Fishkill resident

Stormville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Oct. 25, 2012 Thurs about 3:00 p.m. My brother and I had the pleasure of visiting this restaurant for the first time. We were one of two tables dining while two ppl sat at the bar. We ordered the  tortilla soup and pulled pork nachos. The soup was delicious and spicy. The nachos had bbq'd pulled pork spread on top of a mound of cheese, chips and served with a dollup of guacamole on one corner of the plate, wonderfully seasoned sour cream on another end, fresh cut tomatoes and seasonings on another corner of the plate..prompting me to remark it looked like it was put together by CIA grad.  Because our experience was so delightful, took my husband back Sat. night, Oct. 27th.

Totally different experience. Dining room 3/4 full as was bar. Ordered the nachos again....appeared as if tossed onto plate..had to look for pulled pork which was dry and somewhat fatty, suspected it had been sitting under warming light for awhile..then we ordered coconut shrimp..overcooked and because of that lost it's flavor..sauce was not served with the usual chutney..with a sauce that did not compliment the dish.
Pomegranite mrgarita tasted like a martini and did not taste like a margarita at all....served in tom collins glass because we were told proper glassware not received yet.

Spoke to manager Angelo...important to give him feedback which he appreciated...I do not believe in complaining because this is a new restaurant and needs to work out kinks...but feedback and observations are important which he agreed with..told him after kinks are worked out we would be back...in a month...looking forward to dining with them again.
Fiskil Diner

Hopewell Junction, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Been here twice. This place sucks, pure and simple.
distantdrum

Hopewell Junction, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Went there this afternoon. Beautiful place. Everyone working there was courteous and friendly. All prices were reasonable. Our dinner was very good (Skirt Steak). Only suggestion would be to expand the menu. Right now it seems limited. By the way, this shouldn't be taken as a complaint. We are definetly going back. Once again ..... beautiful!!
Wheres the food

Suffern, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Went there for the first time this weekend and was really disappointed. You think by walking in there the food would be top notch classy, really good food. Not at all. No imagination with anything on the very boring menu! The poor server looked lost when asked a question about bar drinks and she even said I'm not good with wine. When we got our food the portion was VERY small! Thin piece of meat and 2 tabs of mashed potatos. We all laughed at the portions but luckly Burger King was next door. Not a good start to a new restaurant. Get a real cook.
Daniel

Hopewell Junction, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Average food, service is lousy. Even young girls are rude and mean!
Beacon Resident

Hopewell Junction, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Ate there 12/29/12. Food was less than average, service was poor. Ordered hot tea with lemon and water as our drinks, had to hail the hostess to get sugar because waitress was busy with another table. Waitress stayed with other customer, chatting them up. Waitress brought out one of our soups, said that the other one comes with the sandwich, but could bring it now. Second soup arrived, followed immediately by sandwiches. Had to hail waitress to get ketchup for fries, which were limp and soggy. Won't go back.
Fishkill resident

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Been there several times try to give them the benefit of the doubt that it's a new place but still service really lack and the food inconsistently changing never really complained to the staff cause I was being courteous that they are going to get better but never did
Roger

Fishkill, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

I agree 100% my first review ever and this was hands down the worst food. Service was good but good was so bad I have no words
Duke

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

It's called Grand Centro.
Rocco

Stormville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

This was not a good experience. I dine out a lot and this experience was laughable. My family of four was in and out in 35 minutes for a full meal. Food was rushed and under cooked. The portions are ridiculously small and priced inappropriately. I am not exaggerating, my family and I had to stop quickly at Burger King afterward to satisfy our appetite. The nachos were actually pretty good but again, the portion size was terrible. How much does it cost for a good amount of chips, I mean really?
The skirt steak was tiny and extremely salty. The ribs were very fatty and the french fries were not edible- extremely undercooked. I will never go back. If you want a really good burger, go to State's Grille in Hopewell or Daddy O's where you can get a 20 oz. burger for 13.95, not an 8 oz hockey puck for 12.95.
Do not go here, they make a novice attempt at being a good restaurant.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent New Windsor Discussions

Search the New Windsor Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Correction-Tard Dave Curtin Cheating on "Wife" ... 13 hr Knew him 2
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 15 hr Lumpy Churchhill 6,372
Tutty named interim superintendent at Central V... 15 hr just askin 28
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Tue Gravity Pete 670
70yr old woman from Newburgh, had 4 children by... (Oct '09) Jul 29 Melinda 2
Principal pleads not guilty (Nov '10) Jul 29 deep quarry 22
Washingtonville High School principal charged w... (Oct '10) Jul 29 deep quarry 164
•••
•••

New Windsor News Video

•••
•••

New Windsor Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

New Windsor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE