New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote?

Created by Top Mod2 on Sep 13, 2010

3,669 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#18437 Apr 2, 2013
Remiesong wrote:
His point, he said, was just that “there is no group that really gets to have a special dispensation” to change the definition of marriage. So Ben Carson has an opinion, that marriage should be between a man and a woman. Homosexuals believe they are entitled to the same rights and benefits as straights. If the federal government and the Supreme Court do not feel that homosexuals should have the same rights then they are discriminating. Civil unions should be recognized and legal and health benefits, etc. should be shared and recognized as well. Marriage should remain between a man and a woman by definition, but clearly, love, commitment, respect , trust, responsibility are not unique to the male -female union. These things will change in time. Everyone may not agree, or like it but we have the right to pursue happiness.
I believe in Gay marriage, why should heterosexuals be the only ones to suffer? Be careful what you wish for. And yes Dr. Carson has an opinion founded in his beliefs and has a right to pronounce it and defend it, just like Dr. Matin Luther King, a fellow conservative Republican.
Remiesong

Bronx, NY

#18438 Apr 2, 2013
Goober of Gloversville wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in Gay marriage, why should heterosexuals be the only ones to suffer? Be careful what you wish for. And yes Dr. Carson has an opinion founded in his beliefs and has a right to pronounce it and defend it, just like Dr. Matin Luther King, a fellow conservative Republican.
so, you believe heterosexuals suffer - no wonder your opinions appear so bitter. The only thing I wish for is non-discrimination for any reason. Not just the obvious reasons such as race, religion..........

Location hidden

#18439 Apr 2, 2013
Remiesong wrote:
<quoted text> so, you believe heterosexuals suffer - no wonder your opinions appear so bitter. The only thing I wish for is non-discrimination for any reason. Not just the obvious reasons such as race, religion..........
I lost perspective for a moment, to think that a liberal would recognize humor...hmmm...but you did vote for obama, that's a joke on all of us, but who's laughing.......

Location hidden

#18440 Apr 2, 2013
Remiesong wrote:
<quoted text> so, you believe heterosexuals suffer - no wonder your opinions appear so bitter. The only thing I wish for is non-discrimination for any reason. Not just the obvious reasons such as race, religion..........
I am too well off to be bitter, I am angry about the transformation of our great nation into a irrevocable debtor nation by the time the fool in the White House has finished his "transformation" of our nation with his reckless spending, endless spending of borrowed money from my childrens future. Only a fool would believe the utopian pasture pudding this clown spreads.
Remiesong

Bronx, NY

#18441 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
I am too well off to be bitter, I am angry about the transformation of our great nation into a irrevocable debtor nation by the time the fool in the White House has finished his "transformation" of our nation with his reckless spending, endless spending of borrowed money from my childrens future. Only a fool would believe the utopian pasture pudding this clown spreads.
you are bitter. So bitter that you changed your rant to picking on poor Obama. Why is that? all trails don't lead to Obama. You may be more successful in winning an argument.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#18442 Apr 3, 2013
"you are bitter. So bitter that you changed your rant to picking on poor Obama. Why is that? all trails don't lead to Obama"

Leftists and liberals always invoke the strategy of trying to define the argument of their political opposiiton, it doesn't work with me.
It's the facts that count, and the fact is the national debt has increased over six trillion dollars under the "professors" watch, with no intention of curbing his spending appetite. Little school children are denied access to their White House, while Hollywood celebrities continue to have an open door policy to the "professors'" palace. He is a fraud, and a narcisstic skunk, that of course is opinion, later defined by history I'm sure as fact. The "Chicken Little professor" has egg on his face now that the sky hasn't fallen under sequestration. How much has obama given up on his lifestlye for sequestration?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#18444 Apr 3, 2013
Unrelyable wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretending? Try telling that to the children in Indiana who now have to win a lottery to attend head start programs....
Try telling obama he can't go on vacation, he has work to do.
Remiesong

