100 hear details of power-line project

Full story: PressConnects.com

DEPOSIT -- A second power line traversing his 150-acre dairy farm doesn't appeal to Donald D. Niehaus, but he was willing to give project engineers a fair hearing on Wednesday night.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Jun 1, 2006
dkp2486

Provo, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2006

We also had an "informational meeting" on Tuesday nite (05/09) which my wife and I attended (along with approximately 150 others). I hope you came away with more answers than we received. The gentlemen who were running the meeting were so ambiguous with their answers that we came away not knowing anything more when we left than we did when we we arrived. The mayor of Utica became so irate with their demeaning attitude and facade that he invited the entire congregation to join him in leaving the meeting. More than 3/4 of the people followed him.
I, for one, feel that we must somehow stop this project before it goes any further. I may be biased in my opinion, because the lines will traverse almost directly over my home - the center of the railroad is about 30 feet from my front door. Good luck
Hman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2006

This deal has been in the works since 2003 since they purchased the rights to the railroad tracks, so anyone who has been caught by suprise over this announcement..shame on you for being underinformed, because what else would they (a power line company transmitting power from Canada) do with rail tracks?Turn it into a recreational trail? Good luck is right...we have the weight of downstate energy growth and demand against us coupled with apathetic politicians and residents who will for the most part passively accept whatever is handed down to them. As for those adjoining the lines, you probably can sell to an ATVer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent New Windsor Discussions

Search the New Windsor Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 10 hr College Professor 6,391
Elliot Rodger RIP Mon sure 8
Debate: Ferguson - Beacon, NY Sun Louis 1
Debate: Ferguson - Newburgh, NY Sun Brian Ellis 1
"Newburgh Liz" Aug 13 Mcgiiver 1
Bernard Icart, suspect in wife Sabine Icart's m... (Apr '13) Aug 11 Taisha 2
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Aug 9 JEWISH VOICE 438
•••
•••

New Windsor News Video

•••
•••

New Windsor Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

New Windsor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE