sears and roebuck houses in cournwall

sears and roebuck houses in cournwall

Posted in the New Windsor Forum

jane denning

Briarcliff Manor, NY

#1 Apr 3, 2006
Hi...I am very interested in finding out about Sears and Roebuck houses in the Cornwall area. We recently bought one and I believe there are a number of others. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks, Jane
Dave

Pleasanton, CA

#2 Apr 6, 2006
I beleive there are 2 on rt 94 in cornwall/salisbury mills.
1 is directly across from the cumberland farms by the shore drive/ beaver dam lake area. The second is down 94 toward washingtonville a 1/4 mile or so on the same side of 94 as the 1st one.
George Kane

Kingston, NY

#4 Jul 1, 2006
jane denning wrote:
Hi...I am very interested in finding out about Sears and Roebuck houses in the Cornwall area. We recently bought one and I believe there are a number of others. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks, Jane
Touch base with the Town Clerk and ask for the Historian's phone number. She should be able to help.
Jean

United States

#5 Jul 11, 2006
Either in Cornwall or Cornwall-on-Hudson - anyone know anything about the proposed homes known as Benedict Bond (perhaps in New Windsor?) or a Senior Citizen complex to be built near the Military Academy (9W)? Any contact information will be appreciated.
Diane Armstrong - Kane

Campbell Hall, NY

#6 Jul 18, 2006
jane denning wrote:
There are several homes in C-O-H which were Sears and Roebuck homes. I lived in one on Second Street in 1974. It is the home next door to the one Dr. Margaret Dames owned. You should go to town hall in Cornwall and ask one of the clerks for help in your search. Hope this helps you.
Loren

United States

#7 Feb 5, 2007
jane denning wrote:
HI
rencently my husband and I bought a house not realizing that it was a "kit" house from sears (circa 1952). All the houses on our block are these same kits. Had I known i definately would not have bought it. We have had sooo many problems....the area is nice though
Vicky

Tutzing, Germany

#8 Jul 16, 2007

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Windsor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shrimp Grown In Tanks Make A Splash, Coming To ... Aug 21 Stephany McDowell 1
Thomas Hall (Oct '10) Aug 19 Wonding in ky 4
Newburgh/Violence (Mar '07) Aug 17 Changed man 32
News Alvarez guilty in gang slaying (Dec '08) Aug 17 Changed man 14
Beaty salon Aug 11 Urszula 1
perez and bowmen Aug 10 tim 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - New Windsor, NY (Jul '10) Mar '16 Gae 5

New Windsor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Windsor Mortgages