Man Denies Beating Daughter Over Chor...

Man Denies Beating Daughter Over Chores | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

There are 46 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Jun 3, 2011, titled Man Denies Beating Daughter Over Chores | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News. In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

After spending more than a month on the lam, a Licking County man accused of beating his teenage daughter unconscious after she refused to do her chores was arrested on Thursday evening.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
carboost

Thermal, CA

#1 Jun 3, 2011
If the allegations are false, why was he on the lam for a month???? Who's the real liar?
hotrodlee

Tucson, AZ

#2 Jun 3, 2011
It takes the law a while to get anything done.
If the girl is a liar then she should do some time:
Col Hannibal Smith

Columbus, OH

#3 Jun 3, 2011
Of course he's going to deny everything.He knows he's guilty as sin and too little to do the time.
stinky pete

Columbus, OH

#4 Jun 3, 2011
carboost wrote:
If the allegations are false, why was he on the lam for a month???? Who's the real liar?
Maybe he didn't want to be thrown in jail.

I am willing to wait for both sides to be told before I throw him to the wolves.

He might be a bad man and then the girl might be the bad one.
stinky pete

Columbus, OH

#5 Jun 3, 2011
hotrodlee wrote:
It takes the law a while to get anything done.
If the girl is a liar then she should do some time:
The mother already said the girl was not telling the truth.
osu538

Republic, OH

#6 Jun 3, 2011
Living in the same neighborhood and having kids that went to school with her, I can vouch that the girl in question would fall under the category of "out of control" and definitely has behavior issues. Whether this assault actually occurred I don't know for sure, but it's not out of the question that she would stretch the truth about it. Evidence is key, and a medical professional will obviously have to show in court that the girl was injured as a result of this alleged beating.
instine

Nashport, OH

#7 Jun 3, 2011
kids rule or i should say punks rule.
Taking It To The Streets

Pearl City, HI

#8 Jun 3, 2011
Is that Michael McDonald of Doobie Bros. fame?
Whut the

Columbus, OH

#9 Jun 3, 2011
Watch it now, when they turn on each other, the story gets better by the minute. IF this really did happen, there would be medical records and hospital stay with Doctor and Nurse involvement. They would have been required to call police under these circumstances.
yeah baby

Powell, OH

#11 Jun 3, 2011
He wasn't on the lam, he was at an SEIU clinic on giving beatdowns to keep his union card up to date. After all, they'll give a beatdown to a guy in a wheelchair simply for refusing to reload the gravy barge
Ohio Lawyer

Circleville, OH

#12 Jun 3, 2011
Somewhat resembles Taylor Hicks. He probably needs a good lawyer, count me out!
Beavis

Granville, OH

#13 Jun 3, 2011
I know this family. He is a woman and child beater & it's about time he gets a felony charge.

He has domestic violence, disorderly conduct, menaceing, and unlawful detainment on his record, look at the licking county municipal courts records
Mike

Santa Clara, CA

#15 Jun 3, 2011
He was on the run so his hand could heal up and have less evidence.
Military Vet

Grove City, OH

#16 Jun 3, 2011
When I was about 10 or 11 my sister was in charge of me after school until my parents returned home from work. One day we got in an argument and I ran away from home to my dad's job, because I was mad at her. When I returned home that evening with my dad the whole neighborhood was looking for me and my mother was crying. After everyone left she gave my a very good spanking with a switch. The next day at school the teachers saw the welts their response was, "what did you do?" If we did something at school is was to the principals office for a paddling.

The morning my 17 yr old son turned 12 he came down the steps and said, "Mom, I'm a grown man now." he asked me where his breakfast plate was and I told me that I didn't fix plates for grown men. He then went into the kitchen to fix his plate and I told him, that I don't cook for grown men so, he went to the refrigerator to retrieve food to cook and I told him I don't by food for grown men. He then told him he was going to his grandparents for breakfast and started up the stairs. I raised my voice a little and told him to take off the clothes he had on because they were mine since I didn't buy clothes for grown men. He returned after about 10 minutes and said, Mom, I'm not a grown man, I'm only 12 yrs old today." Today he brought this incident up and said, "Mom, I will legally be an 18 yr old man on the 21st, but I won't be a grown man until you tell me." I love my children so much and they know they better show me and other adults respect or they will pay the consequences.

