On the scene of crane collapse, 'a ma...

On the scene of crane collapse, 'a mangled mess' -- Road Accide...

There are 3 comments on the Newsday story from May 30, 2008, titled On the scene of crane collapse, 'a mangled mess' -- Road Accide.... In it, Newsday reports that:

For Scott Bair, work at the site of Manhattan 's latest deadly crane collapse at East 91st Street and 1st Avenue began like any other day at about 7 a.m. Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Taking a stance

Weehawken, NJ

#1 Jun 7, 2008
Mooney, I am a daughter to one of the crane operators that works for a man that you are trying to reem vengence for. And I am begging you to stop.. my father is innocent; He is honest & never in a million years would cheat, steal, or lie. I hope you understand what you're actually doing, just to destroy a man's life that you dislike, you are going to destroy a bunch of innocent men that have families. And if you succeed in your jealous attempts to destroy the business and hurt EVERY worker, I hope you know that karma is a bitch & a time for honoring yourself will not last very long. Please think about what you are actually doing, because now families are being put at risk for your foolish, unneccesary acts. My father's a hard worker, worked all his life for the assets he obtains & by God, he does not deserve this at all. Think about what you're doing Dan, because as tears roll down my face in fright for my father & my family, you sit there selfishly boasting without a care in the world. Those are not the characteristics that define a person. I think you really need to reevaluate what you're doing. Please just leave them all alone, please.

Sincerely,
an amazing father's daughter
Death Race

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Jun 7, 2008
Sounds like all these inspectors need to loose their jobs and in the future, be held personally responsible. Their job is to inspect and not just look around. I think Mooney knows the deal with the bribes and wonder how many people he paid off. Typical business practices to get things done.
Yorker4Life

Lancaster, PA

#3 Jun 9, 2008
We should not rush to judgement -- but we should also let justice be served.
If bribes were given and taken both parties must be held responsible. If people died because of negligence those responsible must be held accountable.
As far as workers being put out of business --- construction in New York will not cease, we can just hope that those doing the construction are doing it in a safe and honorable way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lower East Side Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Herea s a timeline of Carson McCullersa life Apr 17 General Zod 18
News 'Charging Bull' sculptor says 'Fearless Girl' d... Apr 13 16 TEEN SHOTS chi... 7
News Trump, hitting back, accuses Schumer of Putin ties Apr 12 USS LIBERTY 50
News The new urban crisis is upon us Apr 10 Sports Girl 2
News Married lesbian Baptist co-pastors say all are ... Mar '17 Palin s Turkey Th... 1
News Francis Hall, Host of Faceboyz Open Mike (Jul '07) Feb '17 Q Public 2
News Inside the Western Hemisphere's Only Romaniote ... (May '16) May '16 open borders policy 1

Lower East Side Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lower East Side Mortgages