Questions For Katharine Jefferts Schori

Jul 22, 2012 Full story: Time 54

Rough waters aren't new to Katharine Jefferts Schori, 52, a former oceanographer who is the Presiding Bishop-elect of the Episcopal Church of the U.S.A. Bishop Katharine, as she's known, takes over a denomination rocked by controversy at home and abroad for its liberal stance ...

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Listen to the Word

Kingman, AZ

#41 Jul 30, 2012
It's futile to ask a theologian dipstick questions. People should know that by now.

“Ecce! Sic transit gloria mundi”

Since: Oct 10

I See New Jerusalem From Here.

#42 Jul 30, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't that make you a book-worshipping idolater, a charge you have often accused us of?
No more then accepting the US Constitution as the basis of all the civil laws in the US. Written by humans, for humans and changed by humans in public debate in an open forum. Just like TEC and its form of government by consent.

There is nothing 'divine' about it. It is a material object without supernatural being or powers. It is a tool used to govern ourselves.

#43 Jul 30, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... at the expense of God's Word.
Please use a full sentence these fragents are so disruptive to the discussion.

When did the Holy Spirit leave the Trinity and decline being God?

Christ Jesus is ‘the Word of God’. Are you saying that He is superior to the Holy Spirit?

Didn’t Christ Jesus Himself promise that the Holy Spirit would govern the church until He returned on Judgment Day?

Did the Holy Spirit no manifest His control of the church on the First Pentecost as foretold by Christ Jesus?

For an ‘orthodox Christian’ you hold views that would have had your burnt at the steak of Hold Mother Church in earlier ages. Of course, there are people out there now called Evangelicals that would glad burn you today if they could find a legal way to do so.

Why do Evangelicals continually attempt to separate the unity of God found in the Mystery of the Trinity. It makes me wonder if you actually accept the Trinity as an article of faith. That certainly would undermine your stand as ‘THE ORTHODOX” Christians.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#44 Jul 30, 2012
The Holy Spirit is within us all.

My Trinity concept is simple. The Candle is GOD, the Flame is Jesus and the light which comes from it is the Holy Spirit. It makes a very "hard to wrap your mind" around it thing somewhat easy to understand.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#45 Jul 31, 2012
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
The Holy Spirit is within us all.
My Trinity concept is simple. The Candle is GOD, the Flame is Jesus and the light which comes from it is the Holy Spirit. It makes a very "hard to wrap your mind" around it thing somewhat easy to understand.
One God.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#46 Jul 31, 2012
T McCabe wrote:
There is nothing 'divine' about it. It is a material object without supernatural being or powers ...
What about the inalienable rights granted us by our Creator in the Declaration of Independence?

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#47 Jul 31, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the inalienable rights granted us by our Creator in the Declaration of Independence?
That sentence makes it divine?

Any novel that has the word 'God' is holy?

LMAO!

Gotcha, again..........

#48 Jul 31, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
You have gone totally crazy at this point. What on earth makes you refer to the "Declaration of Independence"?

You comment is a total a complete non sequitur. TRINITY equal God. That is something even you should be able to grasp but I am beginning to have doubts that even that is too much reality for you to grasp.

#50 Aug 1, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
"It did not establish a structure of government and should not be confused with either the Articles of Confederation or the Constitution of the United States. For the American colonists, the declaration was an announcement to the rest of the world that the colonies were independent from Great Britain; it also provided a rationale for this action ..."
... a rationale that led to the US Constitution as both were written by Jefferson et al.
Mr One Step Forward Three Steps Back, please return to taking you meds.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#51 Aug 1, 2012
T McCabe wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr One Step Forward Three Steps Back ...
That's "two steps," and if you can't distinguish between two and three, you best see to your own meds.

#52 Aug 2, 2012
T McCabe wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr One Step Forward Three Steps Back, please return to taking you meds.
What does any of this have to do with my original point that you are an idol worshiper?

What does any of this have to do with you have no statement of faith to offer us?

What this shows is that the serpent is alive and well and presently in the form of Mr. Null Set aka 0+0=0.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#53 Aug 2, 2012
T McCabe wrote:
<quoted text>
What does any of this have to do with my original point that you are an idol worshiper?...
Talking to yourself?

My "original point" is that you're a hypocrit.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#54 Aug 3, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Talking to yourself?
My "original point" is that you're a hypocrit.
LMAO!

*hypocrite.....

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#55 Aug 3, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
*hypocrite.....
Thanks for the spell check; at last you have some use on this forum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newark Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 48 min JOEL 70,077
The Children's Shelter behind Geriatric Center ... (Nov '13) 20 hr Recognise This Story 124
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 21 hr Pastor LDM 19,381
Horrific details emerge in Sayreville football ... Wed no moleste el gato 11
Fury is a War Movie That's is War on Culture Oct 20 Culture Auditor 1
Review: Tiger Supplies Inc. (Jan '14) Oct 20 Daniel Garcia 10
Prudential real challenge Oct 19 Mary Anne 3

Newark News Video

Newark Dating
Find my Match

Newark Jobs

Newark People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Newark News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Newark