I wonder if the reason kids don't obey authority figures today is because they know they can say or do anything without really being punished. Why is it that hard working parents are sent to jail because their juvenile delinquent child is not at school when the parent thought they were? Maybe work times should be set for after school days start.
Phonman

Delaware, OH

#17 Jun 3, 2011
I thought chores were for the wives not the daughter.
dont get it

Columbus, OH

#18 Jun 3, 2011
carbooist wrote:
Exactly
alchemy

Sunbury, OH

#19 Jun 3, 2011
when you have a system that "unknowingly" still prides itself after the style of the witch trials, making "innocent infallibles" out of lying, attention seeking, little girls must be part of that, I suppose. In case you don't know, the idea of "doing anything for young girls or "always believing" was the root of the witch trials.
Another angle: Can anyone see that people and the system who play along with the lie that young girls don't lie are actually "closet molesters" and why, or how they tell on themselves? Can you see how the ones who play the hero, or the "pious protector," for young girls, are actually closet molesters? Now as for women, the women who do are actually the real witches. You will find this very interesting if you are able to see it.
It's sorta like the closet molesters and real witches make scapegoats and play on that like they are on the good side. Cops, judges, advocates, children services etc. In fact it gets so real and true that childrens services and womens advocates are even wiccan based today.
alchemy

Sunbury, OH

#20 Jun 3, 2011
In fact the whole justice system today is simply used to feed the pious, religios acting, with scapegoats to feed and radiate the illusion of their righteousness. In reality it is they who are the truly wicked of society and the people you see labeled as criminals, the scapegoats, are only so because they are innocent , naive, or stupid, and either dont know how to play the game of wicked deception or have not become "wise as serpents" as the bible says.
Kevin

Mesa, AZ

#21 Jun 3, 2011
Military Vet wrote:
When I was about 10 or 11 my sister was in charge of me after school until my parents returned home from work. One day we got in an argument and I ran away from home to my dad's job, because I was mad at her. When I returned home that evening with my dad the whole neighborhood was looking for me and my mother was crying. After everyone left she gave my a very good spanking with a switch. The next day at school the teachers saw the welts their response was, "what did you do?" If we did something at school is was to the principals office for a paddling.
The morning my 17 yr old son turned 12 he came down the steps and said, "Mom, I'm a grown man now." he asked me where his breakfast plate was and I told me that I didn't fix plates for grown men. He then went into the kitchen to fix his plate and I told him, that I don't cook for grown men so, he went to the refrigerator to retrieve food to cook and I told him I don't by food for grown men. He then told him he was going to his grandparents for breakfast and started up the stairs. I raised my voice a little and told him to take off the clothes he had on because they were mine since I didn't buy clothes for grown men. He returned after about 10 minutes and said, Mom, I'm not a grown man, I'm only 12 yrs old today." Today he brought this incident up and said, "Mom, I will legally be an 18 yr old man on the 21st, but I won't be a grown man until you tell me." I love my children so much and they know they better show me and other adults respect or they will pay the consequences.
I wonder if the reason kids don't obey authority figures today is because they know they can say or do anything without really being punished. Why is it that hard working parents are sent to jail because their juvenile delinquent child is not at school when the parent thought they were? Maybe work times should be set for after school days start.
Dang....I fell asleep two times just reading your boring story.
Oh Well

Budapest, Hungary

#22 Jun 3, 2011
Gotta do what you gotta do. These kids today are worthless like their parents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newark Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-pastor gets 6 years in sex case | The Columb... (Feb '11) Jul 17 Knowitall 33
News Buckeye Lake sees strong resurgence amid July 4... Jul 15 Do whatever it ta... 1
News Summer fun: Homemade ice pops are fruity and fl... Jul 4 drfudd 5
Rebecca Lynn Boyer May '17 Snitch 1
sheryl May '17 searchinghilo 1
Affair May '17 Kenny 12
News Flyers Pizza holds on to slice of the pie | The... (May '11) Apr '17 Used to work here... 41

Newark Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newark Mortgages