'Glitch' put toddler on no-fly list?

May 12, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WOODTV.com

A spokesman for the family of an 18-month-old girl who was pulled off a flight because airline employees thought her name was on the U.S. no-fly list says the girl's parents do not plan to take any legal action.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“No mas pantalones”

Since: Apr 08

Obamageddon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

The Diaper bomber!!

Sharing a name with someone on the no-fly-list is a pain in the azz though. Somewhere in Ireland there is a guy who shares my name and who likes to blow things up. Really, who doesn't? However, I now have a card that has a redress number on it so I can do things like print my own boarding passes.
Dr Stinko

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

Judged:

If it were my call, all 18 month toddlers would be on that list.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

Judged:

The airlines!!! Don't you love 'em? Like the blind leading the blind and both have guns.
aur56

Aurora, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

At some point common sense should kick in with this. I mean, a toddler.really??? Think TSA before you make your selves look really incapable of doing your job.

“Proud White Woman for life!”

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

Judged:

Have to watch those terrorist-twos.

This story is par. If they are patting down youngsters, then putting them on no-fly lists is also reasonable.

I guess those patting down toddlers doo find "bombs" on occasion. But at those only need sanitary wipes and a replacement diaper.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

I flew in and out of Orlando on business for years, often every two weeks. So I'd guess most toddlers could make the no-fly list. Just because the sweet little babies are toddlers. Headphones mostly did the trick. Their parents' embarassment was funny.:D

However, this story is yet another reason, IMO to avoid JetBlue.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

quilterqueen wrote:
The airlines!!! Don't you love 'em? Like the blind leading the blind and both have guns.
More like the deaf leading the dumb. That's what I want, an airline bright enough to overcharge on carry-on bags, hot-listing toddlers. Kinda make you wonder how well they do on that routine airframe and engine maintenance, doesn't it? Fly JetBlue? Hmmm...

“Stupidity Leak”

Since: Sep 11

Woodsboro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

And we are trusting these people with our lives.
Mitt s Hairy Denial

Pottstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

Dr Stinko wrote:
If it were my call, all 18 month toddlers would be on that list.
In such cases I support toture.

“I just hate stupid people”

Since: Apr 07

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

Judged:

aur56 wrote:
At some point common sense should kick in with this. I mean, a toddler.really??? Think TSA before you make your selves look really incapable of doing your job.
Common sense and government do not go together.

“A PAIR A FULLHOUSE ”

Since: Jan 08

CAN'T BEAT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Judged:

excuse me , a computer is only as good as the trusted programer ... so what is the big deal

wasn't done with MALICE ....

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

good to see there are still mature people who dont feel the need to take legal action on every simple mistake....

Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

PFfff wrote:
good to see there are still mature people who dont feel the need to take legal action on every simple mistake....
I wouldn't have considered it immature if the family had sued. Anything that gives the TSA a black eye is fair game. Besides, in many cases, maturity is not the issue, but need or greed.

“A PAIR A FULLHOUSE ”

CAN'T BEAT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't have considered it immature if the family had sued. Anything that gives the TSA a black eye is fair game. Besides, in many cases, maturity is not the issue, but need or greed.
who was pulled off a flight because airline employees thought her name was on the U.S. no-fly list

they don't work for the TSA

“Never summon "Anything" ....”

Since: Feb 11

..... you can't banish, lol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

PFfff wrote:
I agree in a sue happy world, though inconvenient, it would be a laughable moment to remember.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
if they Did, i'd see it more like greed as the issue.

need? if u "need" then i say its greed again..

Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
if they Did, i'd see it more like greed as the issue.
need? if u "need" then i say its greed again..
If you are about to lose the house, and it isn't even a good house, and the only car (some later model) is broken down, and you are struggling to keep groceries on the table, then suing would not be greed, just another way to bring in income.

“A PAIR A FULLHOUSE ”

CAN'T BEAT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

or you have a car you can't fix, can not provide food to eat , and losing a house ,

perhaps you bought more house than you can afford ... trying to either dream or impress

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2012

Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are about to lose the house, and it isn't even a good house, and the only car (some later model) is broken down, and you are struggling to keep groceries on the table, then suing would not be greed, just another way to bring in income.
no, Thats taking advantage of an unfortunate situation, which boils down to greed. u can try and justify it all u want but it comes down to whats right and wrong.
to sue in this case would be wrong, its the same as stealing...

obviously its how u are raised and what u were taught that determines what a person would do in this situation.

“No mas pantalones”

Since: Apr 08

Obamageddon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2012

Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm willing to bet that there's an Obama sticker on the back of your car.
If a company or agency did you harm then compensation is right and suing is justified, but if you're just looking for free money to cover your own poor choices then no, it's the same as stealing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Newark News Video

•••
Newark Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Newark Jobs

•••
•••
•••