Beacon man stabbed to death

Apr 6, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Poughkeepsie Journal

BEACON - A 24-year-old City of Beacon man was stabbed to death Monday night outside the South Davies apartment complex off South Avenue in the city.

Comments
1 - 20 of 28 Comments Last updated Jan 8, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
disturbed

Pompton Lakes, NJ

#1 Apr 6, 2010
I live "hum" near the site of the murder/stabbing. Last year "I think" the apt. buildings had cameras installed and fences put up. The fences are have been kicked through a number of times as the cameras are not pointed to watch them. What I can only reasonably assume to be dealers hung out in the park across from the apt. complex since the cameras were installed, last year on the park benches and n their cars this year in their cars as park benches have not been placed yet. Strange cars are seen to come for 2 or 3 minutes and then take off. I have seen fights, bit bulls running off their leashes and constant booming from radios cranked as high as they could possibly go.

With property taxes sky high in the City of Beacon such as they are why can't the police department have an officer "may be on bicycle" patrol the area around the apt complex, park small strip mall there is a school right up the road and this is not a drug free area. Why can't the police patrol on bicycle like they do on Main Street.

Also the park itself has a open 24/7 basket ball court why dose it need to be lit most of the night as it was last year (your tax dollars here). Why cant it be chained up at dusk. People tend to hang out at the basket ball court at all hours of the night.

Where are the black leaders of this community why are they not doing anything about this murder/stabbing? Why is the management of the complex letting "boyfriends" from who knows where move into apartments leased to single mothers?
billy

Stony Point, NY

#2 Apr 7, 2010
they let them move in because otherwise those sluts wouldnt be able to pay the rent and will squat there dirty asses in the apartment for months. Why chain up the basketball court? it is there for a reason for kids to play basketball, kids should not have to pay because of a few lowlives.
disturbed

Pompton Lakes, NJ

#3 Apr 7, 2010
billy stated: "Why chain up the basketball court? it is there for a reason for kids to play basketball, kids should not have to pay because of a few lowlives."

Dusk seems very reasonable to me. Is there a reason "kids" should be "playing basketball" after that time? Unfortunately these "lowlives" are using the parks to "deal" with this in mind It appears very prudent to take affirmative action and secure the courts during non sun lit hours. Why dose it need to be available to "KIDS" at 3:30am?

billy stated:"they let them move in because otherwise those sluts wouldnt be able to pay the rent and will squat there dirty asses in the apartment for months."

Well billy I agree with your feeling about the ladies. However If the money that is "scoff" paying the rent is generated in sales of drugs this money is not helping the Black, Hispanic community but in fact hurting it if these "Entrepreneuring" men you speak of could verify they have gain full employment, I say fine. But lets take a closer look at the ones that hang out in the park all day in their cars presumably selling Is this what the "basket ball KIDS" need in the environment or for roll models?

Again I see the murder/stabbing blame should be placed where it belongs on the management of Davies terrace, for negligence in allowing their complex to become a drug haven, the Beacon Parks Dept. for neglect, the Beacon PD. for dereliction of duty in that this problem area (and SCHOOL ZONE" has been allowed to fester with out adequate patrols. The so called Black and Hispanic community leaders for impotence and simply crying poor us leading to the Beacon PD becoming apathetic about this area of the City.
BELA1

Pompton Lakes, NJ

#4 Apr 7, 2010
R.I.P. Ra G You did not deserve this to happen to you.

Gone But Never Forgotten.
b-fi

Oakland, NJ

#5 Apr 7, 2010
This poor young man was killed because the man who stabbed him was trying to steal his sweater off his back. He was defending himself and was killed because of it.
I think people should realize that woman are trying to raise children in this complex. i cant afford 2 pay 1000 a month in rent even with my 2 jobs and my aunt watching my son for free. Its Unfortunate that some peolpe r so simple minded and lump everything into drugs and single mothers.
Local

Port Jervis, NY

#6 Apr 7, 2010
Why are "women" trying to raise children? Where are the men? Where's your husband? Single "mothers" (I use that term in the biological sense only) are the root cause of MOST of the problems in minority communities. Until you get that 70% illegitimate birth rate under control (I'm sure it's well into the 90's in Beacon and Newburgh), nothing else matters. There is no agency or program that can make people do the right thing for their children.
simple minded

