Police again looking at Lankey case

Police again looking at Lankey case

There are 31 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Apr 1, 2009, titled Police again looking at Lankey case. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

Family members tell 24 Hour News 8 investigators are re-looking into the Amanda Lankey case.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Shrink

United States

#1 Apr 1, 2009
There is a sick person out there that needs to be brought to justice so the family can finally get some closure. I hope he is already in prison. Cases like this give good reason to support the death penalty. There will never a penalty severe enough to justly meet the crime in this case.
anonymous

Big Rapids, MI

#2 Apr 1, 2009
There was another murder back around 1989 of Shannon Siders in Newaygo. As far as I know, that case was never solved. I hope they solve this girls murder.
Sarah S

Boulder, CO

#3 Apr 1, 2009
Good, nobody deserves to be forgotton. You can run but you can't hide!!
Hotelgal

San Antonio, TX

#4 Apr 1, 2009
Let me guess.. the idiot that beat the prostitute and is up for murdering 4 people is going to be the one who killed this girl.
Mustafa al yazid

Detroit, MI

#5 Apr 1, 2009
Poor girl . I hope they catch the animals responsible for this .

Since: Nov 08

Grand Rapids, Michigan

#6 Apr 1, 2009
I hope this is him. This is so sad that her family has not been able to tell the person who did this what they think of them and then get some comfort and closure. God Bless Lankey family and friends.
cynical

United States

#8 Apr 1, 2009
Can anyone explain this sentence from the article to me....There was blood found in a potential suspect's car, which that person altered and then ditched.

And that's it? Just destroy potential evidence and walk away like nothing happened?
Wendy

Greenville, MI

#9 Apr 1, 2009
It's just really sad the family and friends of Amanda Lankey cannot find closure. I really hope they find the disgusting pig who did this go her and toss them in IMAX where they belong. My heart goes out to her family and friends...I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't have my children around!
silverbird

Troy, MI

#12 Apr 2, 2009
It is a rotten shame, the errors made in this case by first WC PD who sends the officer who is related to the family from where Amanda was last seen alive, to investigate her disappearance. Then it was botched by NCSD, So I pray that MSP can finally find Amandas killer and give this family some closure and peace. My prayers go out to Amandas family.
spring

Detroit, MI

#13 Apr 2, 2009
Hotelgal wrote:
Let me guess.. the idiot that beat the prostitute and is up for murdering 4 people is going to be the one who killed this girl.
I thought the same thing.
spring

Detroit, MI

#14 Apr 2, 2009
Hotelgal wrote:
Might be a coincidence, but Amanda was beaten in the head, so was Katherine Brown from the Wright case, and that is what he was doing to the prostitute in Grand Rapids.
a rational approach

Grand Rapids, MI

#15 Apr 2, 2009
It's always someone they know.
cristin

Saline, MI

#16 Apr 2, 2009
skizo killa? really??
HappyMom

Bellaire, MI

#17 Apr 2, 2009
spring wrote:
<quoted text>Might be a coincidence, but Amanda was beaten in the head, so was Katherine Brown from the Wright case, and that is what he was doing to the prostitute in Grand Rapids.
Do you have any idea what percentage of murders every year happen as a result of blunt force trama to the head? I am sure it is second to gun shot wounds only. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to link it to Troy just because it would close the case and they could look like heros and not failures. I'd rather have the real killer found. I have a lot of in-laws in WC, I wouldnt be surprised if we found out it was one of them.
spring

Detroit, MI

#18 Apr 2, 2009
HappyMom wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any idea what percentage of murders every year happen as a result of blunt force trama to the head? I am sure it is second to gun shot wounds only. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to link it to Troy just because it would close the case and they could look like heros and not failures. I'd rather have the real killer found. I have a lot of in-laws in WC, I wouldnt be surprised if we found out it was one of them.
I'm not saying it is him, just alot of coincidences. The police took his computer, he lived in the Grant area, his father in Hesperia. I think it is odd they are bringing this up now? but I could be way off base.
spring

Detroit, MI

#19 Apr 2, 2009
HappyMom wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like your not too fond of your in-laws? I would have gone w/stabbing as my 2nd guess, followed by strangulation. I just can't believe the killer has been running around for 4 almost 5 yrs.
seriously

United States

#20 Apr 2, 2009
anonymous wrote:
There was another murder back around 1989 of Shannon Siders in Newaygo. As far as I know, that case was never solved. I hope they solve this girls murder.
They have never arrested the person who did this to Shannon, rumor is they know who did it but not enough evidence. God bless this family and hers! I hope they bring these creeps to justice and are able to solve both!
An American girl

United States

#21 Apr 2, 2009
The Shrink wrote:
There is a sick person out there that needs to be brought to justice so the family can finally get some closure. I hope he is already in prison. Cases like this give good reason to support the death penalty. There will never a penalty severe enough to justly meet the crime in this case.
Because it was a national forrest, it could be the death penalty.

Since: Jun 07

Wilmington, DE

#22 Apr 2, 2009
This story is just heart breaking. It is the worse pain imaginable to lose a child. I can't even begin to comprehend how I would deal with not knowing who was responsible or the events that led to my daughters death.
Prayers go out to the family and friends, and I hope the MSP are able to solve this case. Amanda deserves justice and her family deserves closure so they can begin their healing.
spring

Detroit, MI

#23 Apr 2, 2009
An American girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it was a national forrest, it could be the death penalty.
I never thought of that...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newaygo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ray Logan Sep 13 A mother 1
Missing brother Aug '16 Tammy cope 1
Wava darlene jackson trying to locate (Feb '12) Aug '16 Tammy cope 3
News Winner of $57M Mega Millions has criminal record (Jun '08) Aug '16 TreforG 153
News County surveyor arrested on prostitution charges May '16 Larry D 1
My niece, Beth Ellen Waelde (May '08) Mar '16 Joshua l waelde 7
News 2007 Michigan casualties in Iraq (Nov '07) Feb '16 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 18

Newaygo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newaygo Mortgages