'Glitch' put toddler on no-fly list?

'Glitch' put toddler on no-fly list?

There are 30 comments on the WOODTV.com story from May 12, 2012, titled 'Glitch' put toddler on no-fly list?. In it, WOODTV.com reports that:

A spokesman for the family of an 18-month-old girl who was pulled off a flight because airline employees thought her name was on the U.S. no-fly list says the girl's parents do not plan to take any legal action.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOODTV.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“To contract new debts...”

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#1 May 12, 2012
The Diaper bomber!!

Sharing a name with someone on the no-fly-list is a pain in the azz though. Somewhere in Ireland there is a guy who shares my name and who likes to blow things up. Really, who doesn't? However, I now have a card that has a redress number on it so I can do things like print my own boarding passes.
Dr Stinko

Hampton, VA

#2 May 12, 2012
If it were my call, all 18 month toddlers would be on that list.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#3 May 12, 2012
The airlines!!! Don't you love 'em? Like the blind leading the blind and both have guns.
aur56

Monett, MO

#4 May 12, 2012
At some point common sense should kick in with this. I mean, a toddler.really??? Think TSA before you make your selves look really incapable of doing your job.

Spotted Girl

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#6 May 12, 2012
Have to watch those terrorist-twos.

This story is par. If they are patting down youngsters, then putting them on no-fly lists is also reasonable.

I guess those patting down toddlers doo find "bombs" on occasion. But at those only need sanitary wipes and a replacement diaper.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#7 May 12, 2012
I flew in and out of Orlando on business for years, often every two weeks. So I'd guess most toddlers could make the no-fly list. Just because the sweet little babies are toddlers. Headphones mostly did the trick. Their parents' embarassment was funny.:D

However, this story is yet another reason, IMO to avoid JetBlue.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#8 May 12, 2012
quilterqueen wrote:
The airlines!!! Don't you love 'em? Like the blind leading the blind and both have guns.
More like the deaf leading the dumb. That's what I want, an airline bright enough to overcharge on carry-on bags, hot-listing toddlers. Kinda make you wonder how well they do on that routine airframe and engine maintenance, doesn't it? Fly JetBlue? Hmmm...

“Stupidity Leak”

Since: Sep 11

Woodsboro

#9 May 12, 2012
And we are trusting these people with our lives.
Mitt s Hairy Denial

Cheltenham, PA

#10 May 12, 2012
Dr Stinko wrote:
If it were my call, all 18 month toddlers would be on that list.
In such cases I support toture.

SIR LANCELOT

“I just hate stupid people”

Since: Apr 07

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

#11 May 12, 2012
aur56 wrote:
At some point common sense should kick in with this. I mean, a toddler.really??? Think TSA before you make your selves look really incapable of doing your job.
Common sense and government do not go together.

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#12 May 13, 2012
excuse me , a computer is only as good as the trusted programer ... so what is the big deal

wasn't done with MALICE ....

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#13 May 14, 2012
good to see there are still mature people who dont feel the need to take legal action on every simple mistake....

Spotted Girl

Spotted World

#14 May 14, 2012
PFfff wrote:
good to see there are still mature people who dont feel the need to take legal action on every simple mistake....
I wouldn't have considered it immature if the family had sued. Anything that gives the TSA a black eye is fair game. Besides, in many cases, maturity is not the issue, but need or greed.

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#15 May 14, 2012
Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't have considered it immature if the family had sued. Anything that gives the TSA a black eye is fair game. Besides, in many cases, maturity is not the issue, but need or greed.
who was pulled off a flight because airline employees thought her name was on the U.S. no-fly list

they don't work for the TSA

“Beauty is in the eyes ....”

Since: Feb 11

..... of the "beer holder"

#16 May 14, 2012
PFfff wrote:
I agree in a sue happy world, though inconvenient, it would be a laughable moment to remember.

Location hidden

#17 May 14, 2012
Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
if they Did, i'd see it more like greed as the issue.

need? if u "need" then i say its greed again..

Spotted Girl

Spotted World

#18 May 14, 2012
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
if they Did, i'd see it more like greed as the issue.
need? if u "need" then i say its greed again..
If you are about to lose the house, and it isn't even a good house, and the only car (some later model) is broken down, and you are struggling to keep groceries on the table, then suing would not be greed, just another way to bring in income.

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#19 May 14, 2012
or you have a car you can't fix, can not provide food to eat , and losing a house ,

perhaps you bought more house than you can afford ... trying to either dream or impress

Location hidden

#20 May 15, 2012
Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are about to lose the house, and it isn't even a good house, and the only car (some later model) is broken down, and you are struggling to keep groceries on the table, then suing would not be greed, just another way to bring in income.
no, Thats taking advantage of an unfortunate situation, which boils down to greed. u can try and justify it all u want but it comes down to whats right and wrong.
to sue in this case would be wrong, its the same as stealing...

obviously its how u are raised and what u were taught that determines what a person would do in this situation.

“To contract new debts...”

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#21 May 15, 2012
Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm willing to bet that there's an Obama sticker on the back of your car.
If a company or agency did you harm then compensation is right and suing is justified, but if you're just looking for free money to cover your own poor choices then no, it's the same as stealing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newark Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 hr Percecution 21,175
how to end white supremacy 17 hr coco4u 1
how to end white supremacy 18 hr coco4u 1
News Before start of trial, Menendez says, 'I will b... Sep 18 Anybody Anywhere 11
Get Over It Already! Sep 17 Bayonne Nj 1
News DUI arrest is second for Hudson County s... (Mar '09) Sep 3 Ggg111 15
News Faith leaders rail against political 'shenaniga... Sep 1 Excellencenotpoli... 2

Newark Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newark Mortgages