Wedding plans bloom as NY legalizes gay marriage

Full story: El Paso Times 11
As the news flashed around the globe that New York state had legalized gay marriage, New York fashion designer Malcolm Harris didn't waste any time. Full Story
John

El Paso, TX

#1 Jun 25, 2011
How exciting for committed gay couples in New York who now have access to all the legal protections of marriage. They're going to throw some amazing parties, I'm sure...

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#9 Jun 25, 2011
"The results of more than a century of anthropological research on households, kinship relationships, and families, across cultures and through time, provide no support whatsoever for the view that either civilization or viable social orders depend upon marriage as an exclusively heterosexual institution. Rather, anthropological research supports the conclusion that a vast array of family types, including families built upon same-sex partnerships, can contribute to stable and humane societies." ( American Anthropological Association)

The reality is, gay people are going to form relationships. The question then becomes, are we going to accept reality and encourage strong, committed relationships around the shared values of family, fidelity, and responsibility, with the help of friends, family, and the government, or is it in the best interest of society to make laws that attack and demean such relationships, causing unjustified harm to those couples and their children.
Bi-Bi

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Jun 25, 2011
How about His and His electric shavers for wedding gifts?

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#15 Jun 25, 2011
Boris wrote:
<quoted text>Agree and well said! Thanks for sharing.
Changing user names and responding to your own posts doesn't fool everyone, R1!!!
ole_keller

Dallas, TX

#18 Jun 25, 2011
oxman66 wrote:
This is so sick, i'm glad that these rednecks down here in Ga. will never let this happen. I hope all you fruits know that you are going to burn in hell with pink lace on.
Oxman: If you really live in Dallas you must be very isolated. The people voted Lupe Valdez (gay) to be Sheriff of Dallas County. The Mayor of Houston is gay. Are you living under a rock?
ole_keller

Dallas, TX

#20 Jun 25, 2011
Teresa wrote:
<quoted text>
Mexico, Cuba, Puerto Rico, etc., etc., it's all the same. Send his illegal ass back to Mexico.
Is El Paso the same as New York City? The places you mentioned are 1,000's of miles apart. Puerto Ricans are born US citizens.
Jose

Phoenix, AZ

#22 Jun 25, 2011
Teresa wrote:
I know that, but I don't see that way and they should be sent back to Puerto Rico, Mexico or where ever. They are just like rest of the Hispanics, lazy good nothing criminals.
I agree illegals need to be sent back to mexico, but you are a wicked bitch you need serious help you idiot.
fairness for all

El Paso, TX

#24 Jun 25, 2011
When consenting adults are in love and willing to commit to one another the government should not interfere.

Now New York needs to legalize polygamy and incestual marriage.
No Homo

El Paso, TX

#25 Jun 25, 2011
ole_keller wrote:
<quoted text>Go to work, pay their bills, take care of their house, love their families, etc. etc. etc. What can you do; Collect welfare and food stamps?
You like it in the butt too?
Past Resident

United States

#26 Jun 25, 2011
Let them marry...just don't let them adopt! They shouldn't be allowed to force their lifestyle on adoptable children. The natural life of their marriage should be childless & the rest will take care of itself.
Anonymous

Bowling Green, KY

#28 Oct 28, 2012
Leviticus 20:13

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harlem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr friv4school 6,466
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 11 hr NAVYVET 760
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 12 hr NAVYVET 6,391
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Sep 28 Jeff 16,795
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Sep 21 Jimmy Rustle 676
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Sep 19 No one 440
New Harlem cinema big on Imagenation (Aug '06) Sep 15 The Driver 1,582

Harlem Jobs

Harlem People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Harlem News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Harlem

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]