Critical Mass ride interrupted

Critical Mass ride interrupted

There are 17 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 30, 2007, titled Critical Mass ride interrupted. In it, Newsday reports that:

Three people were arrested and 47 others were issued summonses or violations Friday night during the first Critical Mass bicycle ride since the Police Department issued a new parade-permit rule.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

stuck in traffic

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Mar 30, 2007
we should just run these as@*!&es down. after beibg stuck in traffic and seeing these dopes ride around aimlessly I would have mowed them down. only thing stopping me was I was driving a brand new gas guzzler and didn't want to scratch it. next friday I'm using my old car!!!!
stuck in traffic

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Mar 30, 2007
we should just run these as@*!&es down. after being stuck in traffic and seeing these dopes ride around aimlessly I would have mowed them down. only thing stopping me was I was driving a brand new gas guzzler and didn't want to scratch it. next friday I'm using my old car!!!!
Karen

Bridgeport, CT

#4 Mar 31, 2007
Protect our rights! Great job to you all and thanks to Councilwoman Rose Mendez.
As an aside, they are trying to ban tatoos and piercings in Suffolk County. The only thing that will be left to do legally is - GO SHOPPING! Enjoying your imperialism?
NY State of Mindlessness

Trumbull, CT

#5 Mar 31, 2007
Why do these people find it necessary to ride their bikes in packs of 50 or more. Can't they just get together with a few friends and go for a ride. What a bunch of sheep.
get_a_clue

Port Washington, NY

#6 Mar 31, 2007
Where's Osama? Skiing Tora Bora?
James Jandelli

Passaic, NJ

#7 Mar 31, 2007
I've recently been diagnosed with asthma and have ridden to work on a bicycle for over 25 years
The treatment of Critical Mass by the N.Y.P.D. these past several years is a disgrace to us as citizens of a great city and country.
Tony

Bridgeport, CT

#8 Mar 31, 2007
lay off people! if these morons want to risk life and limb driving bikes in trafic like a pack of sheep let them, its a free country! this keeps them off the nice relaxing biking trails in the parks also.
kevs

Seattle, WA

#9 Mar 31, 2007
Hey,at least the NYPD does something about critical mass.Here in Seattle the police turn a blind eye to them.People have a right to ride their bikes but critical mass has a political agenda,they are not out for a leisurely ride,they are protesters who must follow the rules like everybody else.
Pattie

Bethesda, MD

#10 Mar 31, 2007
I wish the police in San Francisco would crack down on these bicyclists.
I'm getting sick and tired of Critical Mass disrupting public transportation and traffic every month.
Pattie

Bethesda, MD

#11 Mar 31, 2007
James Jandelli wrote:
I've recently been diagnosed with asthma and have ridden to work on a bicycle for over 25 years
The treatment of Critical Mass by the N.Y.P.D. these past several years is a disgrace to us as citizens of a great city and country.
Ya, well when you get stuck in a trolly for an hour because a bunch of yahoos want to clog an intersection every month so that nobody can move then you would feel differantly.
Jack

United States

#12 Apr 4, 2007
Every one of these hoodlums should be at the very least ticketed. If they want to be treated just like cars, then they should be treated just like cars. When they run red lights (which they advocate doing), they should be ticketed.
Old School

Port Washington, NY

#13 Apr 5, 2007
Make sure you don't roll -- even just a bit -- through that next red, Jack.

Count to three, now... 1...2...3...
Jack

United States

#14 Apr 5, 2007
Why would you assume that I would do such a thing? It's illegal and where I come from, you can be ticketed for that sort of thing.
Bronx BS Detector

New York, NY

#15 Mar 25, 2010
James Jandelli wrote:
James Jandelli never worked a day in his life. He has asthma from smoking doobies for the last 40 years!
Bronx BS Detector

New York, NY

#16 Mar 25, 2010
Jim Jandelli Ham and Eggs!
Steve Magarrit

New York, NY

#17 Dec 15, 2010
James Jandelli wrote:
Jandelli you are a no good hippie freakster. You have an axe to grind with the NYPD ever since you were ticketed for public defecation on Fordham Road in 1979. You're not fooling anyone.
Steve Magarrit

New York, NY

#18 Dec 22, 2010
If Jandelli had just kept the BIG "C" penny and cashed it in he could afford to buy bikes for all the Kiddie Poos in the city. He is a bitter bitter man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Union Square Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News This shows the front page of the Village Voice,... Jun '17 Larry Craig s WC ... 8
News The Cost of Entry to Manhattan's Only Private Park May '17 No Smoking eh 1
News Herea s a timeline of Carson McCullersa life (Jan '17) Apr '17 General Zod 18
News 'Charging Bull' sculptor says 'Fearless Girl' d... Apr '17 16 TEEN SHOTS chi... 7
News Trump, hitting back, accuses Schumer of Putin ties Apr '17 USS LIBERTY 50
News New Yorkers build walls of sticky notes in defi... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Fubar 22
News Immigrant Protesters March in #HereToStay Anti-... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Cordwainer Trout 2

Union Square Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Union Square Mortgages