Man found guilty in car-crash deaths of three | The Columbus Dispatch

A Licking County Common Pleas jury has found a Westerville man guilty of causing the death of three people in a 2008 traffic crash. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just Me

Crossett, AR

#1 Jul 15, 2011
Amazing! I really thought it would be another Casey Anthony verdict.
Beth

Blacklick, OH

#2 Jul 15, 2011
What is the evidence that the kids did not run a red light?
Clean N Sober

Orient, OH

#3 Jul 15, 2011
No matter how much we see on the Air Ways (TV Radio) about Drunk Driving! The drunks still Drink and Drive! They should give him 15 years, suspend license for 20! Pay restitution to the Victims!
the hilt

Columbus, OH

#4 Jul 15, 2011
kasich let him off
Just Me is an idiot

Reynoldsburg, OH

#5 Jul 15, 2011
Just Me wrote:
Amazing! I really thought it would be another Casey Anthony verdict.
Idiot! The jury in the CA trial got it right. The prosecution got it wrong. Get over it.
Fed Up

Columbus, OH

#6 Jul 15, 2011
Just Me is an idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot! The jury in the CA trial got it right. The prosecution got it wrong. Get over it.
Your screen name says it all. Enough said!!!
Just Saying

Reynoldsburg, OH

#7 Jul 15, 2011
Fed Up wrote:
<quoted text> Your screen name says it all. Enough said!!!
Learn to read and refer to post #1. Is your screen name really "effed up"?
GRUNT

Chillicothe, OH

#8 Jul 15, 2011
JUST ME is absolutely CORRECT! The Prosecution either didn't have the facts or presented them wrong to the Jury. When this happens, there is "Reasonable Doubt" and the Jury has no recourse but to find "Not Guilty". NO MATTER WHAT YOU THINK, this IS the Law! Might as well keep from getting an Ulcer and let it ride. The Case is OVER and NOTHING will be changed! MOVE ON!!!!
Steely Dan

Columbus, OH

#9 Jul 15, 2011
Had this been tried in Franklin County, this dude could have very well walked. Good thing that Licking County has a decent prosecutor's office and a jury pool with decent morals and values.
sick of the crap

Columbus, OH

#10 Jul 15, 2011
gotta love the "black boxes" that most cars have now... sure gets to the bottom of the story!
Just Me is an idiot

Reynoldsburg, OH

#11 Jul 15, 2011
Fed Up wrote:
<quoted text> Your screen name says it all. Enough said!!!
You should have not posted. People know how stupid you are now.
Fed Up

Columbus, OH

#12 Jul 15, 2011
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to read and refer to post #1. Is your screen name really "effed up"?
So you would wait a full month before reporting your child missing if you were innocent? Do you think O.J. was innocent too? I seem to recall him saying he would look for her real killers to the day he dies. Didn't see much of that after he was acquitted. Fact of the matter is their are innocent people in jail and guilty people walking the streets. Do you believe every verdict in the history of the justice system is correct? As far as Casey Anthony goes she accused her father of sexually abusing her and now they have released video of her telling him from jail how he was the greatest father and grandfather ever and will go to her grave saying that. If you knew anything about the court system that was "jockeying for position" regarding sentencing had she been convicted. You know I can read but if I had to choose between that and intelligence I would opt for intelligence. It's a shame you don't have that option as it's obvious you can read.
effed up is off topic

Reynoldsburg, OH

#13 Jul 15, 2011
Fed Up wrote:
<quoted text> So you would wait a full month before reporting your child missing if you were innocent? Do you think O.J. was innocent too? I seem to recall him saying he would look for her real killers to the day he dies. Didn't see much of that after he was acquitted. Fact of the matter is their are innocent people in jail and guilty people walking the streets. Do you believe every verdict in the history of the justice system is correct? As far as Casey Anthony goes she accused her father of sexually abusing her and now they have released video of her telling him from jail how he was the greatest father and grandfather ever and will go to her grave saying that. If you knew anything about the court system that was "jockeying for position" regarding sentencing had she been convicted. You know I can read but if I had to choose between that and intelligence I would opt for intelligence. It's a shame you don't have that option as it's obvious you can read.
Off topic, putz.
Fed Up

Columbus, OH

#14 Jul 15, 2011
Just Me is an idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have not posted. People know how stupid you are now.
For commenting about your screen name? I really don't want to get into a "battle of wits" with an "unarmed" person.
Just Me is an idiot

Reynoldsburg, OH

#15 Jul 15, 2011
Fed Up wrote:
<quoted text> For commenting about your screen name? I really don't want to get into a "battle of wits" with an "unarmed" person.
Let's see what you've got, mouth.
BWithington

Bakersfield, CA

#16 Jul 15, 2011
get 'em Fed!
BuckEye

Columbus, OH

#17 Jul 15, 2011
For Beth: There is no way to "prove" a negative. You can only prove a positive, i.e., the killer was driving a speeding vehicle while legally intoxicated. The presumption of guilt is already on him. Trying to prove that something didn't take place is impossible.
ericville

Columbus, OH

#18 Jul 15, 2011
.11 is the legal limit?
Just Me is an idiot

Reynoldsburg, OH

#19 Jul 15, 2011
BuckEye wrote:
For Beth: There is no way to "prove" a negative. You can only prove a positive, i.e., the killer was driving a speeding vehicle while legally intoxicated. The presumption of guilt is already on him. Trying to prove that something didn't take place is impossible.
There is no such thing as "presumption of guilt" in a US court of law. That would imply a prejudice against the accused and require them to prove something did not happen. There is a presumption of innocence that is applied to the accused. The burden of proof lies with the accuser (the prosecution).
Cheesie

Galena, OH

#20 Jul 15, 2011
I thought Ohio has/had a legal limit of 0.08, not 0.11. Am I wrong?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newark Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Todd smith 6 hr Toby 2
Cmi waste Dec 9 Atv 1
Samson, Connie J. Nov '14 Panhead-Kritter 1
Teen gets treatment, not lockup, in sex case | ... (Apr '11) Nov '14 ur a liar 40
Ky. man charged with rape of Licking County gir... (May '14) Nov '14 honesty 2
Case Judge Richard Wright & Event Judge Deborah... Oct '14 Teacher 1
Dollar General Oct '14 12355trg 1
Newark Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Newark People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Newark News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Newark

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]