More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 Full story: news.yahoo.com 10,135

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area. Full Story
Zap

AOL

#6485 Aug 4, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
We raise our own chicken,s. Mostly half bantams that free range and get a little corn. My wife cooks them in a electric skillett and steams them tender. Im not gonna eat those hormoned commercially grown chickens. Our geese are laying eggs I had one goose egg and 4 slices of toast for breakfast.
What kind of toast?
Zap

AOL

#6486 Aug 4, 2012
Old Army wrote:
The good ole USA just passed the funky Chinamen in gold and total medals. Zap, don't know if that name thing would work in China, maybe in Korea where all the young ladies are named Miss Kim.
You knew her too? Were you at Taegu or down town dong chong?
Zap

AOL

#6487 Aug 4, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Peggy Bundy from the show Married with Children got hers from Chernoble farms. Ive got a corn stalk with 9 ears in my garden. Two of the ears are quite large. One cluster has four small mishapen ears attached at the stalk in one spot another one has two ears attached to the stalk in the same place and there is a small ear a few inches from the ground. Its indian corn and growing in soil with composted horse rabbitt & chicken manure. I water it every day.
If you ever get one of them chickens to eat that corn & has a multiple head growth, remenber Old Army likes necks, if you have one that is all necks you may be rich. Old Army is an Oil barren. I see your manure problem, no pig shit.
Zap

AOL

#6488 Aug 4, 2012
I guess the US gov has already starting figuring the income tax from the olympic medels & winnings in with the next month gov bill for pakistan.
Zap

AOL

#6489 Aug 4, 2012
I see where the kids have been digging off the coast of antarctica, found some palm tree remains. Info is there was palm trees growing on antarctica during the Eocene period abt 53 million years ago. They also found a book written by Algorea predicting an Ice age, Al said that the lack of government intervention & the fact people were building small camp fires instead of bond fires is contributing to the earth's cooling. Al said for some reason people would just not listen to him.
Churmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#6490 Aug 4, 2012
Zap wrote:
<quoted text>What kind of toast?
Wheat
Zap

AOL

#6491 Aug 5, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Wheat
Whole wheat, the breakfast of champions. & the fiber helps too.
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#6492 Aug 5, 2012
Zap wrote:
<quoted text>Whole wheat, the breakfast of champions. & the fiber helps too.
you know what the worst thing about being old is? Being old! You know for shure you are old when you can no longer trust a fart.
Zap

AOL

#6493 Aug 6, 2012
LOL, so you think your wife hates that? Check your oat meal, that could be part of a plan.
Zap

AOL

#6494 Aug 6, 2012
Do you think people who check for doping should be checked for doping?
I hate it when I been tricked into eating a marijuana roll.
Zap

AOL

#6495 Aug 6, 2012
Life is so simple, you would think more people would get it.
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#6496 Aug 6, 2012
If I was young and had a gazillion dollars I would take my hot-rod SUV to Venus, where the women are, but just in case I would take along a couple of hottie Russian women.
Zap

AOL

#6497 Aug 7, 2012
Hey Army, I say go for it. You need to drop by & get some heavy duty shocks for that SUV.
Zap

AOL

#6498 Aug 7, 2012
Where is Bush when you need a new axis of evil list.
Zap

AOL

#6499 Aug 8, 2012
no comment for 20 hrs, you guys out looking for Bush?
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#6500 Aug 8, 2012
Gonna date myself to 1988. Republican women give their heart to Bush, Democrat women give their bush to Hart.
Zap

AOL

#6501 Aug 8, 2012
LOL. so that's how you seperate them, I thought all that mowing was to curb brush fire's.
Zap

AOL

#6502 Aug 9, 2012
I hear some trials last all day in China. Well as long as its fair.
Churmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#6503 Aug 12, 2012
We had a 2.4 earthquake in NE Ar yesterday at 8.05 pm. I felt it. never saw any dead birds except for a buzzard that got run over while eating road kill. And my dogs deer or any other animals didnt seem to even notice.
Zap

AOL

#6504 Aug 13, 2012
If something didnt fall off the wall's I wouldn't know if I was in a quake or not.
When I sign on to topix my computer ticker sounds like a giger counter, anybody else have this problem?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newark Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New store 3 hr Telmesumpin 18
Stop flights to help control Enola 5 hr Telmesumpin 4
another police officer in jail 5 hr OMG 1
Are there any places to work out at in Newport? 8 hr ThatGuy 4
Who is your choice for Diaz Mayor race? 9 hr OVERdue 5
Arkansas Counseling in hot do do 11 hr Calvin 14
Cotton or Pryor for Senate 12 hr ProConstitution 17
Newark Dating
Find my Match

Newark Jobs