Review: Brandywine Design Craft, Inc.

Posted in the Newark Forum

Unhappy Customer

Ellicott City, MD

#1 Jan 8, 2009
Unreliable! Poor cust service! Nothing but excuses! This is what you'll get with Gary and Brandywine Design Craft! He told us that he would be doing our floors with one of his guys. He doesn't do the work--he subs it all out. Our floors were supposed to be started on Mon morning; no one showed up or called (not even a return call when we called). They finally showed up Wed afternoon, worked for 2 hours and left. Our move in date got pushed back a week b/c of it. The very few times Gary actually returned a call, was only to make excuses. It has been 10 weeks now and the job is still not complete but our credit card has been charged.
Extremely displeased

Ellicott City, MD

#2 Jan 9, 2009
We choose Gary Schneider from Brandywine Design Craft to redo/replace our floors. When we told him we were planning on remodeling our bathroom, he said he also did that and would like to provide a quote. He quickly glanced at the bathroom and gave us a verbal price. He said he'd send us a written estimate breaking down the total he quoted. We waited a week and hadn't heard from him so decided to go with a contractor who provided an estimate in a timely manner (and who actually does bathrooms). Upon hearing that we decided to go with someone else, he became defensive and argumentative--we should have called him, he was working so hard on the estimate, why would we do that...To make a long story short, his subs showed up 2 1/2 days late and finished all they intended on doing 3 days late but never actually finished the job despite Gary's numerous promises that they would come back and finish it. Just yesterday he finally admitted (in writing) that he provided us poor service and had no intentions of ever finishing the job because we "were rude" by choosing another contractor to re-do our bathroom. He also stated that once he learned that, he wanted to cancel the floor job. Unfortunately for us, he did not. Now we have an unfinished floor over 2 months later. He had no problem charging our credit card however.
Gary Schneider

Egg Harbor Township, NJ

#3 Jul 16, 2009
This review is absolutely ridiculous and full of out right lies. The job we were hired to do was completed in the time frame we gave them and the work was outstanding. This is one of the most unreasonable and rude customers we have ever encountered. We have hundreds of very happy customers who give us a very different review.
Extremely displeased wrote:
We choose Gary Schneider from Brandywine Design Craft to redo/replace our floors. When we told him we were planning on remodeling our bathroom, he said he also did that and would like to provide a quote. He quickly glanced at the bathroom and gave us a verbal price. He said he'd send us a written estimate breaking down the total he quoted. We waited a week and hadn't heard from him so decided to go with a contractor who provided an estimate in a timely manner (and who actually does bathrooms). Upon hearing that we decided to go with someone else, he became defensive and argumentative--we should have called him, he was working so hard on the estimate, why would we do that...To make a long story short, his subs showed up 2 1/2 days late and finished all they intended on doing 3 days late but never actually finished the job despite Gary's numerous promises that they would come back and finish it. Just yesterday he finally admitted (in writing) that he provided us poor service and had no intentions of ever finishing the job because we "were rude" by choosing another contractor to re-do our bathroom. He also stated that once he learned that, he wanted to cancel the floor job. Unfortunately for us, he did not. Now we have an unfinished floor over 2 months later. He had no problem charging our credit card however.
Gary Schneider

Egg Harbor Township, NJ

#4 Jul 17, 2009
This review and the one following were submitted by the same customer and it is a gross distortion of what actually happened. The work was done on time and it was perfect - you notice that they make no comment about the actual job. This is a case of an unreasonable, rude and inconsiderate customer who is mad because we refused to do some additional work beyond the scope of the original contract - we wanted nothing more to do with them. So - they decided to punish us with this ridiculous review. Please contact me about what really happened and let me provide you with numerous references from customers who were absolutely thrilled with the excellent work we do.
Unhappy Customer wrote:
Unreliable! Poor cust service! Nothing but excuses! This is what you'll get with Gary and Brandywine Design Craft! He told us that he would be doing our floors with one of his guys. He doesn't do the work--he subs it all out. Our floors were supposed to be started on Mon morning; no one showed up or called (not even a return call when we called). They finally showed up Wed afternoon, worked for 2 hours and left. Our move in date got pushed back a week b/c of it. The very few times Gary actually returned a call, was only to make excuses. It has been 10 weeks now and the job is still not complete but our credit card has been charged.
James Woolard