Pleasant Valley, NY

#7 Apr 7, 2010
b-fi, when you made the decision to have a child, did you have a husband or the means to support a child on your own? Just askin'.
simple minded

Pleasant Valley, NY

#8 Apr 7, 2010
BELA1 wrote:
Don't tell me... He's been honored with a beer bottle memorial, right?
who cares

Pompton Lakes, NJ

#9 Apr 8, 2010
what a bunch of bull all his so called boys watched him get stabed up and let the other man walk away thats right walk away if you ask me, him being a latin king and all his so called boy watch this happen oh wait the must have had skirts on that day this would make them latin queens right he got what was coming to him bunch of low life scum you give beacon a bad name latin queens
law bidding citizen

Pompton Lakes, NJ

#10 Apr 8, 2010
RA G the Latin queen got his skirt lifted and poked wit no lube gotta love the hood rot in pieces
law bidding citizen

Pompton Lakes, NJ

#11 Apr 8, 2010
BELA1 wrote:
RA G the Latin queen got his skirt lifted and poked wit no lube gotta love
the hood rot in pieces
famous unknown

Oakland, NJ

#12 Apr 8, 2010
REST IN PEACE Ra-G. you will be missed
Hawleyville Granny

United States

#13 Apr 30, 2010
Sterilize @ birth.
KICKASS

Schenectady, NY

#14 May 14, 2010
BELA1 wrote:
Very glad this SOB is gone...Community Service
Mother

Mahopac, NY

#15 Apr 2, 2011
KICKASS wrote:
<quoted text>Very glad this SOB is gone...Community Service
Hey Kickass...that was my son you are talking about, how dare you!!!!!!!!!! He did not deserve to die, your comment is downright mean and cruel. How would you like it if this happened to your loved one......
Mother

Mahopac, NY

#16 Apr 2, 2011
law bidding citizen wrote:
RA G the Latin queen got his skirt lifted and poked wit no lube gotta love the hood rot in pieces
How can people be so ignorant and cruel? This is my son you are talking about. May you rot yourself for your hateful stupid comment
Mother

Mahopac, NY

#17 Apr 2, 2011
simple minded wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tell me... He's been honored with a beer bottle memorial, right?
Shame on you for your comment! Do not make comments if you do not know what you speak of...I am so tired of people passing judgement on my son who was killed because the murderer wanted his jacket and he was defending himself...shame on you!!!!!!!!!!
Mother

Mahopac, NY

#18 Apr 2, 2011
who cares wrote:
what a bunch of bull all his so called boys watched him get stabed up and let the other man walk away thats right walk away if you ask me, him being a latin king and all his so called boy watch this happen oh wait the must have had skirts on that day this would make them latin queens right he got what was coming to him bunch of low life scum you give beacon a bad name latin queens
Hey "Who Cares" that is my son you are talking about what is wrong with you people pass judgement on someone and you have no idea who the person was or where he cones from. Ignorance is rampant in your assinine statement...how dare you!!!!!!!!!!
Mother

Mahopac, NY

#19 Apr 2, 2011
It is so sad to see sugch ignorant people exist on this earth. I try not to read the negative comments but happened to come across this page regarding my son's terrible death. Just so the ignorant people on here know, he was approached for a hoodie jacket, minding his own business, tried to defend himself and was stabbed 8 times by a ruthless killer. To pass judgement on someone you do not know is down right ignorant. To make hurtful statements of a deceased loved one is mean and cruel. Having to live through a horrible loss of my son has been hurtful enough, but to read these comments made by such ignorant people is very painful. "Do not judge, or you too will be judged" and my verdict is "May God have mercy on your ignorant, cruel souls"
Mother

Mahopac, NY

#20 Apr 2, 2011
law bidding citizen wrote:
And...may you rot in hell when you get there!!!!!!!!!! How dare you!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Windsor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 8 hr Ann 16,777
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Wed Vote Zornow 6,408
Blind Faith Wed pusherman_ 1
Elliot Rodger RIP Aug 18 sure 8
Debate: Ferguson - Beacon, NY Aug 17 Louis 1
Debate: Ferguson - Newburgh, NY Aug 17 Brian Ellis 1
"Newburgh Liz" Aug 13 Mcgiiver 1
•••

New Windsor News Video

•••
New Windsor Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••