presidents have no civil rights to violate? Oh, I know, history explains this predudice and bias against whites.
Are you serious?
Zorkon756

Honolulu, HI

#22 Oct 2, 2008
HAVE A SUPERNATURAL EXPERIENCE WITH JESUS!!!~~ I DID!!~~

Apparently you've been spaced out every since drinking the blood of Jesus and eating his flesh.

Doesn't this make you a Zombie?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newberg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman charged with raping 7-year-old allegedly ... May 24 jayko 1
steve Wilson (someone deleted the first) Apr '15 loud1 2
Bitch @ Cashmax Mar '15 Ttyi22 1
News Man who took upskirt photos of 13-year-old girl... Feb '15 Lisa Georgette 1
News Suspected burglar falls through ceiling, lands ... Jan '15 Abrahammock Regions 1
News Naked violinist sues over arrest in Portland la... Jan '15 Rev Don Wildmoan 3
News Woman accused of theft through an online saddle... (Sep '12) Dec '14 just me 17
More from around the web

Newberg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]