It's the Big Apple -- on a stick: Re-...

It's the Big Apple -- on a stick: Re-creating the Fair experience i...

There are 30 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Aug 21, 2010, titled It's the Big Apple -- on a stick: Re-creating the Fair experience i.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Katie Youtsos and Jen Wise , both University of Minnesota grads living in Manhattan, eat corn on the cob -- on a stick -- in New York City during Minnesota State Fair Day 2009.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lindsay

Hopkins, MN

#2 Aug 22, 2010
Aaaaaamazing! I was there for year 1 and I miss state fair day dearly - have a blast ladies!
New Guy on the Block

United States

#3 Aug 22, 2010
Way to go, ex-pats! The state fair without politicians - priceless!!

Since: Jan 09

United States of America

#4 Aug 22, 2010
Or you could jump on a plane and go to Minn for one day during the fair.
Golddragon214

Copenhagen, NY

#5 Aug 22, 2010
Or they could go to the New York State Fair in Syracuse. Not much of a difference from the MN State Fair.
Tom

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Aug 22, 2010
I say they have to go to Central Park, find a cop on a horse follow him around for a bit so they can step in some horseshit. You cannot have a Minnesota State Fair experience without going to the livestock barns. I hope they are also carrying around plastic bags with useless crap in it.
Mr insight

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Aug 22, 2010
sounds like a money maker if you STICK with it, a lot of fun if nothing else. corn poopy self explanitory.
UNfair State

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Aug 22, 2010
and maybe ex-pat NYrs can bring mosque on a stick to MN?
George Bush

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Aug 22, 2010
Freddy Freeloader wrote:
Barack Obama is a fraud and a disgrace...
Wow....I'm so thankful these fools have such short memories. Gotta love'em! Hey Babs, beer me!

United States of America

#11 Aug 22, 2010
Freddy Freeloader wrote:
Worse than you?
MN All Starr

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Aug 22, 2010
I know the woman that helped organize this in NYC. Good job Jen on recreating the MN State Fair experience.
And by the way Goldendragon, there is no way that the NY State fair can even compete with the MN State Fair. They aren't in the same league chief.
Lars Svenson

Chicago, IL

#13 Aug 22, 2010
Freddy Freeloader wrote:
I am lars and I am a patriotic American citizen who speaks for the entire United Staes of America.

President Obama is a great patriot and the BEST President we have ever had!
Liberals Suck

Las Vegas, NV

#14 Aug 22, 2010
I'm trying to figure out how they can put pollution, corruption and higher taxes on a stick, and how it could possibly taste good..??

Oh, yeah -- liberals suck.

United States of America

#15 Aug 22, 2010
Lars Svenson wrote:
<quoted text>
I am lars and I am a patriotic American citizen who speaks for the entire United Staes of America.
President Obama is a great patriot and the BEST President we have ever had!
Thank you for your opinion.
scotttharobot

New York, NY

#16 Aug 22, 2010
I just came from this, some friends threw it together. It was amazing, but it'll work as a great preamble to the real state fair, which I'll be attending soon.
Junior Skeptic

Stillwater, MN

#17 Aug 22, 2010
This is the stupidest idea I've ever heard. I lived in NYC for 3 years and nobody in their right mind would walk around in a fanny pack unless they wanted the crap beat out of them.
Steve

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Aug 22, 2010
I absolutely appreciate how all the stories on here find their way to bring us back to the absolute truth: how bigoted liberals erode freedom, make up phony "scientific" stories, take money from hard working people, and try to screw over the pure white Christian man (PWCM).

As for the story, meh. They live in NYC. They're probably just liberals anyway.
Commie

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Aug 22, 2010
Freddy Freeloader wrote:
Thank You! It's nice to see SOMEONE gets it.
annoymous

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Aug 22, 2010
This story is pathetic! Nobody in their right mind in either in the Greenwich Neighborhood or the Meatpacking District in New York City is going to chow down on a chocoholic covered bacon on a stick or fried cheese curds, regarding Minnesota State Fair foods. Ugh! Are these girls this stupid? What kind of dimwitted marking gimmick did these two wind up learning at the University of Minnesota?! Having people to eat this stuff IS NEVER GOING TO FLY with New Yorkers! This is like telling people in France to eat up on McDonald burgers and drop the winery cuisine off the menu.

As for the paper photograph, they looked like a bunch of spoiled rich brats with presumed Obama bumper stickers on the back of their cars.
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Aug 22, 2010
annoymous wrote:
This story is pathetic! Nobody in their right mind in either in the Greenwich Neighborhood or the Meatpacking District in New York City is going to chow down on a chocoholic covered bacon on a stick or fried cheese curds, regarding Minnesota State Fair foods. Ugh! Are these girls this stupid? What kind of dimwitted marking gimmick did these two wind up learning at the University of Minnesota?! Having people to eat this stuff IS NEVER GOING TO FLY with New Yorkers! This is like telling people in France to eat up on McDonald burgers and drop the winery cuisine off the menu.
As for the paper photograph, they looked like a bunch of spoiled rich brats with presumed Obama bumper stickers on the back of their cars.
I hope for your sake that you're a troll, because if you're not, how do you even remember to breathe?
New Guy on the Block

United States

#22 Aug 23, 2010
annoymous wrote:
Whoa! Get a life for yourself and let other people enjoy theirs. What is it to you??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lower East Side Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News SAD! Hillary Clinton Waddles Through New York C... Aug 10 TerriB1 8
New Series About Chinatown NY's Overnight Worke... Jul 26 Sinovision_US 1
Pocon downs,Pa Jul '17 Ralph 1
best ice cream and chocolate milk. Jul '17 William 1
Chinatown Music Forum (Dec '12) Jun '17 Musikologist 12
Real Reason Why There is Beef with Smith Projec... (Dec '09) Jun '17 Castle killers 22
News Francis Hall, Host of Faceboyz Open Mike (Jul '07) Feb '17 Q Public 2

Lower East Side Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lower East Side Mortgages