400 Gallons of Oil Mistakenly Put in ...

400 Gallons of Oil Mistakenly Put in Basement

There are 8 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Aug 2, 2007, titled 400 Gallons of Oil Mistakenly Put in Basement. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

A mistake by a heating oil company left a big mess in the basement of an upstate New York home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

spike1982

Manning, SC

#1 Aug 2, 2007
I am sure glad she didnt have that evening cigarette...that was a close call!!!
hummmm

Millen, GA

#2 Aug 2, 2007
I wonder how much crack this person had to smoke in order to make this kind of a mistake!!!!
mr mackey

United States

#3 Aug 2, 2007
The cleanup crew will consist mostly of nonsmokers.

“Wake up People”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#5 Aug 2, 2007
They may as well tear the house down and build her a new one cause they will never get that smell out

rwwllms

“If you can't be a good example”

Since: Mar 07

be a warning

#7 Aug 3, 2007
But Warlock, you're forgetting about Jethro's cousin, Elly Mae. You can put up with Jethro so we can get her can't you?

“Still me. ”

Since: May 07

Hudson, NY

#10 Aug 3, 2007
I swear there is a lack of oxygen up here!! It's the altitude I tell ya!! I was dizzy and misread the address. Sorry!!
Thankful

Columbia, SC

#11 Aug 3, 2007
I'm just thankful that some of the stupid, dumb things I have done in my life in a moment of inattention, distraction, ignorance, or just plain stupidity haven't resulted in such a catastrophy. ...the embarrassment to me is horrible enough and most people aren't reading about it all over the world...and others affected so adversely.

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#12 Nov 18, 2007
Um, I hate to be the one to break it to you guys, but heating oil is not flammable until it is sprayed into the firebox...

You can put out a lit match in #2 diesel...real hard to get the liquid to ignite. Little change of unconcentrated vapor exploding.

Sorry.

Still, that delivery was a dumbass mistake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Windsor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hasidic Jews in upstate New York Nov 14 The Bible Student 4
News Putnam Valley music teacher accused of sexually... (Sep '07) Nov 10 Jim pv 10
News KJ's formation of new town up to Monroe voters Nov 9 Realist 4
News KJ wins court approval to tap Cornwall well Nov 9 Realist 4
News Palm Tree proposal could be costly for Monroe t... Oct '17 Russ Ferdicko 9
city college was not on diddy or heavy d Sep '17 coco4u 1
sears and roebuck houses in cournwall (Apr '06) Sep '17 Circle of Friends... 8

New Windsor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Windsor Mortgages