Bronx, NY

#18445 Apr 3, 2013
De Oppresso Liber wrote:
"you are bitter. So bitter that you changed your rant to picking on poor Obama. Why is that? all trails don't lead to Obama"
Leftists and liberals always invoke the strategy of trying to define the argument of their political opposiiton, it doesn't work with me.
It's the facts that count, and the fact is the national debt has increased over six trillion dollars under the "professors" watch, with no intention of curbing his spending appetite. Little school children are denied access to their White House, while Hollywood celebrities continue to have an open door policy to the "professors'" palace. He is a fraud, and a narcisstic skunk, that of course is opinion, later defined by history I'm sure as fact. The "Chicken Little professor" has egg on his face now that the sky hasn't fallen under sequestration. How much has obama given up on his lifestlye for sequestration?
It was the Repulicans, in their infinite wisdom and unending lack of cooperation who brought about the sequestration. The cuts are in place and you losers are still whining. You see even when you get what you want, spending cuts, it's blame Obama. Knock it off and quit your bellyaching. And quit trying to change the subject, which is Ben Carson. Is the liberal media trying to persecute him? Or did he misspeak? Why apologize to anyone if he did not? Answer these questions or don't reply at all. If you want to address another topic, fine. Just don't try it at my expense. I eat pinheads like you for breakfast. Blow your nose and dry your tears. Obamas in office for four more years.
Remiesong

Bronx, NY

#18446 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
this nation has always been in debt so your trying to cast the blame on the current president holds no water

Location hidden

#18447 Apr 3, 2013
Remiesong wrote:
<quoted text> It was the Repulicans, in their infinite wisdom and unending lack of cooperation who brought about the sequestration. The cuts are in place and you losers are still whining. You see even when you get what you want, spending cuts, it's blame Obama. Knock it off and quit your bellyaching. And quit trying to change the subject, which is Ben Carson. Is the liberal media trying to persecute him? Or did he misspeak? Why apologize to anyone if he did not? Answer these questions or don't reply at all. If you want to address another topic, fine. Just don't try it at my expense. I eat pinheads like you for breakfast. Blow your nose and dry your tears. Obamas in office for four more years.
I don't respond to propaganda, and that's all your posts are, or there's another possibility, that you're just a useful idiot
parroting the lefts talking points ad infinitum, your reasoning process only allows you to blame the world on Republicans, including sequestration, if it weren't so idiotic you would be laughable instead of pathetic.

Location hidden

#18448 Apr 3, 2013
Goober is right about Dr. Martin Luther King, he was a registered Republican. Most African-Americans have been successfully brainwashed by the left into thinking that Lincoln was a democrat also. The Ku Klux Klan infested democratic dixiecrats were the party of segregation in the south, hardly sharing the civil rights narrative of conservative Republicans like Dr. King. President Lyndon Baines Johnson is known to have explained the benefit of the civil rights legislation to his hesitant fellow democrats by insuring them that " We'll have these n+gg+rs voting democratic for the next hundred years". An uninformed voter is the best democratic voter, still.
De Odumbo Conser

Matawan, NJ

#18449 Apr 3, 2013
De Oppresso Liber wrote:
I don't respond to propaganda, and that's all your posts are, or there's another possibility, that you're just a useful idiot
parroting the lefts talking points ad infinitum, your reasoning process only allows you to blame the world on Republicans, including sequestration, if it weren't so idiotic you would be laughable instead of pathetic.
parroting the right's talking points ad infinitum, your reasoning process only allows you to blame the world on Democrats, including sequestration, if it weren't so idiotic you would be laughable instead of pathetic.
De Odumbo Conser

Matawan, NJ

#18450 Apr 3, 2013
De Oppresso Liber wrote:
Goober is right about Dr. Martin Luther King, he was a registered Republican.An uninformed voter is the best democratic voter, still.
Speaking of uninformed:

We decided to put that assertion to the test. We knew, because he said so, that King never endorsed politicians and "took this position in order to maintain a bipartisan posture, which I have followed all along in order to be able to look objectively at both parties at all times." We also know from his autobiography that he wrote to a supporter in 1956 that "in the past, I always voted the Democratic ticket."

However, in a 2008 Associated Press story, King’s son and namesake Martin Luther King III said:"It is disingenuous to imply that my father was a Republican. He never endorsed any presidential candidate, and there is certainly no evidence that he ever even voted for a Republican. It is even more outrageous to suggest he would support the Republican Party of today, which has spent so much time and effort trying to suppress African American votes in Florida and many other states."

http://www.politifact.com/tennessee/statement...

An uninformed moron is the best conservative, still.

Location hidden

#18451 Apr 3, 2013
Remiesong wrote:
<quoted text> this nation has always been in debt so your trying to cast the blame on the current president holds no water
All of your arguments are fallacious and incontinent.

Location hidden

#18452 Apr 3, 2013
De Odumbo Conser wrote:
<quoted text>
parroting the right's talking points ad infinitum, your reasoning process only allows you to blame the world on Democrats, including sequestration, if it weren't so idiotic you would be laughable instead of pathetic.
That is about as clever as you can get, how sophmoric.
De Odumbo Conser

Matawan, NJ

#18453 Apr 3, 2013
De Oppresso Liber wrote:
It's the facts that count, and the fact is the national debt has increased over six trillion dollars under the "professors" watch, with no intention of curbing his spending appetite.
Huh, that's curious, because Ronald Reagan, the conservative deity, tripled the national debt in 8 years. Hell, this country didn't even HAVE a national debt (for all intents and purposes) until President "I don't recall" took office. Then Bill Clinton produces a surplus (this will be funny watching you say he doesn't get the credit, when in the same breath you give all the blame for the current deficits to Obama), and Curious George comes along with the rest of the fiscal conservatives, and turns a $250,000,000,000 surplus into a $1,700,000,000,000 in 8 years, and somehow it's all Obama's fault?

Classic. God you're a moron.
De Odumbo Conser

Matawan, NJ

#18454 Apr 3, 2013
and turns a $250,000,000,000 surplus into a $1,700,000,000,000 DEFICIT (forgot that word above) in 8 years, and somehow it's all Obama's fault?

Location hidden

#18455 Apr 3, 2013
Remiesong wrote:
<quoted text> this nation has always been in debt so your trying to cast the blame on the current president holds no water
When was the last time it was 16.7 trillion dollars in debt? Are you an idiot?

Location hidden

#18456 Apr 3, 2013
De Odumbo Conser wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of uninformed:
We decided to put that assertion to the test. We knew, because he said so, that King never endorsed politicians and "took this position in order to maintain a bipartisan posture, which I have followed all along in order to be able to look objectively at both parties at all times." We also know from his autobiography that he wrote to a supporter in 1956 that "in the past, I always voted the Democratic ticket."
However, in a 2008 Associated Press story, King’s son and namesake Martin Luther King III said:"It is disingenuous to imply that my father was a Republican. He never endorsed any presidential candidate, and there is certainly no evidence that he ever even voted for a Republican. It is even more outrageous to suggest he would support the Republican Party of today, which has spent so much time and effort trying to suppress African American votes in Florida and many other states."
http://www.politifact.com/tennessee/statement...
An uninformed moron is the best conservative, still.
Next you will want us to believe he was a Dixiecrat and a Klansman, the fact is he was a registered Republican. Personally, I always vote in private, and so did Dr. King. But that's right, democrats know everything, thanks for the laugh.

Location hidden

#18457 Apr 3, 2013
To stop the Democrats’ pro-slavery agenda, anti-slavery activists founded the Republican Party, starting with a few dozen men and women in Ripon, Wisconsin on March 20, 1854. The party spread across the northern and western United States like a prairie fire of freedom. The first Republican state convention was held in Jackson, Michigan in July 1854. The Republican National Committee met for the first time in 1856, followed four months later by the first Republican National Convention.

In the election of 1860, Republicans swept to victory in the White House and won majorities in both houses of Congress. Just six years after the party’s founding, the Governor of every northern state in America was a Republican. That phenomenal progress was possible only because the Republican Party was based on the powerful idea that our nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to equality, must live up to its founding principles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Windsor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 10 hr Clifford Spencer 758
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Fri liberalP 6,443
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Fri positronium 675
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Fri positronium 6,389
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Fri No one 440
First same-sex wedding of men happening Saturda... (Nov '13) Sep 12 Don Brown 6
Elliot Rodger RIP Sep 10 Jimmy Rustle 9
•••

New Windsor News Video

•••
•••

New Windsor Jobs

•••
•••
•••

New Windsor People Search