AOL

#5 Jul 18, 2010
Gary and company did a floor and tile install for us in our Newark home back in July 2008. We loved the work and are trying to contact them for more remodeling of our home. Gary, if you see this give us a call.
Butterfly

Linkwood, MD

#6 Jul 21, 2010
James Woolard wrote:
Gary and company did a floor and tile install for us in our Newark home back in July 2008. We loved the work and are trying to contact them for more remodeling of our home. Gary, if you see this give us a call.
hey
Out of Luck in PA

Plainsboro, NJ

#7 Apr 13, 2011
Avoid this company. Gary Schneider has not been returning phone calls for weeks. His voicemail boxes are full. He is no where to be found.
Explanation

Mays Landing, NJ

#8 Apr 13, 2011
Out of Luck in PA wrote:
Avoid this company. Gary Schneider has not been returning phone calls for weeks. His voicemail boxes are full. He is no where to be found.
For information regarding the lack of communication on the part of Brandywine Design Craft please contact Stan at stanis808@gmail.com
West Chester

West Chester, PA

#9 Jul 2, 2012
I can't believe Gary Schneider is still in business. This man is an incompetent fraud!
Grace

Washington, DC

#10 Jul 2, 2012
West Chester wrote:
I can't believe Gary Schneider is still in business. This man is an incompetent fraud!
Gary schneider is no longer in business... For further information, see previous post.
John S

Hockessin, DE

#11 Aug 28, 2012
So what happened to him and his business?
Grace wrote:
<quoted text>
Gary schneider is no longer in business... For further information, see previous post.
MERL

Dallas, TX

#12 Sep 1, 2012
Unhappy Customer wrote:
Unreliable! Poor cust service! Nothing but excuses! This is what you'll get with Gary and Brandywine Design Craft! He told us that he would be doing our floors with one of his guys. He doesn't do the work--he subs it all out. Our floors were supposed to be started on Mon morning; no one showed up or called (not even a return call when we called). They finally showed up Wed afternoon, worked for 2 hours and left. Our move in date got pushed back a week b/c of it. The very few times Gary actually returned a call, was only to make excuses. It has been 10 weeks now and the job is still not complete but our credit card has been charged.
You should have called the credit card company and disputed the bill.
Bob

Dallas, TX

#13 Sep 1, 2012
Unhappy Customer wrote:
Unreliable! Poor cust service! Nothing but excuses! This is what you'll get with Gary and Brandywine Design Craft! He told us that he would be doing our floors with one of his guys. He doesn't do the work--he subs it all out. Our floors were supposed to be started on Mon morning; no one showed up or called (not even a return call when we called). They finally showed up Wed afternoon, worked for 2 hours and left. Our move in date got pushed back a week b/c of it. The very few times Gary actually returned a call, was only to make excuses. It has been 10 weeks now and the job is still not complete but our credit card has been charged.
I believe you and would never hire them. I do my own work to make sure it's done right and no crooks will ever get my money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newark Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Call 1~855~205~0915 Toll Free For McAfee Custom... Fri ayeshadani 1
Call 1~855~205~0915 For McAfee Live Chat Support Fri ayeshadani 1
Call 1~855~205~0915 For McAfee Technical Suppor... Fri ayeshadani 1
Call 1~855~205~0915 For Uninstall McAfee Securi... Fri ayeshadani 1
Call 1~855~205~0915 For How To Uninstall McAfee... Fri ayeshadani 1
Call 1~855~205~0915 For McAfee Removal Tool Fri ayeshadani 1
Call 1~855~205~0915 For McAfee Account Renewal Fri ayeshadani 1

Newark News Video

Newark Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Newark People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Newark News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Newark

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:02 pm PST

Bleacher Report12:02PM
Monroe (Ankel) Doubtful vs. Browns; Suggs, Others Questionable
NBC Sports12:13 PM
Eugene Monroe unlikely to play on Sunday
ESPN12:15 PM
Ravens' Forsett rewards linemen with TVs
Bleacher Report 1:14 PM
Candidates to Start at CB for Eagles in 2015
NBC Sports 2:33 PM
Giants seek to end with 4-game win streak - NBC Sports