Teen Struck and Killed in Newark, Ano...

Teen Struck and Killed in Newark, Another Boy Hurt

There are 14 comments on the KCBS story from Jul 27, 2008, titled Teen Struck and Killed in Newark, Another Boy Hurt. In it, KCBS reports that:

A 14-year-old boy was killed and another boy suffered serious injuries after they were struck by a car in Newark Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KCBS.

Kurt and Carol

South San Francisco, CA

#1 Jul 27, 2008
Our hearts and prayers are with you Danny & Rosie. May the Lord be with you in these times of trials and may He give you the strength to see the years through without this wonderful precious soul.

We love you both.
Jennifer -Freshman at RCS

Castro Valley, CA

#2 Jul 28, 2008
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Gonzalez:

I can't imagine what a loss this is for you. I was very close to Dylvan and I realy got to know him these past two months. He was an inspiration to me and others. There's not much I could say right now but he would want you to know that he realy loved and respected you both.
To Mr.Gonzalez, he said you were "the wises man he ever met". To Mrs. Gonzalez, he said you were "a woman of integrity and you couldn't find a more godly woman". God Bless you, your in my prayers and I will be praying for Ezra.
Genesis Brown

San Jose, CA

#3 Jul 29, 2008
My husband and I were there when the accident took place. I revived Gabriel-my husband checked on the young man who tragically lost his life, and the motorists. We both are at a loss and wish there was something-anything we could do to help the poor family for the young man. It's not fair and it's not right that this had to happen. We're both just so sorry.
Deanna

United States

#4 Jul 29, 2008
I'm sorry for your loss
i didnt know him but i can imagine that it must be really hard for you guys
i'll be praying for you
Leonard Baeta

Fremont, CA

#5 Jul 29, 2008
I had the privilege of teaching Dylvan a few years ago as his 6th grade teacher at Fremont Christian School. I am both stunned and grieved at this tragedy. I remember introducing him at his 6th grade promotion, as what his classmates characterized him, a gentleman and a friend. He was. I pray the Lord comfort you in this time and give you His peace.
I wish to stay anonymous

Union City, CA

#6 Jul 29, 2008
I cannot believe that Dylvan died.
I think about him all the time. Even before he died; at school he would talk in study hall, and I would just think, he is so funny, or I cant believe he is ezras brother. he helped me with math one day;and he said that he could have gone into algerbra one;but he didnt because he had commitments to skateboarding and to God. thats what struck me the most. he didnt take a math class because he loved Jesus?
i guess he was really close to Jesus because he didnt take algerbra one. he would sometimes make fun of me, but he would make it so that i wasnt on the offence. he could make anyone laugh with his "who's gay?" highfives; or his flips.
he was really handosme too. and he was a really fast runner. the last day of school my friends and i went to find him;and we told him to do that flip;and it was so funny. I am going to miss him alot.
i was thinking;Dylvan was a cool. he was really really cool. and God took him away;because he wanted him for something else. I am guessing that He took him away because he wanted us to remember that we have to live everyday like its our last;and we need to read the Bible on a regular basis because if something happens like this suddenly to someone we know and love,we will be lost.
I am thankful for Dylvan,and I am going to miss him alot. Its going to be different next year;not just because we are a year older,but because we have Dylvan watching us. Dylvan and Jesus.
I love you guys alot.
I love Dylvan
I love Ezra
I love your family.
Emily Cresta

United States

#7 Jul 29, 2008
To Mr. and Mrs. Gonzalez;
i would just like you to know that Dylvan was truly an inspiration to everyone who had the privelage of meeting him. I wasn't very close with Dylvan, in fact, we hardly ever talked, but i still am in shock that something like this happened to someone i knew. My heart goes out to you and to everyone who had a personal relationship with Dylvan.
Also, i hope that everyone realizes, that Dylvan departed us as a TRUE HERO. To be able to make a decision like that, to save his friend's life, in less than a split second, characterized him as a real hero. You are in my prayers, and may the Lord give you comfort in this difficult time.
annoymous RCS student

Castro Valley, CA

#8 Jul 29, 2008
Dylvan was amazing
someone from church

United States

#9 Jul 29, 2008
dear rosie and husband,
you now me, i feel so sorry for your loss dylvan was a great kid funny thing i was thing about him and the family it always happens i know when someones going to pass. i pray for you that you will recuperate from this giant loss.
girl with black hair.
Lovel family

San Leandro, CA

#10 Jul 29, 2008
You are all in our thoughts and prayers continuously. We are truly sorry for your loss. Ezra, we are praying for you and thinking of you.
Tiffany and Celeste

United States

#11 Jul 30, 2008
I would like to send my prayers to the Gonzalez family and the Family of the child that is still in the hospital. I am so rejoiced inside to be able to say" Dylvan you are with Jesus and we will see you soon again" You've been called "HOME" much to soon and why we ask... Well in Proverbs 3:5-6 God says just Trust me and lean not on your own understanding.... It is tragic but, we know through Dylvan Christ was shown on and on. We live in Castro Valley and all of the youth group and other children are very upset and takin back by this loss. I hear that he tried to save his friends life..... What more can you ask of a person???? This is one true and incredible Christian child!!!! We adults can even learn something here... We can all make a difference. Can you imagine if we tried more to save others in the name of God. It is beautiful. I am so sorry for your loss but, please do not lose FAITH ....It is all we have here anymore. We will see him soon. Please Stay FOCUSED!!!
We love you and even though I did not know you personally and my daughter had skateboarded with you a time or 2,you will be emmbedded in my heart forever. Mom and Dad you should be so proud that you raised up a TRUE child of GOD!!!!!!
Jonna

Kenner, LA

#12 Jul 30, 2008
Rosie and Dan
What can I say? I'm sorry just doesn't cover it. I'm sad but that couldn't compare to what you guys are going through. I have always had so much respect for your family. Great parents and great kids. I will never forget Dylvan and Ezra coming into our Sunday Class scoping out the donuts and other goodies.
My heart is heavy for your family and you are in my prayers.
Martore family

Castro Valley, CA

#13 Jul 31, 2008
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Gonzalez:
We knew you all from Redwood Christian Elementary when Celeste was in the same classes with Dylvan for years. We are so very sorry that your family has to live through such a tragedy. Your son brought joy to those who knew him and he will be dearly remembered. May God give you strength to carry on.
Gabriel Harrison

Santa Rosa, CA

#14 May 8, 2009
God, i can't believe this happened... there isn't a day i don't think of you dylvan, i go to school right freakin next to your grave... just know, that, you'll be missed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newark Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Facebook vs Twitter 7 hr Great Quote 67
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Colorful Digi... Jan 20 Hellary Hasbeen 149
News 'Undocumented' but inspiring (Nov '12) Jan 18 Greyhound Southbound 116
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... (Sep '15) Jan 18 Laurie 440
falsely accused or abused by DCFS or Juvenille ... (Jul '12) Jan 18 PrayerWarrior767 8
News Redwood City: Tenants protest large rent hikes ... Jan 14 Redwood City 2
HELP STOP Discrimination against Agricultural Z... Jan 9 un agenda 21 4

Newark Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newark Mortgages